I went with my 19 yr old daughter. The service was very good, minor exeptions. Even though we called the night before our departure for a bellboy as directed by the resort, he never showed up, so we had to lug our luggage. Not really a big deal, didn't want to be late and enjoyed the last few minutes of sunshine. The room was nice, beds weren't the best (very firm) but I've travelled to resorts alot and all the beds are the same. The cleaning staff was great everyday.
The locations was good, as I've stated, I've travelled there alot and some resorts are a far drive about 2 hours for some. This time I made sure to book a hotel closer to Cancun airport and the drive was only half hour which also made the excursion closer.
We went to Xel-Ha and it was a fabulous day, it was a good price $100 for the park and if you wanted to interact with the dolphins for 1 hour that was and extra $70 but very well worth it. The park was full of fun activities like zip lining, rope climbing, cliff jumping circuits (kind of like the on the show Survivor, challenges. Many places to rest and good food. The water was warm.
We also went to Coba included: 4 ziplines, then short drive to 2nd place, repelling and swimming in a natural cenote (deep sink hole), then another short drive to the ruins. That was neat to see because it's been added as one of the seven wonders, but not to interesting if your not into that.
The resort was very well layed out and easy to find your way around (others I've been at were very confusing. The buffet was good, but not as big of variety as other resorts, still very good food. You never go hungry because something is always open, snack bars.
There were alot of different pools, kids, adult only quiet pools and the main pool that included activities like, dance lessons, aqua excersise.
The weather, well no one can control, I looked at the forecast before I left and it said rain for the whole week which was a bummer. But pleasant sureprise, it rained the day we got there which was late anyway and beautiful hot sunny skies the rest of our stay. So don't believe the weather forecasts (they are usually wrong where I live too).
The beach was very windy but water was warm and there were peddlers (people bothering you, trying to sell you stuff). So we mainly stayed at the pools (no wind).
Bars were good service, staff was great, drinks were good. This is the good place for family (lots for kids) and adults.1st time I've been that I'd return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico