We stayed at the Iberostar for 3 nights (not long enough!) for a wedding Nov. 2nd.
This was my first 'all inclusive' experience. As far as value goes, well, I'd say in regards to all the free drinks (read: alcohol...or in my case, Mojitos) it was a good deal. The food however...
~Breakfast buffet: very good. Can't go wrong with breakfast food at most places
~Lunch/Dinner: not good. Very bland, dry.
~Room service: The worst! Do not, I repeat, do not order room service. The 'pizza' and the rest of our order was so bad we started laughing about it. And I left all of it. And I LOVE pizza.
We spent all day Sunday at Xel-Ha and ate there. Now THAT lunch/dinner buffet was great! Highly recommend you sign up in the lobby for that excursion.
The rooms were beautiful. Huge. But also really really loud. Did not sleep well as you can hear everything outside room and beds are hard and bedding is not comfortable.
The grounds and pool and beach were beautiful.
The employees were all very friendly, HOWEVER...
Do NOT misplace a towel card or room key or it's your @$$!
I live in the good ole USofA where when you leave a hotel you can leave your room key in the room and head on out. Not here. You MUST bring them to the front desk upon checkout. We didn't. So we had to trolley back to our room (a good mile away it seemed) to get them. Then, we had misplaced one of the 2 towel cards they give you (you exchange them for towels on the beach/pool). It's a BEACH vacation..one 'may' pop out of your shorts or bag and get lost. No big deal right? WRONG!
I couldn't find one of the towel cards upon checking out. It's a huge resort. I figured it fell out somewhere. I told this to the front desk person (it was a male and it was early Monday morning 11/5/12 if mgmnt is reading this) and we were chastised like children for misplacing it! I heard my boyfriend being scolded. My boyfriend said he'd pay to replace it and the man said "that's not the point." What?? So I walked right up and told the guy we didn't have it. He said "my question to you is where is it?" I said flat out and angry at this point "We have paid to be here on a VACATION, there is a beach and a pool and a lot of VACATIONING about and things happen. It must have fallen out and is gone." He was silent. And then our taxi came.
Eat breakfast there and rest of meals elsewhere.
Tip for drinks so they make em good (at the beach bar).
And DO NOT LOSE A TOWEL CARD lest you receive a verbal spanking upon checkout!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico