Stayed 2 weeks from July 6 - 20. We are a family of 4 kids age 6 and 7.
The positives: The entertainment staff was the best ever ! I have been to many AI and they were the best entertainment staff we have ever encountered. Ismael, Monze, Lester and the main announcer from Dominica Republic worked so hard to keep all the guests entertained and happy. Without the Star Friends I would have given this hotel 1 star. Lilly in the kids club was excellent also. She really cares about the well-being of your kids. My kids adored her ! We picked this hotel because of all the activities that they had to offer and they definitely kept us busy all day and night! We never had a dull moment ! We played Bocce ball, volleyball, soccer, water polo, zumba , yoga , archery and even fired guns ! The beach is beautiful and we always found empty chairs to relax !
The negatives: We all had stomach issues ! My son didnt want to eat for 2 weeks and he basically only ate bread and butter. I woke up every morning with diarrhea ! I have been to Mexico so many times and this is a first for me to get sick basically every time I ate ! Sorry to be so graphic but it was IN AND OUT for me ! We asked the concierge how do we get to Playa Del Carmen from the hotel and her reply was " I don't know !" We then asked her for a map and she said they dont have any maps ! So not sure what the concierge are they for but they dont know how to get to the town that is only 15 minutes down the road. We had to get up everyday at 630 am in order to get a spot at the pool ! We then had our towels stolen almost everyday and they wont give you any new towels at the pool you have to go to the lobby and sign a sheet saying why you need new towels. The lobby is very far away and it is very annoying to have to walk so far in a wet bathing suit . I guess they charge $10 for every lost towel but luckily they never charged us. Had very bad service in the Mediterranean and Brazilian ala carte resturants. I dont understand why we had to wait so long for our food to arrive and I noticed other guests that got there about 20 minutes after we did getting their food before us and even finishing their food while we were still waiting for our food . I talked to another guest and they had the same complaints in the Ala carte resturants. I was really disappointed with the service we recieved we were really treated badly in these two resturants ! I thought maybe because we are Americans and we saw the Europeans getting better treatment. Hate to say it but I really think this hotel caters to Europeans and they really treat people with color differently ! I really started to think that this hotel is prejuidice againist people with color. We went to Playa Del Carmen and had the best service ever so it isnt Mexico its this hotel. Almost forgot to mention that our shower had mold on every side and I had to clean it myself and it came off very easily which makes you question the cleanliness of your room.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel and won't be returning. It's sad that the Star Friends work so hard to keep everyone happy but just a lot of little annoying things that make this resort a 3 star. To be sick from the food just makes your vacation unenjoyable also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico