Let me first say that my husband and I travel to this area 1-2 times a year for the last 12 years and we simply LOVE being there. This hotels beaches are some of the best that we have been on, there were always enough chairs and lots of opportunities for shade. The food was good, and always an ample selection for even picky eaters. To the other reviewers that have mentioned the food as being "just passable" or "poor", it may stand to mention that the hotel is feeding upwards of 2000 people at meal time and I would not expect to have 5 star food at an all inclusive. If you want up scale dining go to a boutique resort. The taco eatery in the Plaza is WONDERFUL!
BUT,, there were a few things that honestly let us shaking our heads at the management. First off the check in was horrible, it took nearly an hour for the sole desk clerk to check in the long line of travelers that arrived at roughly the same time. We had sent a prior request to the hotel asking for ocean view and a queen sized bed, once we arrived that request was not found, nor could they accommodate us. We were asked to please check back in 2-3 days. The ocean view would have been nice, but honestly if a married couple is traveling together isn't it assumed they would like to sleep in the same bed and shouldn't there be more rooms with 1 queen bed then 2 twins? After 2 days we did go back up to the reception desk and again were told that there were no rooms with a single bed, so we had to stay on 2 twins the entire week, it was not ideal. One of the pools is a quiet pool but that is NOT enforced so dont expect any good reading time or a nap around a pretty pool with out lots of children screaming and slasing. Also the WIFI has to be paid for, and was not working most of the time we were there. It seems to us that some of the best advertisements a hotel could get would be people posting to facebook or other social media on what a great time they were having- with no WIFI available that is impossible. Besides from what I have mentioned and the fact that one of the pools was closed or 5 of the 7 days we were there for repairs it was a nice vacation and if the discount through Apple vacations was a good value I would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico