We went on a family vacation with 2 kids age 5 and 7.
Initially we were supposed to be in the Iberostar Linda hotel, but when checking in, we asked about the upgrade cost to be in Maya. After negotiating the upgrade cost (remember, in Mexico everything is negotiable, never accept the first price offer from anyone!) we decided to go for it since Maya has mini suites as standard rooms and with 2 kids it was helpful to have a bigger room.
The hotel is amazingly beautiful, the grounds are extremely well kept. The whole property is HUGE. Linda and Maya hotels share the pools. There were a lot of people but since the property is so large you dont really notice it.
Pools pools and more pools! If you like the ocean, this is not the place for you. When we were there the ocean was very rough, huge waves, fun to jump in but no chance of swimming. The beach itself is gorgeous and its a shame that waters are so rough. I'm a diver and did 3 dives with Dresel Divers right on the beach. For scuba once again, look elsewhere.. only 1 dive site was open because of rough waters. So because of all of this, we hung out at the pool most of the time. Pools are gorgeous! There is no chlorine, i'm guessing they use salt water filters, so the water does not have a smell and its very soft. Staff takes great care of pools and cleans it throughout the day. Kids had a blast in the main pool, wave pool and in the waterpark. In the afternoon, kids spent time in kids-club and had fun there.
Overall, kids have lots of things to do, which is great for adults!
Being in Maya hotel you have access to better food then Linda. After trying specialty restaurants, we settled on Sea Food and dined there every day.
Note, men need to wear long pants for restaurants. Sea food restaurant has a buffet which you can go to even if you dont have a reservation. This buffet is more then enough for everyone's taste. Great sea food, meats, no complaints. The other restaurants are..so ..so.. (at least for our taste)
Remember to tip if you want stronger drinks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Prestigia, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico