Just returned from another fabulous week (despite two solid days of rain....not Iberostars fault!)
at the Del Mar. This was my third visit to the property - this trip was with 11 girlfriends just for fun. I will just hit the highlights, as I know that reviews get repetitive:
The Mediterranian Restaurant was FABULOUS! We had steak and lobster and it was cooked to perfection. We also visited the Italian (eh), the Mexican (good) and the Japaneese (all the same food no matter where you are!). Yes, the buffets get repetitive, but if you can't find something that you like, then you need to move to the Four Seasons! The BEST kept secret in the entire resort is that the food at the shopping plaza is INCLUDED! The absolute best taco shop (open for lunch), best burger joint (opens at 7 PM), great ice cream/crepe shop, and new since my last visit - full service top shelf bar! The do serve beer at both the taco and burger place also.
Yes, it is a large complex. We love the walk, the property is beautiful! If you don't want to (or can't) walk, the trollies run pretty frequently. Be patient - they'll be by!
Junior suites are housed in Bldgs 10 (beachfront) and 11. If you end up in 11, I highly recommend the third floor just because you can see thorugh some of the foilage. It is a bit jungle like on that end.
Shows....eh...not why we go. I prefer to skip them. Entertainment staff does work very hard and there are lots of things to keep you busy during the day if you so choose...or not!
Bartenders are slammed all of the time, so again, be patient and a dollar goes a long way. If the wait is too long at the pool, there are 5 bars within about a two minute walk! What you will get depends on who makes it, so just know to be specific if you want your "foofey" drink a certain way.
Book it. For the value - you can't beat this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico