We stayed at the Lindo in 2011 and were going to book it again this year. When we compared the price of the Lindo with the Maya, the Maya was cheaper because of a "kids stay free" promotion.
We stayed at the Maya from July 10 - 19 and it was awesome. The weather was hot but not overly hot, it drizzled once in a while and the ocean was amazing.
There are a lot of positives which have been mentioned many times before so read other reviews. I will however mention a few things that could be improved.
Upgrading to the Maya gave us access to a Maya only buffet at La Marina restaurant. This buffet was no where comparable to the main buffet at the Lindo. Food selection was limited, not overly hot and didn't seem to be replenished that often, as there weren't that many people eating there so you would see the same untouched item every time you went up to the buffet. It was quite disappointing so we ended up back at the Lindo buffet.
Another thing, that was not necessarily Maya related, was that while in the pool, near the central "hot" tubs, every once in a while a not so pleasant odor would make it's way to you. Don't know where it was coming from but was quite nasty.
It will now be harder to downgrade to the Lindo having had access to a few extras like the free internet at the Maya lobby, even though it was not that reliable but for the quick email, it served it's purpose. Also, the larger rooms were nice and the elevator in the building came in handy after a few mojitos :) We stayed in building 61 on the top floor with a pool view and it was perfect. Close to the pool and beach along with the breakfast and lunch buffet restaurant right next door.
Overall we had a great vacation and will probably return next year if we get the same promotion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico