“Wide fairways.....for Mexico.”

Iberostar Golf Club Playa Paraiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice course. Price averages out with courses in the area (said and done: $200/round) because food and drinks are included. Located 15 - 20 min North of Playa Del Carmen (transportation is included pending which resort you stay at). I found this course a little more forgiving than the other 2 courses I've played (Grand Coral & Playacar). Fairways were a little wider & greens bigger. Staff were polite and helpful. Beverage cart was around regularly. Definitely worth playing. For other reviews, just search Playa Paraiso Golf Club.

1  Thank Kukes69
in 21 reviews
"resort"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a good test of golf with some nice "get in the feel" opening holes. Holes 7 though 11 are a real good test and the meat of the course. You get a little break on 12 through 14 and then the course finishes strong.

I have heard enough people talk about the toughness of the 18th. It seriously requires 3 good shots. However, it makes me sweaty everytime I get there because of the potential scores.

The staff, headed by Arturo, are excellent. Karla was quick to help us book our tee times. From the time you show up to the time you drive to the first tee is minutes (thanks Alicia!). The boys in the back shop don't just clean you clubs. they are scrubbed down to the grooves. I wish my club did that.

The course was in the best shape I have ever seen. Greens were quick and true. This is used as a qualifier for the Mayakoba and from what I understand, there was a playoff at 1 under.

Lots of tees to suit all levels of play and great condition. Now, if I could only get used to the bermuda rough! I would book a vacation around this course.

2  Thank AMorneau
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and his friend golfed here and loved it. The course was very clean and well made. The only downside was you had to pay for packs of golf balls, the cart, club rental, a glove, etc. So it was very $$ to golf18 holes.

1  Thank Tina P
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Interesting course. Very Beautiful. Did lose a few balls in jungle. Too scared to go too deep to find em. LOL