My husband and I and our three daughters, aged 18, 17 and 10 arrived at our first ever all inclusive. The reception was warm, nothing great. We stayed in the 60 complex closest to the pools, beach and restaurants.
When we arrived at our room they were still cleaning it at 3:30 in the afternoon. We went to eat at the lunch buffet (as we were starving) while our rooms were getting cleaned. The food by that time of day was out a while, but not bad. The breakfast and lunch buffets has a great variety to choose from the food was good.
We then retreated back to our rooms which were large and spotless. I will say that they spent almost an hour eveyday cleaning our rooms and we are neat people. The mattresses however were old, springy and not very comfortable. In fact, when my youngest and I headed back to our room to go to sleep (everyone else was still out at a late dinner), I smelled urine. Once I smelled the mattress, it was clear that someone had an accident and never told. I called, and I will say that they immediately brought up a brand new mattress (still in its plastic) and changed it. They did not however change the sheets. My other biggest complaint of the rooms were the smell. It had a strong hotel odor (almost like a dirty vacuum smell) although there were no carpets, it bothered me a lot.
The pool was fun, very clean as was the beach area, however, if you did not put a towel on the chairs at either place by 9 am, you were in the hot sun all day!!!
The food was average---nothing great, nothing bad.
My biggest pet peeve was that you spend all this money, and they tried to up sell you on everything! Nothing is included as it with many of the others. From the tequila and cigars, to a spa treatment.
In any event, my kids thought it was great and had a great time! I did too--don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico