Stayed at Del Mar 4/3-4/10 with hubby, daughter 16 and son 12. Here's my breakdown.
Stayed at Iberostar Punta Cana last spring break and loved it so decided to try another one this year. Love Mexico -so here we are.
-Resort~grounds well maintained, large resort and the walking around was a great way to get some exercise especially after a meal. It really wasn't that bad. Rooms were clean although somedays took a while for the maid to come by. Shows are night were actually good (better than Punta Cana)-these folks are not Broadway stars but really try and did well)
-Service~no problems we encountered. Everyone always had a pleaseant "hola" when passing by. Restaurant staff were right there to fill your glasses. Front desk no problem and bartenders always pleasant and really hustle (even when a group of drunken obnoxious teens were shouting for service-but I'll get to that)
-Food~not 5 star but good. Reviewers with neg feedback really had to be fussy to not find anything they liked. Buffet mostly same with a few changes daily. Tried the Italian (fair but my grandmother was from Italy so I have very high standards), Steak house (good, I had a great filet mignon, no complaints from family), and Japanese (good as well and entertaining)
-Beach/Pool~very nice. ocean water was rough all week (can't help that) but beach is beautiful. Pool was huge -main area was crazy crowded but pool was large enough to find a quiet spot if you didn't want to be around that. 3 swim up bars-the 2 in the main area we had a hard time getting to because the drunken teens were 5 deep yelling how they love alcohol. You had to play the towel game everyday before 6:30 in both areas to get a seat~ridiculous! And reviews are correct when they say people leave towels then come back midday or not at all with chairs going unused. So inconsiderate!
-Now for the drunken teens~Several large groups were there with high school (not college) teens and their parents. Since 18 is the drinking age many of them were legal but clearly some were not and still got served. We also saw some coloring their white wrist bands with markers. So first time drinking legally at an all-inclusive where they can get as much as they want anytime. Guess how that went?? Within 1st 2 hours of check in I heard a mother screaming for security because her daughter was so drunk and when we got to our room (building #17) a party was going on below us with breaking bottles and enough f-bombs to make a sailor blush. Have parents really lost that much control?? One morning on the beach a group of parents were laughing about the "drama" from the disco the night before when several of their kids were so drunk an emergency room visit was necessary and they were now "beyond" hungover. The good thing was this was a great example to my kids on how not to act when they get older. I'm not a party pooper by any means but the behavior was just rude and disrespectful. Parents should be ashamed for losing control of the situation. Heard many comment from other guests about this too.
-Overall a good vacation but if we return it may be a different time of year than spring break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico