Me, my husband, 23 yr old daughter and 20 yr old son had a wonderful vacation at the Del Mar. The grounds are beautiful, the beach was great, our room was clean, and the food was good. All of the hotel staff were kind and courteous. We had no trouble getting reservations at 3 of the specialty restaurants. We ate at the Japanese restaurant and the Steakhouse. We went on an excursion and didn't get back in time for our third restaurant reservation. But the buffet was always good.
The pool is huge and clean and if you want a quiet place you can find one and if you want to be where the action is you can be there as well. Lyle took care of us at the one swim up bar. Nice guy. Never had any problem finding a lounge chair at the pool or the beach. The ocean water was pretty and not very many rocks. We ate paella on the beach our last day. Yum!
The "Iberostar Friends" were just great. The entertainment was a lot of fun. Everybody was friendly and helpful. Franklin keeps things lively.
Lots of wildlife around too. Coaties, peacocks, iguanas, frogs, pretty birds, and flamingos.
We went to Playa Del Carmen one evening via the resort shuttle. It was fun and interesting. Ate at a restaurant on the opposite corner from Burger King. Food was really good and the waiter was helpful and very nice.
We did the Tulum Extreme excursion. I am basically a chicken at heart but did the rapelling, ziplining, and snorkeling in the cenote. Joaquin was our guide and he was the best. Tulum is absolutely amazing. Just beautiful.
My daughter and I also did a dolphin excursion where we got to swim with the dolphins. It was so much fun. Again, I was a little afraid but was glad that I had the experience. The trainers were so helpful. I think it was called Dolphin Adventures in Puerto Adventuras.
I would go back to this resort in a New York minute. No complaints at all. Just a beautiful place. We had a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico