5,674 results
All reviewsiberostar paraisowave poolseafoodla marinalazy riversnake barla geishasuperior suitelindo buffetel tapatioprivate poolstar friendskids clubspecialty restaurantsfrench restaurantfamily vacationother resorts
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a terrific vacation. We had asked ahead of time for a room in building 60 and were accommodated. The room was large and bright, with 2 large closets on the left as you entered,
and the bathroom with jacuzzi tub on the right. Then the main bedroom, with a king bed and about a 40 inch tv. This was followed by a small sitting room with sofa, then an outside balcony, which had shrubbery right to the edge, effectively eliminating any view in or out.
We did not have any sort of mosquito problem, as I've read about in other reviews. I think my wife had one bite, I didn't get any. And this was the rainy season. (We had one afternoon of rain during our one week stay.)
The food was very good. I didn't enjoy my steak at the steakhouse, but you could always ask for something else, and the wait staff were happy to oblige. I don't remember a single hotel employee who passed us without saying "hello", whether in English or Spanish. They were very friendly and eager to speak with you, as well as helping with whatever was needed. I hope I remember the right names, as I'd like to commend Carmen, the room steward, Alindro,
head waiter or manager, who seemed to be in every restaurant, Maria and Juan?, Concierges in building 60, as well as Mar, who we only saw one day. We'd also like to thank William, Irais, Francisco and especially Napoleon (Dynamite!) of the Star Club. They were always so friendly,
making sure we knew of the night's shows, as well as events coming up at the beach or pools.
We took 2 snorkeling excursions, one with Moises at the Best Day counter in the Maya lobby, and one with Eddie, who worked for the Dressel Tours company right at the beach. One tour was to Puerto Moreles, to a small beach club and some terrific snorkeling, and the other, a catamaran ride to Isla Mujeres, including snorkeling, shopping, and a picture holding some kind of a tame shark, which I think was called a whale shark, but not really sure. Both excursions included lunch and drinks, and were well worth it to us. The staffs on both excursions were very professional, with an emphasis on safety. On our catamaran trip, the guide spoke English, Spanish and Italian, and the whole crew were helpful and friendly.
All in all this was the most relaxing vacation we've had in a long time. We'll be heading back to the Paraiso Maya for many years to come!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tfinneg
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing our lovely resort to spend your vacation with your family, and of course for sharing your review with other travelers, who, we are sure, will find it very helpful to choose a destination.

We are certainly delighted to hear that you have had a memorable experience at our resort with the rooms, pools, food and the Caribbean atmosphere.

Your comments regarding the kindness and effectiveness of our staff are also greatly appreciated.

We are quite confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and we therefore anxiously await your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The people here at this hotel were outstanding. They went out of their way to make our stay one to remember. And it did. The bartenders Jose at the main bar of the hotel remember my drink by site. Gio at the swim up bar was the best. Nataniel at the resturants was concsider family by the end of our stay. Alindro the "Boss " that's what I called him of the resturnats we ate at was outstanding. I can on about everyone from the housekeeping to the doormen. If you do not have a great time here you have to be dead.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
4  Thank Jeannie1956

Dear client,

On behalf of the General Manager of Iberostar Paraiso Maya, please allow us to express our genuine gratitude for choosing our resort for your holidays.

Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciate your recognition to our service. Your comments regarding the kindness and effectiveness of our staff will also go far way in encouraging our team.

