Our family of six (Mom, Dad, 14, 18, 20, 22-year olds) just returned from a five night stay at Iberostar Paraiso Beach.
At check in, we were told we had been booked into two two-double bed rooms. We asked if there were any king bed rooms available with a double nearby for the kids. The desk agent was able to find us two rooms on the del Mar side of the resort as a free upgrade.
The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. My wife and I especially liked our walk-in marble shower. Housekeeping left a cool towel sculpture each day and refilled our mini-bar with our requested beverages each day. We left a $2 usd tip each day in return.
Despite having two separate resorts side-by-side, we did not notice any difference other than having two separate lobbies. All restaurants, bars, pools, and activities were open to guests from either resort. We did prefer the buffet on the del Mar side as the service there seemed to be a bit more upscale. (Our daughters enjoyed having the waiters pull their chairs out for them.)
Specialty restaurants fill up fast, so make your reservations as soon as you arrive. We ate at the Steak House specialty only, and actually preferred the selection and service at the del Mar buffet.
Due to weather issues, the beach was red-flagged while we were there. However, coming from Maine, we were used to a colder water temp with some surf and enjoyed the beach anyway. The sand was beautiful and the water was warm, even if the locals said it was too cold to swim. (Maine water temp is lucky to be in the 60s in August !)
We had some morning rain showers on several days which created some issues for us. All of the lobby floors, walkways around the restaurants, and housing hallways are polished marble. Very beautiful, but also EXTREMELY slippery when wet. Use caution when returning to your room with wet feet from swimming or after a rain. The staff comes out in droves with squeegees after a rain, which helps, but you still need to be aware and take it slow.
The "Star Friends" activity staff was very pleasant and helpful. A daily schedule of activities was posted for the week offering a good variety of activities for all ages. Shows in the evening ranged from disappointing (Vegas) to spectacular (Sebastian the Magician). Arrive early (8:30 ish) to get a good table and play cards, have a drink, etc. until the pre-show starts around 9:00.
Very satisfied overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico