Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$246
Iberostar.com
$562
$472
$267
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$291
$207
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,320 results
All reviewsiberostar paraisowave poolseafoodla marinalazy riverla geishasuperior junior suitelindo buffetel tapatioprivate poolstar friendskids clubswim up barspecialty restaurantsfrench restaurantfamily vacationother resorts
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have chosen the iberostar Paraiso Maya, Mexico because we have stayed in Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana, DR and had great experience. My husband I have not been disappointed and were pleasantly surprised. We have three small kids, 7y, 5 y and 1y old. We got to hotel at 10:30am and our room was ready. I was so grateful and happy . We checked our room and were able to get breakfast right away. Our room was very specious, two double beds , pull out sofa and a crib for the baby, separate bathroom , with Jacuzzi and corner shower. We also had balcony (semi private with small hammock ). Our first day i forgot to tip our maid service however our room was super clean , stock with bottled water and fresh towels . The maid also checked on us in pm and restocked our water and towels. My husband and I very super impressed and really feel the Paraiso Maya has excellent , amazing service.
The food was great in the resort. Unfortunately we did not dine in any special restaurants. We mostly ate in buffets . The resort had its own pool buffet for breakfast and lunch and also beach buffet . For dinner we have used Lindo buffet and their entertainment for kids. Lindo is a sister resort that we share most of kids activities and main buffet. i guess the advantage to stay in Maya is you get more a nicer stuff in terms of room and details ( ex. our breakfast had tablecloths where Lindo's did not) I have not noticed any difference in food maybe more variety in Maya) . I drank the water in the restaurant right away . I never got sick . We did not allow kids to drink the water except the bottled water. However by 4th day the kids drank water in restaurants ( but not from the faucet) and we all were fine.
My kids participated in afternoons in kids club. The teachers were excellent and my boys made friends and some good memories.
We had a great time and vacation. I felt that Paraiso Maya is truly awesome family resort . My kids had wonderful time and so as we , parents. i would highly recommend this resort for any family vacation.

2  Thank elogin01
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the absolute privilege of being your hosts by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Maya for your most recent family vacation. It is a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our delicious food in our restaurants, our beach and our shows; your feedback is very helpful to us in evaluating our service.

One more time, we would like to thank you for your preference; we are quite confident that you will be returning to our beautiful resort in the future and as such, we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Paradise! Quite beautiful. Excellent service, good food and pristine beaches. First class!
Unfortunately, I cannot give a five star rating because of the scary medical treatment I received (actually denied) at the medical centre at the resort. I had an accident off property and requested assistance when I returned as directed by a doctor who saw me on site, but the resort medical staff refused to assess me further. I had cash to pay and insurance, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Just be forewarned. I was left with the feeling that the medical building was just for show.

1  Thank Christine M
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Maya and for taking the time to share your review about your experience.

We regret hearing that you were disappointed with the medical service located at our resort, operated by an external company. When guests have any accident, the center attends patients unless they need special attention, so they are sent to their hospital, located in Cancun. We will pass your comments on to them to investigate what happened and avoid bad impressions in the future.

It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nikki Sterling at www.tripguy.com arranged this wonderful experience for our family. We were 2 adults and 2 kids(9 & 7). The resort was fantastic, the Star Friends staff were extremely engaging and kept the kids entertained throughout the day. The best places for dinner were the Hibachi restaurant and the hamburger & tacos joints in the mall. The pools were massive and would rate them a 8 out of 10. The beach is beautiful with plenty of seats to choose from and the water is crystal clear. Would highly recommend to anyone to go for a great family vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear customer,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to share your comments on how your holiday went at Iberostar.

It certainly motivates us to continue improving hearing that you had an outstanding experience at our resort and were pleased with many aspects of it, including our staff. We will certainly congratulate all the staff for contributing to making your holiday special. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our Japanese restaurant (Hibachi).

Thank you for your preference and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel and give you the excellent service that you and your family deserve.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have visited this report for the last few years. I have to say that the reason we keep coming back is because of some of the outstanding employees. For instance, Angel who works at the Lindo for the dinner buffet.He makes sure that we always have everything we need and always has a smile he goes above and beyond. Also there is Diana who over the last few years has served me my drinks poolside and in the Lindo bar in the evening.It makes me feel so good when she remembers us for the year before. Then there is Rodolfo who works in the bar in the Lindo in the evening who always makes conversation with us and my 14 year old son always wants to stop in and see him in the evening. I am sure I will think of more employees later and will make sure to send a special shout out to them. The gentleman who checked us in at the Maya explained out room was not ready yet since we arrived early like around noon but since my sons medication had to be kept cold he put it in their refrigerator and when our room was ready within an hour he made sure we had a cold one in our room and the one that was there had to be replaced and was done right away. The one person who every year makes our stay special is Carmen she is housekeeping and I feel like she is family. She always goes above and beyond and has a smile and a kind word for us. There are plenty of other resorts that I am sure we could stay at and get the same great beach view and nice pools and the ability to plan excursions but they would not have the same Iberostar staff we have grown to love. I have seen a few reviews on here where people talk about theft and I want to say that has never happened to us. I have my laptop and i phone and the kids i phones out along with cash and have never had anything missing. I have found the staff here very caring and honest.

2  Thank Tina S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Let us begin by extending our sincere appreciations to you for choosing our resort to spend your vacation and for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your honest opinion of your stay.

We are glad you enjoyed our service and facilities. It was a pleasure to have been given the chance to serve you and very encouraging hearing that our service and various staff members served to make your trip even more memorable.

Thank you very much for trusting us, we hope to see you again in our resort in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The “pros” and “cons” of our stay…I’ll start with the “cons” since there was only one…an Iberostar Paraiso Adventure Photo service. Our photographer was Nacho, he was nice, sweet, funny, and professional. We loved our photos. We were looking forward to purchasing the CD and a lot of family pictures.
Unfortunately Nick (the young man assisting us on Aug 29 at 9:30PM in Paraiso Lindo), was abrupt and rude. We did not want to give him the business, we almost walked out...but he said he was the only Manager and regardless when we return he would be there. The only downside to our wonderful Mayan vacation was dealing with Nick.
Now “pros”…From the moment we checked in until we left, every morning, afternoon, and evening we were greeted with a smile and “Buenos Dias”, “hola”, or “Buenas Tardes” by the staff. Always pleasant and full of recommendations. My husband studied Spanish with Rosetta Stones the month before our vacation. For those complaining that the staff needs to speak more English…that is a bit egotistical. Spanish is the native language and their guests go from all over the world. With that being said, our concierge was French, he spoke French, Spanish, and English…very pleasant. We also noticed guests who would not smile and “SNAPPED” their fingers to get the staff’s attention. Where we come from that is how some will call over a pet/dog. This was very distasteful.
We were in building 60, room 6073 which was the last building closest to the beach and on the third floor. I was concerned with my husband’s bad knees, but there was an elevator which was very prompt. It was just a very short walk to the beach, the buffet was right downstairs, and the pool right in front. The swim up bar with one of our favorite bartenders (PABLO) was just a few steps away. A 5 to 8 minute walk to the A la Carte restaurants…we normally would cut through the other buildings (61 – 65) until we got to the lobby…admiring the beautiful sculptures along the way. Or just take the path right between the Maya and Iberostar Grand Resort. When we returned from day trips and were too tired to walk we would request a ride, and the golf like carts would come over quickly.
We had breakfast at “La Marina” (a la carte) and at “El Tapatio”…both were amazing and they offer GREEN JUICE…I was so happy to see that. At La Marina the buffet breakfast was just as good as the a la carte. In El Tapatio, they had a small section with pasta, rice, beans, for breakfast which was perfect the day after too much tequila.
We emailed our dinner reservation requests and got what we wished for and did not encounter any difficulties after. We dined at El Rancho, La Marina, El Museo, and La Geisha. Our favorites ~ La Geisha was very entertaining, better the Benihana and others we have been to. The food was very tasty, the steak was so tender. El Museo (gourmet), very elegant, the ambiance was magnificent. The food was exquisite. Very romantic, young children under 12yrs of age not permitted, neither are shorts.
We had lunch at the beach and El Tapaito…there were always some slight changes in the options, which was refreshing. We tried options we didn’t have the chance to try previously, repeated what we loved, AND they had a la carte options for lunch at El Tapaito!!!
They do take drink orders while you lay at the beach. I DO NOT drink Jose Cuervo and only 100% Agave Tequila…Guadalupe was so wonderful with my Margaritas. She remembered day after day.

You control your AC...ours was always on and our room was always cold.

We want to give special thanks to so many…they made us feel like family, but let me start with the people we remember…Artemio (Kulkulcan Bar), Alejandro (La Marina & L’Etoile), Pablo (swim up bar), Ernesto, Luis…

Room Tip: To make the most of your vacation, go into it with a positive attitude. Leave your troubles behind, the Staff at Iberostar will take care of everything else.
3  Thank NYCFamilyOf3

Dear customer,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Maya for your recent stay in Mexico.

They will be forwarded to our Management so that they know of your impression and experience of your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to post such a pleasant review of our resort for the online community and possible future guests.

On the other hand, regarding the situation mentioned about the attitude of the employee mentioned, we regret the inconveniences caused. Photo Adventures is as an external company and independent of IBEROSTAR, however it is our concern to ensure that quality services are delivered to our mutual customers, to achieve their complete satisfaction. We will look into it.

Thank you for your very complete and constructive feedback. It will for sure help us to improve our service. We will pass your comments to the staff mentioned so that they will be motivated to see they were remembered :-)

We hope to see you again in our resort in the near future and provide the service that you and your family deserve.