Paradise. I wanted sand and sun and found both all week long. I travelled alone and the property was perfect because I didn't have to leave for anything unless I wanted to. I enjoyed the shopping plaza and the beautifully landscaped grounds. I liked the opportunity to walk the grounds when the temps cooled or on the shaded paths when the temps were not so cool. I enjoyed four of the a la carte restaurants during my stay--the Japanese being my favorite. I enjoyed the buffets--my standards being if I didn't have to fix it, shop for it, serve it, etc.--it was glorious.
I booked several tours through the Apple rep on site. I would have appreciated knowing some of the small details like if I went horseback riding and needed a locker, I better bring an extra buck along. (I was told to bring money but I didn't have a dollar with me. Fortunately, another guest gave me one for my change.) Horseback riding in the ocean appeared to be risky given the picture I was shown in their book (woman on horse appeared to be alone in the middle of the ocean). No one rode alone into the ocean and the horses' feet never left the ground. We were well escorted at all times. A missed opportunity. A reason to return.
I got locked out of the safe in my room. A call to the front desk and security promptly came to the rescue. Thank you! (Written instructions in the room or on the safe would be helpful.)
I did venture into the spa, where I was ignored (my only negative experience while there). Three women were chatting at the front counter. They barely glanced in my direction. I was not greeted or spoken to while I was there. I looked at the price list posted at the front desk and left. I wouldn't bother with it. I work retail and we are trained to always greet the customer and offer assistance. Otherwise, I was greeted pleasantly with "Hola" by all staff whether trimming trees, pushing the laundry cart or answering the telephone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico