I went to a travel agent after searching the internet and not finding anything. Joanna suggested Iberostar Paraiso Maya when I told her I wanted somewhere that would not be boring for me, but where my husband, two daughters (ages 20 &18) and I could also relax. This was perfect!
The resort is large, so there's lots to do. There are actually five properties and we enjoyed visiting the others. The beach is beautiful.. soft, white sand and aqua blue water. There are plenty of lounge chairs. We could either relax with a pina colado (all alcohol is included) or do any of the fun things available right there...pottery paining, volleyball, zumba, yoga, going to a food festival (every other day), massages, bocci, etc.
We had a junior suite for all four of us. The room we had was right by the beach, just as we requested, however, in the future I would ask for a room with a nice view. Ours was inhibited by the high mangroves that grow everywhere. We had a balcony, sitting room, bedroom, and large bath with a jucuzzi. It, as well as the whole resort, was decorated in a Mayan theme which proved to be beautiful and interesting. Many of the lighting fixtures were enormous and we had drinks in the bar that was situated inside a faux pyramid. You have to see it! The food was beautifully presented, plentiful, interesting and delicious. (I missed my American coffee and tea, though. It was very close, but just a little "off." I learned to use two black tea bags which made it almost perfect.) There were so many restaurants to choose from, and we argued over which evening dining we liked best: Hibachi, French, or Mediteranean. We all liked the ambiance...such nice decorating...
The pool was huge and different at every turn, from bridges to waterfalls to a pool bar to lazy river with animals peeking here and there. Kudos to the architect who came up with it all -- we couldn't stop taking pictures to show family back at home.
I didn't even mention the spa, shopping plaza, and shows. It's all wonderful. Everything is taken care of, literally. There was even Mass on Sunday night (6:00 pm) right at the facility and the priest was so kind -- he spoke in English and Spanish, even though there weren't that many English speakers there. (He asked for a show of hands.)
The two best parts? The employees. I've never encountered a more cheeful, helpful, kind, competent group of people. They all deserve a bonus!! And the VALUE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico