“Excellent time”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We just spent a sun filled week at Paraiso Del Mar and had a fantastic time. We stayed from Feb. 2. - Feb. 9 and stayed in the 2000 building. Rooms were very nice, always clean and the grounds were pretty much impeccable. Weather couldn't have been better 7 days of solid sun, we ate at 3 specialty restaurants and thought they were pretty good, the buffet wasn't bad, decent selection, breakfast by the seventh day was getting repetitive so we ate at the Crepes place in the shopping center, recommend that highly for something different, we didn't make it to the Taco place but was told it was pretty good. The Star Crew made the trip, they were fantastic around the activity pool and at the shows at night they always made you feel welcome with a hand shake, extremely cordial group of people and I understand why they have the job that they do, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Drinks were great, Lionel at the Beach Bar was awesome, he never forgets a name. The place is huge so get ready to do some walking, our room was closer to the lobby but about a 15 minute walk to the pool, scenery was great so it wasn't so bad, beach was beautiful, very well kept. I would recommend it highly, Saludos to the Star Crew, YeYa, Raul, Ernesto, Dario and all the others, great time and thanks for everything.......

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonFrancisco
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear DonFrancisco,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso del Mar for your recent vacation.

We are more than glad to know that your recent experience was great and that you took the time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor. It is fantastic to know that this special occasion was great and you enjoyed your vacation without any inconvenience.

It is good to know that you enjoyed the food, grounds, beach, activities and the great service from our Staff. The Chef is aware of your feedback regarding the food being repetitive; it will be taken in consideration for our service.

We would like to thank you in special for your recognition to all this single employees that make our hotel stand out and that at the end are the ones that would make you choose us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Jan. 25-Feb.1. My 6th or 7th stay there. Lost count. This place has everything I need or want. What I like best; the openness. There's only a few places that are enclosed. I always feel like I'm outside. Lots of peaceful walking which means I can eat more! Had problems with the TV and air conditioner this trip. They were very helpful. The best price. A lot of new staff. I especially enjoyed meeting Raul - activity and entertainment. He became a friend away from home. Thank you Raul. Thank you Del Mar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darlene Y

Dear Darlene Y,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are happy that you have shared your nice comments with us and thankful for your highlight of our services, facilities, grounds and the service provided by our Staff. This is important to us since it provides us with a great tool for our improvement.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the next future and enjoy our fantastic environment.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I went here with my husband and another couple. And I have to say after going on cruises and other all inclusive's this has so far been my favorite.

First of all this place is huge and be ready to walk! They do have shuttles going about the resort but we never used them because there was so much to see taking the walks were always fun for us(even if we got lost). There was so much wild life and activities that just wondering around you might find something that you didn't know was there the day before. And speaking of actives there was always something going on here .. with daily sporting games, shows, activity pool, clubs, bands in the main lobby ect. there was never a time to say "I'm bored", while at the same time lots of quite areas to just relax, even a quite pool with its own bar for those like us who kind didn't need to be around all the craziness all the time.

Food: As the buffets go they were edible, we mostly only went to the breakfast buffet and once either went to the beach grill or the taco stand in the shopping center ( and I have to say those taco's were some of the best we have had and its was always packed). The dinners we stayed 7 nights so we were guaranteed 3 reservations so we did those and we found out if you go to the reservation desk after 3 you can see if you can go to a specialty restaurant if they still have openings. I HIGHLY recommend this as this is where the good food is, the steak house, Brazilian, and Japaneses were our favorites.

Drinks : So as to be expected the drinks are sugary and tend to be a little watered down - this does not stop people from getting way to drunk, I saw alot of people having to get carried to their rooms and falling around. they may be a little weak but they make sure a drink is in your hand at all times.

Rooms: The room was great, we did have one issue - the lock on our balcony broke and locked us on the balcony until we could wave some one down to let us back in our room lol. But once we did get into the room that issue was fixed. But the rooms were nice and big and clean. I have stayed at other places and they have had a musty mold smell to them, But not these rooms their was no odor to them at all. The mini bar was only supposed to be stocked every other day ours was stocked ever day. They only thing i would have liked is if there was a Jacuzzi tub in the but room but I was happy and comfortable in there so were were happy. You don't here out side noise so if you wanna call it an early night your not going to be up with late night parties.

Tipping: tips go along way - it was never expected here, but we tip anyway especially our bar tender at the quite pool who was always making us crazy shots just because he felt like making them and had our drinks ready if he saw us coming.

All in all we really loved this place really just had a great time. I am currently looking to book our second trip here in august and my husband and I can not wait to return.

Room Tip: We had a room right in the middle of the pool and main lobby - great for us as were not beach people...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jillyn25
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Jillyn25,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. It is important for us your highlight of the services and grounds we have to offer and also the food at the specialty restaurants you had the chance to visit.

These are the comments we love to read from our guests since they keep us motivated to keep offering the most amazing experiences and unforgettable memories.

We are thrilled you are already thinking in returning to Iberostar for your vacations!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent the week before Christmas with our whole family, 6 adult and 2 children ages 2 and 5, at this resort and it was paradise. There was so much to do for all ages and the grounds are immaculate. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the boys loved the children's waterpark. The food was good and pools fantastic. This was our second trip and it will not be our last!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank upstategirl1949

Dear upstategirl1949,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is great to know you had an amazing time with us and that you highlighted our services, grounds and the unbreakable will of our Staff to offer a great service to our guests.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and so that you can enjoy again an amazing stay.

Cordially,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was my third visit to the Riviera Maya. Each time I've stayed at an all inclusive and I've stayed at many all inclusives throughout the Caribbean. I would have to say that this is one of my least favorite resorts and average at best. The positives are the location is great, you are relatively close to pretty much any excursion you wish to do. the specialty restaurants were very good, especially the steak house where my husband and I had one of the best steaks we've every had. (not to be confused with the buffets which are really really terrible). The beach was beautiful with plenty of chairs in the shade and in the sun, and the resort appeared clean and well kept. The negatives, the buffet food was the worst I have ever had. I know that the buffet food isn't usually great at these resorts but at this resort it was gross. Most of it was cold and old and questionable to even eat. I could usually find something palatable for breakfast, and lunch was ok because you could grab a burger at the beach but the dinner buffet was horrendous. You can only get reservations at the specialty restaurants 3 nights, but if you call at 4 PM you can usually get in somewhere which is what we did after suffering through the buffet dinner 2 times. The rooms were very plain, nothing special (I know you don't spend much time in your room but I still like how it feels to have something on a little grander scale to make you feel like you're somewhere special). They were a bit outdated, beds were hard, air conditioning was not very cold. They did keep the fridge stocked with water, soda, and beer which was nice. The pool was big and nice, but the chairs are pretty much all in the shade so you really can't lay out by the pool. We enjoyed going there for a bit in the afternoon, and one afternoon we took part in their pool party which was a blast. The lines to the beach bar are ridiculous so bring a 32 oz Bubba Keg and make less trips! My frozen drinks stayed frozen in it for hours it was well worth it. We got a great deal for this resort and keeping in mind you usually get what you pay for, we weren't disappointed and had a great time. The Riviera Maya is a beautiful place with so much to do. I love that you can do as little or as much as you want there and have a wonderful time. Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere between the beach and the lobby for optimum walking distances. Do not choose...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 919jaimep

Dear Jaime P,

On behalf of the management and the Staff of Iberostar Paraiso del Mar we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We appreciate you took the time to share your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay. It is important for us and our Staff since it provides us information for our improvement and motivation of our personnel.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We have shared your comments with our department managers to review your points with their teams so that no other guests will leave dissatisfied. The Head Chef and his Staff are already aware of the comments regarding the specialty restaurants and the food; they will take them into consideration for our service and improvement.

We sincerely hope to have the chance once again to host you at our Iberostar and demonstrate the service Iberostar is proud to deliver to our clients.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Nice hotel, the room was always clean and great staff and very helpful. The kids enjoyed the kids club every day, they had fun being with the other kids and they did different activities every day. I enjoyed zumba with Ed and I did not miss a day....we will go back...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Camelia B

Dear Camelia B,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations.

We truly appreciate your amazing comments from your recent vacation at our Iberostar Paraiso del Mar. It is our pleasure to know that our facilities, services and our Staff were able to offer you an unforgettable vacation.

We are happy to know that you would return to our Hotel, if this is the case, we would be looking forward to your next visit to Riviera Maya!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar from January 24-31, celebrating our 25th anniversary. We've just gotten home (to nearly 3 feet of SNOW), unpacked and been to the grocery store. We needed to let you know that we had the time of our LIFE! Could not have imagined how fabulous every bit of our vacation turned out to be! Beautiful setting, phenomenal beach, exquisite service, wonderful weather, great food and SOOO much more. We had the extreme pleasure of staying in an oceanside room which was as close to paradise as we have ever been! We look forward to a return trip to the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar in the near future. The only thing we will change is to stay a few more days! We are hoping we may be fortunate enough to stay in the oceanside building once more. To us, it was the best of the resorts in the complex and we can't say enough how very much we enjoyed it! I would like to especially recognize the care and kindness from Luz in Reception, Anny in Public Relations and most especially Norma who took care of our room. Virtually all of your team should be recognized for their exquisite service and these three definitely went 'above and beyond' to create lifetime memories for us!

We enjoy walking very much and walked the entire beach multiple times each day. We also walked extensively the grounds of the resort and loved all that we saw! Came home with many pictures to capture the memories and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Oceanside rooms are worth every penny!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Anne W
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Anne W,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso del Mar for your vacations.

It is a pleasure for us to read you amazing comments since they provide us an important motivational tool for out Staff. We are truly glad to know that everything was incredible during your stay and most importantly, that you received an outstanding service from Luz, Anny & Norma.

Your review will be forwarded to all our Staff and management (especially the staff mentioned) to make sure everyone keeps offering the same amazing service that made your stay so fantastic!

We sincerely hope to have the chance again to welcome you at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#72 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!