Once more thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I booked this trip with the Maya for our 20th anniversary, and are very glad we did. We had been to the del Mar a few years ago and decided to upgrade to the Maya.
We had breakfast at one of the buffets every morning, and only had dinner at the buffet (Lindo) our first night. Every other night we were at an a la carte restaurant and were pleased with all of them. A perk of being at the Maya is that each building has it's own concierge. We had no problem booking restaurants for our desired times, They were very accomodating. Our favourite, I would have to say, was El Museo, with is a gourmet restaurant. We both had the lamb, and it was fantastic.
We spent our anniversary dinner at L'Etoile, which was also very nice. My husband brought a bottle of Dom Perignon form Canada to celebrate, and the wine steward (Nathal) was happy to chill and open it for us. The hotel also sent a bottle of sparkling wine to our room the evening before our dinner which was so thoughful.
We did 2 tours through Westjet Vacations, and went to Rio Secreto, which is a walking/wading/swimming tour through a cenote (underwater cave) I sometimes have a bit of a problem with close spaces, but this tour was nothing like that. I never felt unsafe. We were provided with life jackets, helmets, wetsuits, and water shoes. A Mayan lunch was provided as well, after the tour.
The second tour we did was the Coba tour which also included a little kayaking, hiking, rapelling, and zip lining. We also had a traditional Mayan lunch provided with this tour. After the activity we headed over to Coba where our guide did a short tour of the ruins with us and then left us to explore and climb the tallest temple. It is pretty impressive.
We also spent an afternoon in Playa del Carmen. We took the hotel van-$5/person each way. We were dropped off in a gated parking lot, with instructions to return at a certain time to guarantee our trip back. The experience was entertaining,and I returned to the hotel with some beautiful silver jewelry, lol. There are also some very nice shops in the hotel, and the silver shops in the hotel are part of the same chain that we were directed to in Playa del Carmen.
Our transfer back to the airport was seamless, and we have returned back to reality...the only thing that I think I would advise someone of is that if you are looking for Tequila, the good stuff, like Patron, buy it at the duty-free at the airport, it's much cheaper. Lesson learned.
All in all we had a wonderful time and think that all the staff was so very friendly and accomodating. We would like to give Nathal, the wine steward, special recognition. He was great!

Room Tip: We were in Building 31, and were close both to the pool and the beach. The pool has free wifi, and with our room being close, we took advantage of that.
2  Thank ddrich

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Paraiso Maya.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tripadvisor about how your holidays went.
It is a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday special. Of course we are very happy to hear that you loved our two French Restaurants “El Museo” and “L’etoile” gourmet.

We are confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and as such sincerely look forward to your next visit. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Beatiful hotel and very good service,we go there every year.
We just love going over there,the hotel and service is outstanding, friendly people good food good drink and good service,
We have stayed at the other properties all inclusive but we like the paraiso maya the best.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank 1954cookie0704
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear client,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at our family resort. We would also like to take a moment thank you for taking time to write a review for Trip Advisor about your experience at our hotel.

We are glad to read that you took advantage of our facilities. It is also a pleasure to know that you had a great time with our staff.

We are quite confident that you will be returning to our beautiful resort in the future and as such, we look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went the first day of our vacation thinking we would stay at Del Mar. We decided to upgrade to this one and it was well worth it. You get free access to the wet facilities in the spa with a Maya bracelet which is really great for this time of year when the weather is hit or miss.

The staff is absolutely incredible. They knew our names and they joked around with us a lot. When we were leaving we said goodbye to our favorite ones and they were sad to see us go. They even kept asking if we would come back next year with some "ninos". I still wonder what our new friends are doing now.

The food was great. Make sure to try out the Steakhouse and the Japanese especially.

The weather was pretty horrible during our trip which is obviously not their fault. However, the only thing I thought they could have done different is try to relocate some of the fun to the indoors when it was so nasty out.

The pina coladas are excellent and they love honey mooners!

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the shows every night! Ask someone your first night to give you a run down of which times which ones are in which theaters!
2  Thank ANDREARODGE

Dear client,

On behalf of the management team and all the staff of the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation in Mexico and also for taking time out of your busy schedule to send us your comments about your experience at our lovely hotel.

We feel happy to know that you enjoyed our Japanese and our steakhouse restaurants, thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned about our resort, please be sure that we will forward your comments to our staff.

On the other hand, we are sorry to hear that the weather was not the best during your stay. Our Animation Department will be thankful to learn about your perception so that they are sure to go on the right direction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in a near future and hopefully you will consider us as your Mexican “home away from home”.

Best regards,