Well I just want to start this out by saying "Isa" (Isabel) was probably our favorite of the whole entire trip! She does yoga on the beach, walks around the pool and beach talking to everyone, gets you involved in everything, and then is the best performer at night! She has the most energy on stage, whereas the male lead singer on Monday nights for the "Musical Review" had ZERO energy, he made the show such a snore to watch. Jorge and Little "D" at the lobby bar are excellent and always had us laughing. Pedro at the Mediterranean restaurant was SO nice and helpful when we ate there. The staff really made this trip so much more fun and Im so glad they were so lively and welcoming and always encouraging us to get involved.
The resort is gorgeous, and so many people complain about the long walks to the lobby, but I enjoyed the walks. It is seriously less than a 5 minute walk from the beach to the lobby, but some reviewers on here make it sound like a 10 mile hike through the wilderness, they are just lazy!! You need to be working off some of the calories from your Pina Coladas anyway! :)
The rooms are nice and I loved the marble floors everywhere, they do a great job maintaining them. I did not like that the shower did not have a shower curtain, and our shower head was broken. I felt like I was getting water all over the bathroom because there was no curtain, and I ended up using three towels just to sop up the water. I was kind of ticked off about the shower head, but we did not realize it was broken until we had already unpacked everything. The actual handheld nozzle worked, it was the holder for the shower head that did not work and hold the nozzle up so it pointed down on the ground, very annoying. We were room 1132 if the staff is reading this lol. We rigged our own holder for the nozzle out of rubber hair bands and it held it up good enough for the trip.
If you want some amazing food and you are tired of the buffets and do not have a reservation, go to the shopping center and order some tacos! We did not discover this place until the last day, but the tacos and the staff in there were amazing and so friendly!!
I wish the pool had a hot tub, sometimes it was a little chilly closer to dinner time and a hot tub would have felt great, especially after a long day doing activities and sore muscles!
The beach is nice but extremely crowded and only one bar. I wish there was maybe one more bar. I also didn't like how the sand into the water had a huge drop off. Instead of walking straight into the water from your chair you had to climb down a man made sand ledge and then walk into the water. It was weird and made jogging on the beach or taking nice strolls on the beach impossible, but not a huge deal.
I also loved how animal friendly this resort was. There were stray cats all over, but not feral cats, they were very human friendly and the staff just let them lounge around and didnt yell at us when we fed them. They were coates (spelling?) and birds all over fighting for food and the same thing, they just left them alone and let them be.
I guess this is long enough. I really had a fabulous time and I am so depressed to be back home I wish I could have stayed forever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Visit Us Inc., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico
- IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico