My trip to the Paraiso Maya was my 3rd time at an all-inclusive resort. While every resort has their strong suits, the Maya was well-rounded in all regards. I found the food to be exemplary at the Cajun restaurant Jambalaya, and the French Restaurant next door to it (L'Etoile), and the Japanese steakhouse (La Geisha). The rooms were nice, and the resort offered a plethora of activities to do. With great proximity to the beach, it really offered everything that you could ask for.
Some of the additional things I liked about it were the lack of hustlers on the beach, as opposed to my stays in Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta. I really enjoyed not having something sold to me (whether it be the ubiquitous timeshare offer or not) when I made my daily trek down to the ocean. The grill by the beach had fish every day too. One day, I scored ahi tuna, while I enjoyed grouper on a couple of other days.
The resort had a well-maintained golf course on site (it was ranked #1 resort course in all of Mexico, according to one player), and they offered great rates to guests. It was also nice to enjoy a burger and beer before the round, while enjoying Don Julio afterwards (all included). That reminds me, the selection of spirits was the best I have encountered at an all-inclusive resort.
Of the three stays I have had at all-inclusive properties (Sandals and Dreams being the others), this resort was the least expensive, but it stacked up right with the aforementioned hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Prestigia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico