Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
Our family booked an all inclusive Spring Break vacation at the above resort. Our experience was as follows:
The resort itself was beautiful. The pool area(s) were clean and well-maintained. The beach was beautiful, clean, and well-maintained by the resort staff.
Our room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The service provided by Miguel (our maid) was excellent – our room was spotless and we were provided with adequate towels, etc. He responded to any requests for our mini-bar (water, diet soda, beer) in a timely manner. He was friendly and courteous.
We visited Tulum (booking through Apple Vacations) and were pleased with the excursion. We also took a cab to Playa Del Carmen. The Apple Representatives, Pedro and Gloria, were extremely friendly and helpful. However, aside from Gloria and Pedro, we found the other Apple Reps who worked at the desk at the resort to be unhelpful, unfriendly, and rude.
For the most part the grounds keepers, waiters and waitresses, and other service personnel were friendly. Daniel, who worked at the Front Desk during the second half of our stay, was friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed the weather, the beach, and the sun. However, due to the below listed issues we will not return to this property or recommend it to family or friends.
1. Check –In
Our vacation was almost ruined before it started. The gentleman who checked us in was also checking in 3-4 other families. He was abrupt, unfriendly, and rude. Although we had requested adjoining rooms, we were told that the resort was totally booked and that only one room was available. Although it was not ideal (we were traveling with our 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter), we would make it work. We requested a cot, but were told that there were no cots available at this property. After numerous calls and trips to the front desk, we were told a bed would be brought from another resort – hours later. In addition, no attempt was made to direct us to our room. This is a VERY LARGE property.
2. The restaurant reservation system was ridiculous. We were told that guests are entitled to 3 reservations in the specialty restaurants. (Not mentioned on the website). However, when we made our reservations, we found that the only times available were after 8:30 pm. We found this especially interesting when we visited the restaurants as they were without exception 75% EMPTY. This would leave us to believe that the resort limits the reservations as a money saving measure – without any consideration to its guests.
3. In addition to the above issue, the food in the restaurants/buffets was marginal at best. The buffets were better than the restaurants – Mexican & Italian were awful. Our meals were almost inedible! The Japanese restaurant was decent, although we did not get what we ordered.
4. Although the beaches were well-maintained, there were only 2 restrooms (2 stalls) on the beach. This was totally inadequate considering that it was Easter Week/Spring Break.
5. There were 2 bartenders at 1 bar to service all the guests on the beach – again this seemed totally inadequate during the week that we were there. The wait was long and on many occasions the bartenders ran out of ice.
6. Although the restaurants/buffets were decorated tastefully, the stray cats, raccoon like creatures (Quanti), and other animals/birds that wandered through the restaurants made us question how sanitary the facilities were.
7. Vendors on the beach were tolerable, except for when they asked/demanded that we “get them a beer” – there seemed to be no security in place to deal with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico