I stayed at the Maya from June 4th-11th and wasn't completely impressed. I will go over each of the hotels amenities.
Grounds: Grounds were beautiful for the most part. There was always someone cleaning brush or trimming hedges. The only problem were the grounds were covered by peoples old drinking glasses. Now I know this isn't the resorts fault, it just made the place look cheap.
Rooms: The rooms were okay. The room was a nice size, and the bathroom too. The balcony was large and not a squeeze for two people to sit and enjoy it. The problem is the beds are the most firm bed I have ever slept in. Another issue with the room was our remote didn't have a back covering the batteries and they would contiounsly fall out. That wasn't a big deal but when you are staying at such an expensive resort you would hope that small thing would be perfect.I suggest staying in building 63, it is a two minute walk to the lobby and a two minute walk to the pool.
Beach: The beach was perfect. There was only a small area that had rocks, if you setup closer to the Grand you won't find any rocks.
Pools: The pools were nice for the most part. The water was the perfect tempature and the pools were huge. I only found two problems about the pool. People would leave their glasses everywhere and it looked trashy. The other problem is the paplayas are spaced to close together. It makes it very difficult to walk around the pool area, when every five feet you need to duck your head.
Food: Terrible. Every restaurant has the same damn thing, and none of it is very good. Here is how I would rank them from worst to best. Gourmet (Lindo), Japanese, Seafood, Brazilian, Steak house, and the Mexican. I have had better food at an Old Country Buffet.
Staff: The staff were wonderful. These people make so little but are the nicest people. We really enjoyed Jose at the Snake Bar and Frederico at the Beach Bar. They were tremendous.
Would I recommend this resort? I would if the price was about $500 cheaper per person for a week. It deffinetly wasn't worth all the money we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico