Just returned from a week at the Maya...family of four (kids aged 8 and 4)...this was our first time there. We have traveled extensively over the years (both all inclusive as well as non) so we have a lot to compare this one to (most recently compared to stays last year at Four Seasons in Costa Rica and Beaches in Turks and Caicos).
The Facility: Top notch....very clean...bright...stimulating. Very well done and well maintained. Pools, Beach, Bars, etc....are very clean and well kept. Campus was huge....great to walk and bell boys were very open to pickups/drop-offs whenever desired.
The People: Very friendly and helpful with any request...definitely enjoy their jobs!
The Rooms: Very spacious, well maintained...maid crew must have come in at least 3 if not 4x per day to keep everything tidy. Second most disappointing feature of the facility though were the beds....very hard...not comfortable...also pillows smelled a bit even though room was well maintained. I highly recommend the re-evaluate these...at least in their higher end room options (we had a family suite). We were in building 61 on second floor in a two room family suite (if you get a "two room suite" be prepared that it is actually two rooms side by side with the middle door opened between the rooms).
The Food: Most disappointing for us...would give it a "Moderate" to "Poor" rating. We tried both the buffets and the plated restaurant meals...disappointed with both paths...found buffets to offer better choice/quality (and we are not buffet people). This was the biggest disappoint for us.
The Drinks: The bars had a lot of options....but.....(third disappointment) no consistency on drinks whatsoever...even with same bar tender could never get same drink made same way twice. They had no issues pouring a lot if you wanted a lot or a little if you wanted a little...problem was with consistency. They do offer higher quality drinks which is nice (eg. Bombay Sapphire).
The Entertainment: Plenty to choose from...well done here...something for everyone. We took a few excursions (XCarat, Xel-Ha, Swim with Dolphins)...all were arranged with the lobby tour guides upon arrival...these we all well done...from transportation to the actual facilities themselves...highly recommend taking advantage of a few of these excursions while there).
If you are ok with so so food I would recommend this for family, especially with younger kids...though we have checked this off our list and will most likely not return to this location or Iberostar again (unless we here different about food and beds).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico