Travel date: 02/10/2013--02/17/2013
Let me start out by stating that this resort is BEAUTIFUL and very large. The workers were very friendly and always greeted us with smiles. Yes, there are a few that didnt seem to enjoy their job but only a few (buffet lady making omlets was very crabby). The resort itself is very large and has huge swimming pools all connected. The pools were gorgeous but....I didnt see anyone cleaning them and they were pretty dirty. The food at the buffets were not very tasty.For breakfast I would recommend ordering a fresh omelet every morning so at least you know its fresh food. The buffet food was not good but I wasn't there for the food. The "specialty" restaurants were pretty good compared to the buffets, not the best and again, I was not here for the food. The waitress named "Rosa" in the lobby bar made our evenings alot of fun. She was a real charm!! Love ya Rosa!! Lobby bar drinks are better than the pool and beach area drinks. The food on the beach was horrid. I suggest you go a few yards further up towards the pools to the right and eat lunch there. Beach bartendar "Lionel" was a great bartendar. The beach itself was beautiful and the waves were alot of fun to play in. We sat by the beach all day and stopped at the pools on the way back to our rooms. Why sit by a pool as you can do that anywhere! I gave this a 3 star because of the food, so people know its not the best BUT....you get what you pay for. If your traveling for the food, this is not the place to go. Pay the big bucks and go to a 6 star resort then. We came here for the weather and beach which were awesome every day. Food is not our top priority while traveling. The rooms were large and had nice patios, no complaints with the rooms.They have a shuttle to Play Del Carmen for $10 for both ways. Buy your jewelry and trinkets there as its much cheaper than the resort and airport...Oh and the Cancun Airport....Dont plan on getting out of the chaotic airport for about 2 hrs from landing. Whomever designed this airport must have had too much Tequila!! Its enough to make you NOT want to come back to Mexico. All in all...This resort, FOR THE MONEY, is great IF you want a great beach, great drinks, great weather.....Dont book this resort if your in it for the food....you get what you pay for so... pay more and go somewhere else. For the money....its an average pretty nice resort and we had a great time everyday!! 5 star for beach & weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico