“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
PA
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I went for our 20th Anniversary last week.(First week of May) This resort is beautiful! Its one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We loved the pool, the beach, the staff etc.I would give 5 stars but had 2 minor disappointments.

1. The food- while not bad at all not great either. We stayed here back in 2006 and I do think the food was better on our first visit. I always found something to eat just thought it could be better. I would not let this stop you unless food is your number one priority. Its not ours.

2. Since we were repeat guests and celebrating a special occasion I thought the hotel may do something special but got nothing at all. I requested a pool view and got the worst view. I did call upon check-in to change rooms. They gladly moved us to an Ocean view. While we did have to pay an upgraded fee they told us it was reduced since we were repeat guests. So glad we moved rooms - was sooo worth it!!

I would go back to this resort. The Staff was so friendly. We really loved everything - just hope the food gets a little better next time.

Let me know if you have any questions. I do think you have to research before going. I think thats why people complain - not need here- they do a great job.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Repeat Guests,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Iberostar Paraiso del Mar again for your vacations.

We are glad to know that you chose us for this special occasion and that most of your stay was pleasant. Your comments are truly important to us and we will take them into consideration to guarantee great service and facilities.

We have already forwarded your comments to the Chef and his Staff and to the Guest service Manager. The chef will review the menus at the main buffets and also at the a la carte restaurants and our Guest Service Manager will review why you were not on our repeated guest list.

We look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we would be more than glad to assist you in any request you may have.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (843)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cookie014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't say enought great things about this facility. This is the second time we've been to this location, and our third visit to an Iberostar Hotel. Not only is the place beautiful, the food was great, the staff were the nicest, friendliest people on earth. They c/n do enough for you. The pool, beach, shops, ect. gave you a variety of things to do. I would definately recommend this to anyone thinking of visiting the Riveria Maya area.

Not to mention, we attended the most magical wedding on the beach....words can't describe the experience....

Room Tip: We stayed down closer to the beach/pool area. I would recommend that area, since you don't have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your third time!

We appreciate you took the time to share your feedback since it provides us with valuable information on our services from a client’s point of view! In this case we are truly glad to know that your experience was amazing and more than expected. The Staff will be proud and honored to read your positive comments since their best reward is the recognition to their dedication and hard work.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, if this is the case please do not hesitate to contact the Public Relations office, they will be looking forward to assist you prior to your arrival!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Granted, my wife and I had not been on a "real" vacation since our honeymoon in 1993, we love the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar so much, we returned 2010, 2011... and can't wait to go back now w/ our two year old. Great pools, beach, restaurants, nightlife and though on our first two trips we were adults only, there are plenty of kid friendly activities too w/ the STAR FRIENDS. Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: The resort is very well laid out, but if you prefer being closer to the beach, or the restaurants, y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management team we would like to thank you for choosing our Iberostar Paraiso del Mar once again!

It is wonderful to know that you have visited us many times during several years and you have always experienced great vacations and a relaxing time. The Staff will be glad and honored to know that they were able to provide excellent service once again; we will share your comments with them for sure!

We look forward to your return; please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we would be more than glad to assist you with any request you may have.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our fifth trip to an Iberostar property. Four times to the Quetzal/Tucan in Playa del Carmen and this was our first time at the Parisio del Mar. We had a few little hiccups along the way, but, it was still a great vacation.

Staff: I want to start here because this is what makes Iberostar the BEST. I can’t believe how kind and friendly EVERYONE is. I mean, even the guy working on the grounds near a pathway has a friendly “Hola” for every guest that walks by. The wait staff, bartenders, housekeeping staff are all friendly and helpful. A very special thanks to Luz who took care of our room. She did and incredible job and took care of our every need. Anything we asked for she provided. Great Job Luz!! By far the best of the best is the Star Friends (Also referred to as the Animation Team). We met the head guy, Edu, a couple of years ago at the Tucan/Quetzal. It was great to see him again and he continues to do a great job. His team was BY FAR the best team we have EVER experienced in Mexico, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Ceasarrrrrrrrr, Benito (No more blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah), Mouserrat (I hope I spelled that close to right), Christian all were awesome. There were four or five others that were equally great…I’m just bad at remembering names. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for making our vacation so much fun. It’s funny, now that I say that. Every time I mentioned to them how much I appreciated their hard work their response would be something like “Of course, this is YOUR vacation”…like, they truly felt I deserved nothing less. How many times have I been at other vacation spots where the staff has seemed put off by their customers? This attitude by the Star Friends and the entire staff is why I will sing their praises to anyone who will listen.

Check-in: I had emailed in advance and received a response advising that they would accommodate us depending on availability. I asked for a room closer to the beach, above the ground level and with our friends in a room nearby. We arrived to be put on the bottom floor of the building nearest the lobby. Akxel at the front desk was awesome though and, after attempting to up sale us into better rooms, he got us down where we wanted to be and on the top floor. The only hitch being we had to stay in the original rooms the first night. We were there for 11 days so it wasn’t so bad.

Rooms: I think they were great. Very clean. There are King rooms with a walk in shower or 2 Queens in a room with a tub and shower. We had a King room. They probably should do something about the shower floors as they were a little slick. Our normal experience has been that the beds are hard in Mexico. These didn’t seem nearly as bad as other places we have stayed. Still, they are a little firmer than a lot of US hotels.

Grounds: BEAutiful. Well maintained, with wildlife everywhere. This property is huge. How they manage to stay up on all the maintenance is beyond me…but they do. Again, the property is huge, so be prepared to walk…a lot. If you go to the outer edges of the property they have golf cart/shuttles that will take you up to the lobby or down to the beach if you need. We used them a lot and never had to wait for very long (under 10 minutes) to get picked up.

Facilities: Very large, beautiful and well maintained pools. The beach was beautiful with some rocky areas for the snorkelers and some sandy areas for the swimmers. We never had a problem getting chairs and shade. There are several large pads around the activity pools with thatched roofs. These were gobbled up by 7 a.m. everyday. I was usually down watching the sunset at 6. I would listen to the waves and wildlife while I sat by the pool. Light music started around 8 and by 10 the activities were in full swing. The beach has an air rifle range, an archery range, volleyball and soccer areas. There are single sale Catamarans for you sailors (was too windy to take them out most of the time we were there), and there were also windsurfers available. The entertainment venue was large and you could see the stage from anywhere. It can get a little hot in there even though it is open air. There just isn’t a lot of air moving around since it is in the middle of the two resorts (Parisio del Mar and Parisio Beach). I have only touched on a very few of the facilities here. Suffice it to say that if you are bored here…that’s your fault.

Food: Excellent. The buffet for breakfast was good no matter where you go. The buffet for lunch was good too, but, I preferred the grill on the beach, eating hamburgers or hot dogs most days. The dinner buffet was pretty good at all times, and sometimes, it was outstanding. Keep in mind, it’s a buffet…by its very nature the food can sit a little while before you get to it. I preferred to walk up to one of the many stations where the food was still being cooked and get the freshest food I could find. That seemed to make a big difference. The sit down restaurants as I call them (ala cart) ranged from decent to great. We were there 11 nights so we were supposed to give us 4 seatings. They gave us an extra one the first day. So we ended up at the French (good), Mexican (Outstanding), Mediterranean (excellent), Japanese (good) and Brazilian (Outstanding). Two notes on these restaurants: 1st the Brazilian. They serve you your appetizer and vegetables first, then bring spits of meat that they carve off at your table. They started with pork and chicken, then a couple different types of sausage, a steak of some type, and eventually a filet mignon. It was all good, but the filet mignon was FABULOUS!!! I just didn’t have enough room to wolf down as much of that meat as I would have liked. That was the most tender, flavorful piece of meat I have EVER eaten. Period. Lastly, room service food was just OK…but at least it was available all day…. Hint: Avoid the pizza.

I haven’t touched the tip of the iceberg here. I highly recommend this resort to anyone. I would be happy to answer any questions for you through trip advisor.

Thanks Again Iberostar for an incredible vacation.

Room Tip: We prefer a building closer to the beach (we were in 12) and we also ask for a room facing away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BoiseBill
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Repeat Clients,

On behalf the Management team we will like to thank you for your recent stay at our Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, and thank you so much for your loyalty to Iberostar!!

We appreciate the time you took to share with us and many readers your amazing experience and all these positive comments. As you pointed out our resort is huge and it takes lots of work and wonderful staff to keep it running every day. We would like to thank you for your recognition to all this single employees that make our hotel stand out and in many cases their warm and polite attitude make many guests repeat year after year.

We have sent a copy of your comments to the management team and the staff; they would be honored to read how their work contributed to making your holiday experience with us unforgettable.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our resort sometime in the near future, if this is the case do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we would be thrilled to assist you before your check in.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The infrastructure was superb and well maintained. Marble/tile throughout the lobby and main buildings, which were completely open to the outdoors; very inviting. The room (we stayed in 1145) was excellent. The service at the resort was excellent; everything from room service to a fully stocked mini fridge in the room (that was replenished daily). We chose to golf here as well; it was probably on par with other courses for cost and was well maintained. Clubs rented were a tad older, but i didn't upgrade to the 'premium' clubs. Really the ONLY thing that wasn't great was the food (buffet). The buffet food was OK, but nothing to write home about. You get 3 nights at their different restraunts; I would take advantage of these. The steakhouse was excellent. Overall it is an excellent resort and would recommend to friends/family. This is more of a family resort; if you don't want kids (which i didn't really think about beforehand), I would recommend the sister resort next door (adult only). I would have probably done this if i had thought about it beforehand (hindsight is always 20/20). Also bring $60-100 USD (or Euros) in $1's for tips. They are very appreciative and you do get better service if you tip (my opinion). It can be difficult to get change for tips once there.

Room Tip: We booked a standard and 'upgraded' to a jr suite. It was a little bigger with a better TV...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management team we would like to thank you for your recent stay at our Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

It is truly important for us to know that your stay was great and that you had an amazing experience with us. We have already forwarded your comments to the Staff and the people in charge of every department, be sure that they would be honored to know that their hard work was so well appreciated.

The Chef and his staff are already aware of your comments regarding the food at the buffets, they are already working on it to make some changes in the buffet area giving our guest a wider selection of foods.

We are happy you used our Playa Paraiso Golf Club and that you enjoyed it thoroughly.

The Iberostar Staff would be more than glad to welcome you back again in the near future, if this is the case, do not hesitate to contact the Public Relations office, we would be more than glad to assist you prior to your arrival.

Castleford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just returned from paraiso del mar after a 2 week stay. This hotel is amazing to look at with its highy polished floors, pillars and dome ceilings. The resident animals are also very cute. The gardens are lush and well maintained, the pool however is in need of refurbishment, there were several places where the tiles had come off and also bodge up repairs carried out. It is not always as clean as it could be. In the whole 2 weeks we never saw a pool cleaner, there were plenty of people sweeping up on the sun terrace, but the pool was littered with leaves and debris . Entertainment is pretty standard, water polo, poolside games ect. The evening entertainment shows were poor to be honest, some of the dancing was ok, but mostly it consisted of the staff doing slapstick routines, however the staff were hard working and friendly, Gamar especially is very good. The resteraunts are all excellent only one we didnt try was the Japanese. All the others were brilliant, but book early, and even if you cant get in, the buffet has plenty to offer. My main problem with this holiday was that there was nothing to make it "Special". After a very long journey (10 hours flying time from England) we were taken by coach to the hotel and dropped off. They didnt even seem to be expecting us, there was no
welcome drink, or even anyone to meet us, we were checked in at the desk and left to find our own way to our rooms, we missed our welcome meeting because we couldnt find it and none of the hotel staff knew where it was, in actual fact it was 3 hotels away and we never saw a rep in our hotel the whole time we were there we had to walk to the other hotel to see him.
Overall we had a good holiday, but I dont think we will go back again.

Room Tip: We were in block 15 near to the pool but away from the bars and theatre, very quiet except for the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Customer,

On behalf of the management team we would like to thank you for your recent stay at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

We appreciate you took the time to share your opinion and feedback from your recent holiday, since every comment helps us to improve our services.

We are glad to know that you found the landscape, vegetation and wildlife beautiful and well maintained. We have already forwarded your comments to our pool maintenance crew and the front desk & bellboy departments to ensure they take all this information into consideration and make the necessary corrections to make sure the service is always excellent and up to Iberostar standards.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, if this is the case, we would be more than glad to assist you prior to your arrival.

Cape May, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Iberostar Parisio Del Mar: Service staff was better than excellent. Always willing to assist in whatever your needs may be. Housekeeping staff though was just so-so. Rags left in room inconsistent with refilling water and refrig. Beach was great, shows at night were good, Golf course was excellent and the staff at the gold course was better than excellent great people .
other than the housekeeping staff the place was the exact place as to what we were looking for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank Goodtimes616
Dear Clients,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

We are more than happy to receive all your feedback, it is truly important since it provides us with precise information to improve our service and the facilities at the Resort.

We have already forwarded your kind comments to the Staff so that they learn how much they contributed to your fantastic holiday, and also the housekeeping department in order to reinforce the aspects you have brought to our attention. Our apologies about this service.

It is amazing to know that the services offered were as expected and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, the Public Relations office would be more than happy to assist you before your vacation.

Regards,

Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#22 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 20,375 reviews

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!