23 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$230
Hotels.com$193
Travelocity$193
6,210 results
All reviews del mar specialty restaurants star friends lobby bar the mediterranean restaurant rock cafe tacos buffet food other resorts crepes taco bar quiet area beautiful resort main buffet recommend this resort taco place hot dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first trip to an all inclusive so I wasn't sure what to expect. I will start with the bad part. We had requested adjoining rooms and that was not possible. We agreed that we would check in and move on the second day to get what we wanted. The bellboy took us to the room that was available and the lock did not work. He used his pass key to let us in and said he would send maintenance. We unpacked and waited and no one came. Called the front desk and still no one came, called again...and again. Finally they said, it would be three hours before someone could come. Unbelievable, but what could we do? We went to a late lunch, then spent time at the beach. Returned later and the lock still didn't work. Only now, we were tired and wet and couldn't get to our things. I walked to the lobby and was told someone would be there soon. We were able to get into our other room, but still didn't have our clothes. It eventually got worked out but it took much too long and the front desk didn't seem to care. It should not have taken that long to resolve a problem with the lock.

The resort was beautiful and the food was plentiful. We all had a different favorite restaurant so that says something. I didn't like the birds, cats and coaties in the buffet areas, but other people didn't seem to mind.

The star friends were amazing. They always had something going on and had a smile for everyone. The shows at night were entertaining but the theatre was very warm.

The rooms were very clean and we did not have a problem with air conditioning as I have seen in other reviews.

On checkout day, we had a problem with the bellboys. We called the day before to request help with our luggage and when the time came no one showed up. We called and confirmed and were told that someone was coming. He showed up 15 minutes late with a small golf cart for us and two other families. Our luggage was on wheels so we walked to the lobby. Not a big deal, but if they were understaffed, they should have said so.

The resort was beautiful, the workers were very friendly and the star friends were amazing. Unfortunately, our trip started and ended with some trouble providing what should be basic services.

5  Thank Mary082014
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear client,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us.

We regret to know that you experienced inconveniences with the door lock. We experienced an issue with the system in the whole of the resort, and worked diligently to fix it as soon as possible, but we totally understand your frustration for the delay, and we apologize for this inconvenience.

We will share your feedback with the Front Desk Manager to take it in consideration and work with the different departments to improve our response time.

Concerning the animals, we have taken some measures to avoid this at some restaurants by using a net around the perimeter of the restaurant and it has been working very well, however, we are attentive to make sure they stay away!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future and show you the excellent service we are capable of offering.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is our first stay in an Iberostar Hotel and our first visit to Mexico. We have been here a week and can honestly say this is one of the best hotels we have been too. The grounds, rooms, pools, staff and food are first class.

The animation team 'Star Friends' are great, the kids never get bored as there's always something going on.

We have another week here and could happily stay here for much longer.

Our only negative comment is that the parts of the sea/beach are slightly rocky.

Will definately be staying with Iberostar in the future.

Thankyou for a great holiday

The Simpsons

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Ray S

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your first time in Mexico.

We love to receive comments like yours since it is truly motivational for our Staff. We appreciate that you took the time to highlight the service provided by our entire staff, including our Animation team.

We will be looking forward to your next stay at IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar from June 19th-June 23rd (we moved to the Grand from the 23rd-26th). We traveled with a group of 36 people for our wedding on June 21st.

1. The wedding:

Planning the wedding with Iberostar was so simple. Luciana and her colleagues were wonderful. They were prompt in responding to e-mails and answered every question that I had. After arriving to the del Mar, I met with Luciana to go over the wedding details and also with the photographer. If you are planning on having a destination wedding, I suggest trying to meet with the coordinator/photographer as soon as you get there so that you can relax with family and friends after.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful. Luciana set up the beach with white linens and orange and yellow flowers. My bouquets and my bridesmaids' bouquets were gorgeous. After the ceremony, we had a champagne toast and cocktail hour with a Mariachi band.

After the cocktail hour, we went to the reception. We chose the open air restaurant by the beach "El Faro." It was decorated beautifully. We brought our own centerpieces and Luciana set them up for us. It was REALLY hot in the open air restaurant. That would be the only thing that I would change about the wedding if I could. Regardless, we still danced the night away. It was the PERFECT wedding and I would recommend a destination wedding at Iberostar to anyone.

2. Staff at Iberostar:

We met some wonderful staff at the del Mar.
*Marco drove the golf cart and took us wherever we needed. We had my grandmother with us, and when she didn't feel like walking he was available to pick her up. He was very funny and friendly.
*Jorge at the Cantina Bar in the shopping center was a lot of fun and he made delicious drinks.
*Ruben was one of the servers at our reception and was also our server for our Romantic Dinner on the beach. His kind nature and attentiveness was among the best at the resort. He was excellent.

3. Photography: Our photos turned out great! Rodrigo was our photographer and he did a wonderful job capturing our memories and was also very nice and made sure to remind me to keep smiling. Daniel was another photographer for Adventure photos and we did not work with him directly but he was always in the office when we stopped by.

4. Overall, we had an amazing wedding and vacation and our family and friends did too. The wedding process was low-stress and everything worked out. The staff at Iberostar know what they are doing and they did everything very well.

Room tip: We stayed in 1005-ocean front and it was BEAUTIFUL!
2  Thank Lauren S

Dear guests,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for this very special event.

We are more than glad to read your comments and that you took the time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor. It is a true pleasure to know that everything was wonderful during your stay and this special event was perfect and unforgettable.

We thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of these single employees, their service and commitment to deliver exceptional service to our clients.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future and enjoy again our paradisiacal facilities.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

So here we go. First the bad. I consider myself a very fair and objective reviewer because I owe it to all of you and I will do the same with this review. We arrived last Thursday at noon. We traveled with 6 adults and 2 children, in 3 rooms. Our rooms weren't ready and I didn't expect them to be. We were told they would be ready at 1:30 so the kids went to the pool and we hung out in the lobby. At 1:30 we were told 1 room was ready and we could keep all our luggage there, the other rooms would be ready at 3. So far, so good. At 3:30 we were told the other 2 rooms were ready so we began switching lugage, etc. One problem. NONE of the room keys worked. We called the desk and were told someone would be right down. Seems many rooms in the same building had the same issue. (building 15) We left 3 people at the rooms and the rest went to the pool. At 5 PM it still wasn't fixed so I went to the lobby and to the concierge. They apologized profusely and said they were working on it. By 10PM we had access to 2 of the rooms so after traveling since 4AM everyone went to sleep. Friday, same issue and now I was frustrated but tried to keep a vacation demeanor. I went back to the concierge and met Alexia. She completely understood our frustration and promised to do everything she could. Now there were some other issues with the rooms. My room, no keys worked, the phone didn't work, 1 bed was broken, the mini refrigerator didn't work and the thermostat couldn't be controlled. Room 2 has a broken shower and no phone. Romm 3 a broken bed. We explained all our issues once again. Maintenance came back and changed out (programmed) the locks. They worked for 4 hours and then went down again. Now it's Saturday morning and I feel like we already lost a day waiting for keys to be fixed and to have the rest of the issues looked at. Soooooo, I went back to see Alexia and asked to be moved. Saturday at 10AM is check out time so I was told we would be moved by 2. We were moved to building 11, and had no further issues

. Now the good. This was my 10th trip to Mexico and I must say this was the nicest hotel as far as grounds that we stayed at. It was immaculate. An army of people clean everything that doesn't move and some things that do. The public bathrooms were spotless all day every day. The food was extremely good at every ala carte restauraunt and all the buffets. The staff was extremely accomodating in every way and couldn't do enough for us. The fitness center was more tna adequate. The shopping mall had crepe and gelato, and hamburgers that were part of the all inclusive package. The spa was amazing. (ask for Lucia, she was tiny but had the hands of an iron worker and did a great job). The shuttles ran plenty oftn enough. The resort is very spread out but if you like walking like I do, go for it.

Now the exremely good. I can't say enough about the assistance we got from Alexia in the concierge's office. She did a great job and helped save our vacation. And Gabriele should be promoted to Director of Entertainment immediately. He is tireless, funny, accomodating and extremely patient.

All in all, a great vacation at a great place and I would go back for sure. Thank you Gabriele and Alexia!!!

Room tip: Building 14 and 15 are close to everything you'll need. The lobby is a hike (10 minutes)
7  Thank Robbyremi19605

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacation in Mexico.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us since it provides important information regarding our services and facilities.

We apologize for the inconveniences experienced with your keys, this was a general issue due to a system failure which had all our team working endlessly to fix it as soon as possible. We understand your frustration completely and hope we do not have reoccurrence.

We are pleased to know that even with this situation our Staff was able to offer you a good service and they managed to give you solution. We thank you for the recognition for Alexia and Gabriela and their commitment to deliver wonderful experiences to our clients.

We sincerely hope to have the chance once again to welcome you and pamper you in our paradisiacal destination.

Truly yours,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was my family and I fifth visit to the del mar since 2011. We absolutely love this place and I would recommend this resort to any potential traveler.

For this trip we stayed one week, beginning June 19 and returning yesterday. We flew air tran airways which was a direct flight that landed us in Cancun at 9:15 am. We booked the trip through apple vacations, which I highly recommend. Upon arrival we went through customs in under 10 minutes and were transferred via coach bus to the del mar before 11am, which was wonderful.

Check In: Check in was very easy. These are very friendly people. I emailed the front desk ahead of time and they met all of my requests. We were traveling with other family and wanted rooms in the same building on the same floor. We were greeted with a welcome drink and were able to take care of our dinner reservations and return flight time quickly. Only one small issue, at the time of arrival their system went down and therefore our room keys didn't work until about 5:30 that day. It wasn't a big deal though. The bell boys took us and our luggage to our room and anytime we needed in before the system was fixed there were people near our room to let us in. Again, this was a technology issue, which was restored as fast as they could and only affected people checking in that day. We were happy to see bell boys: Alberto, Raul and Marcos who we knew from previous visits. They do a great job.

Rooms: Rooms were what we expected. They are very clean and we love the Mexican theme each room has. Our maid, Benita did a wonderful job cleaning our room and making sure we had plenty of water, which we requested everyday. She also left great towel art and made sure to do something special each day such as putting flowers in our bathroom.

Beach and Pool: As always, wonderful! The beach is absolutely beautiful here with very little rocks, which is a great perk because that is not that case at other resorts. The pool is always clean, we see workers cleaning day and night!

Staff: Absolutely tremendous! The star friends are always great. We saw familiar faces such as Gabriel, Rigo and Cesar. All of our waiters and bartenders were very friendly as well! Demetrio and Jorge are very friendly bartenders who we knew from previous visits and they do very well. These people work so hard, night and day but always with a smile on their face!

Food: Food is always good. There is always something to eat for everyone. We ate at the ala cart Japanese, Steak House and Brazilian restaurants. These are all fantastic!

Entertainment: We had already seen some of the shows, but we got to see a new show this time and noticed some of the changes made to the ones we already saw. All of the shows are great. In addition Iberostar does a great job providing daily entertainment such as pool games, bocce, darts, dance lessons and much more. You can get as involved as you want, but there is always something to do. I even got to scuba dive in the pool this year for free which was a neat experience.

Perks: Because we booked through apple vacation we got to have a beach dinner on Friday night, which was beautiful! All you do is ask your concierge to book it for you! Being a repeat guests we were given welcome back t-shirts as well as an iberostar golf umbrella which was a nice gesture that we greatly appreciated.

We were able to go into town, watch the mexico world cup futbol game, drink from a coconut and overall have a great vacation at the del mar. We are always sad leaving, but we always know we will be back, as this is the best resort around and our home away from home!

Room tip: We have stayed in buildings 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18. We liked buildings 13-15 because they are closer to the beach and pools which is where we spend most of our days.
7  Thank paridise2011
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear guests,

We are more than glad to know that your recent stay was wonderful and you enjoyed the complete stay. It is a pleasure that our service, Staff, facilities and everything at the Resort was just perfect.

We thank you for the remarks on the service provided by all these single employees and their commitment to offer unforgettable experiences to our guests. We will share your review with the management to make sure they know about their service.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity once again to pamper you and make sure you experience another great stay.

Truly yours,