“Great Time”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed Sept 6 Sept 13 had a great time will be back next year Thanks to all at iberostar del mar. Rooms nice food good beach beautiful. If anyone said they had a bad time there they did not stay where we were! One thing just give people more water in fridge 3 every 2 days was not enough. Staff friendly always saying hello or good morning lazy pool was very nice 3 foot deep in parts up to 5foot in other spots

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JohnKathyP
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please let me thank you for such a dedicated and detailed review about your holiday with us at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

We are deeply grateful for your appreciation towards our staffs professionalism and helpfulness. They are by far our key to success in guest satisfaction and it is always a pleasure to actually read that this goal is achieved. All our staff work extremely hard working and always find very rewarding and motivating to hear that guest expectations are surpassed. Your positive words will definitely be passed on to all our team.

We greatly appreciate you mentioning our rooms and their state of cleanliness, a standard that we always keep extremely high and for mentioning our cuisine and our lovely beach.

Our goal is to always treat each individual guest as a star, we would me more than glad to welcome you back to Iberostar Paraiso del Mar, your home away from home.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday to this hotel and was just as impressed as when we were there in March/April this year. If you are looking for an hotel that has character, natural beauty, comfort, satisfaction, style and true Mexican charm, then this is the one. The food is exceptionally good, a taste sensation, and beautifully presented, all enhanced by the friendly and obliging staff who really work hard at making your stay a truly enjoyable one. Alfresco dining with the beauty of nature all around you, even a rainy day is a lovely experience, in warm and friendly surroundings, this hotel has a marvellous ambience that will make you want to return time after time . The reception and lounge area surpasses that of most hotels we have stayed at with with higher ratings, with it's welcoming and relaxing atmosphere, beautiful soft lighting, quiet elegant yet traditional bar area manned by professional yet friendly and obliging bar staff, The atmosphere in this area (including saxaphone player) creates a wonderful friendly and romantic setting, yet lively enough to meet all tastes. The gardens are absolutely wonderful and very well maintained, this seems to be a constant activity throughout the day but is done in a non intrusive manner. Staff take pride in what they do and their main priority is you, your enjoyment, your satisfaction and always with a ready smile. Down at the quiet pool is Esteban, here is a true example of dedication , hard work, with the importance of ensuring the client is satisfied, always smiling, working at great speed when the bar is busy and even knows when you are standing behind him so you are not forgotten. This establishment is very well run, and it is evident in the mangement style, constantly making sure that your stay is an enjoyable and happy one. Even the General Manager is willing to listen and take on board your views whilst he is engaged in his duties around the resort. We have stayed at other hotels on the Riviera Maya, and yes, there are more elegant ones, ones where you could be in any other elegant hotel, anywhere in the world, we even stayed at the Moon Palace, but if you are really looking for an hotel worth the money, in exotic surroundings with the charm that is Mexico, but with that added luxury of being somewhere special, then Pariaso del Mar has what you are looking for.

Well worth a try, it does not dissapoint!

Mike & Irma - Bridgwater U.K. (September 2012)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bright and airy, better on higher floors, stayed in room 1831 which faced the inner...
7  Thank Michael P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at Iberostar.

We deeply appreciate you feedback and have already sent all your comments to all our staff and the people in charge of every department. They will be enchanted to know that every effort contribute to build a unique holiday experience,

Our general manager and all the team are already looking forward to your next stay, please do not hesitate to send us an email at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx, we will be more than glad to host you again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned from a 4 night vacation with my sister in law and niece. Two 60 somethings and my niece is 36. We had a blast! We booked the Square Deal knowing that we had all ready stayed at the Tucan and the Del Mar in the past and we loved them. So we again were assigned to the Paraiso Del Mar. I always use my travel agent and have her book thru Apple Vacations because I have never been disappointed.
We were greeted with a mimosa at check in and a short wait. After the buffet lunch, we were able to go to our rooms in building 12. The bellman was so friendly and drove us there in a golf cart. We were right by the pool and the smaller buffet near the beach where we started every day with an omelet made to order, a cappucino and a mimosa.
Dinner was either at the Italian Restaurant or the Brazilian. Both were fabulous! The food was delicious! Service exceptional.
Yes, the resort is big but it is just beautiful. Very clean. And the pool is huge with many different areas. We started the day off in the quiet area where we enjoyed the waterfall, jacuzzi and floating around on our rafts. Then after lunch we would move to the swim up bar and area where the Star friends entertained us with their pool games.
A special shout out to Estevan and I think Francisco who were bartending because no one waited long for a drink and it was very busy between 3 and 5 p.m.
The shows in the evening were a lot of fun. We enjoyed them all.
We never had a problem getting a golf cart ride if we needed it. During the day, you just called and in the evening, there was a larger cart going back and forth from the beach to the front lobby and restaurants.
All of the employees there worked very very hard to please the guests and we appreciated that. We received outstanding service at every bar, restaurant, check in, and housekeeping.
For the cost of this trip, we really got more than expected. Wish I stayed longer. Oh well maybe next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank PLan977

Dear Guest,

Firstly we wanted to thank you very much for writing this review about your visit to our hotel Iberostar Paraiso del Mar. We are always delighted to read so positive comments.

Thank you for praising our rooms and cleaning standards. We are glad that your expectations in these aspects were met, as our cleaning staff are always trying to surpass guests demands.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our beautiful surroundings which consist of extensive gardens, in which our buildings are located next to our pools. Our animation team offers different activities during daytime for adults and kids, including water sports, yoga, aqua gym, volleyball… Later in the evening, all children can enjoy the Minidisco and watch our various shows. For your information, we just launched a new show, called magic land.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our large selection of drinks and cocktails offered by our bar and restaurant staff. Our whole team receives constant training throughout their stay with us and your words of appraisal will be passed on to them, providing them with the incentive of maintaining up our high standards.

Again we want to thank you for choosing our hotel Iberostar and are looking forward to welcoming you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you have any specific wish for your next visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from the Iberostar Paraiso DelMar - loved it. This is our 12th time to the area, usally we stay at the Iberostar Tucan tried the DelMar this time. Both resorts are lovely, the beach at the Tucan is nicer however we loved our stay at the DelMar. The pool was great, rooms were nice and clean we stayed in 1429 near the pool. Food was great and the staff is so friendly. They work very hard and are very honest. I left a tip for the maid and asked for some water when I came back to the room she hadn't taken the tip, I found her and gave it to her she said she didn't take it because she didn't have any water this time to leave for me, I told her just to get it next time. The staff is very honest, hard working and friendly. You will do some walking back and forth for meals and it's a lovely walk the grounds are kept beautifully. We enjoyed the wildlife - swans, flamingos, peacocks,etc.. The food was good, we went to the Italian, Mexican and Brasilian restaurants enjoyed them all. This is our go to place for the money you can't beat it, my husband and I joke that we couldn't go to the Wisconsin Dells for this price. We would definitely return to this resort (our only regret we didn't stay longer than the 7 days). We did hear of some theft by the pool, we heard it was guest that came in from Mexico City, use common sense and don't take valuables to the pool area (like anywhere else).

4  Thank sunnygirl529

Dear Guest,

First of all It is a pleasure for us to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso del Mar. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding the food, we already sent your comments to the chef and his team who will be thrilled to hear your comments. Furthermore, the cleanliness of our rooms and installations fall under strict standards that the housekeeping department always strives to improve and surpass, I am glad you could enjoy the result of this and will definitely pass on your positive feedback.
Thank you once again for you complimentary words about our hotel and our services and for praising intensively our staff.

We would love to have the chance of greeting you once more at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had a great time. The entertainment was awesome. We travel every year to cancun, riviera maya area and this resort has been one of our best stay.
The staff was nice and very helpful. The pool was huge, it gave a variety of areas where you could swim. It had the family area, children area, swim up bar for adults only.
The beach area was beautiful and peaceful. Oh I can't forget, great food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Janie4145

Dear friend,

Thank you very much for sharing such a good comment about your vacation with us in. Your enthusiasm in describing the high level of our services is a great input to keep motivating our team.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel’s settings and surroundings.. Thank you very much for pointing out our excellent cuisine and our staff!

Once again, it is a pleasure for us to read that enjoyed your vacation so much and it will be an honor to welcome you back!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor because I was a first-timer to Mexico. I got a deal in which I would be placed at one of five Iberostar resorts and would find out which one upon arrival. It was confusing to me because so many of the reviews said so many things and I had advice and expectations that may or may not have been the resort I ended up at. That said, here are a few things I found which may be helpful for you in your decisions.

First, there are 5 star resorts, and then there are 5-6 Diamond resorts. AAA rates this as 3 star. That is probably a fair assessment. I also toured Secrets because it was 1 exit away from my hotel and I took a Taxi there. Secrets is 5-6 DIAMONDs...and about twice as much per person.

What were the differences? There were many. Secrets is a brand new property. It has free wifi all over the property. It has swim out rooms and without a doubt the most beautiful beach I have ever seen...and it is just 1 exit away! Secrets has all dining indoors where it is air conditioned. Secrets has top shelf liquour throughout.

It is not really fair to compare Secrets with Paraisio Del Mar because it is like comparing apples and oranges but the reason that I do this is to give you a basis for my review. Secrets is more like the Iberostar Grand Paraisio Resort....it also costs a whole lot more.

I loved Paraisio Del Mar. My biggest surprises (and what I was not really prepared for) were the fact that most of the dining is out of doors. It is under cover, under roof with ceiling fans in beautiful outdoor dining rooms. There is an elaborate scheme of covered walkways to get you from Paraisio Del Mar to its twin resort, Paraisio Beach. Sometimes, the buffet would be at one or sometimes at the other resort... When you have been outdoors in the sun all day, or shade and you are not used to the heat you may be used to going to eat at an air conditioned house or restaurant. This resort does not offer that luxury. Now don't get me wrong, during the week I could choose two restaurant dinners in my pick of their 5 sit down restaurants which were air conditioned. You could also order room service from a very limited menu. Room service was not available for breakfast. We did order milk at night and it was delivered within an hour.

These two resorts, Beach and Del Mar shared buffets and the pool and beach. They are equals.
Because of the dining being outdoors I found that some of the food did not seem "cold". The hot food was quite hot enough but in the states we are used to salads and such being on ice. These salads and lunch meats and cheeses we're beautifully displayed on gorgeous platters sitting on metal trays which had condensation on them as if they had been chilled but the fact that it was so hot made the cheeses limp and melting and unappealing. I would sometimes pass by the salads as well because of this warmth factor. I never got sick on anything I ate...I ate all of the fruit and even the tap water. I cannot see them resolving this issue short of air conditioning the buffet rooms.

The food at first seemed just ok for me. I did not come for the food, right? But it grew on me. It was fun to try new things. And every day there was a new theme to the food. The desserts were fabulous, the breads were fabulous, the variety was great. There was usually a station of meat that was hand carved for you. And they really care and aim to please you with the food they provide. You will not go hungry, trust me.

I had read reviews of the restaurants. The Mexican had bad reviews! We loved it the best! The salads were fresh and delicious and cold in the air conditions restaurant. Nothing was too spicy. It was awesome...it is not Taco Bell or TexMex...but it was very nice.

We also ate at the Steak house. I chose badly with sirloin instead of tenderloin but I did so thinking it would be lean and it was not by anymeans with a big section of fat and grisel and it was well done instead of medium...but that said, I could also have asked for a different steak because they are SO Accomodating! The service was good and they care to give you what you want.

When you read reviews about people who wanted more restaurant meals it will mostly be because of the air conditioning or the fact that they don't like self serve buffets where others have touched the food.

There is a fair amount of walking at this resort. You can call for a pick up but be prepared for that if it is an issue for you.

No free wifi...this was a biggie for us, not realizing how addicted we were and since it was important for us to stay in touch with our kids and we thought from reviews that it was free in the
Lobby. It is not free. We paid 3.00 for 15 minutes of wifi which could only be used in one session and on one device. This was a big dissapointment for us. It would have cost us another hundred dollars for free wifi the whole time on one device. I would not think it would cost them that much to provide this as a free service in the lobby area.

I should have brought a hair dryer. The one in the bathroom was the most antiquated thing I have ever seen or tried to use. It was horrible. Bring yours for sure!

This resort is a family resort...so there were kids. We were just there Sep 13-19 so there were not many kids and in fact, not that many people! We loved that and said we would go back at precisely this time of year again to take advantage of great prices, no crowds and a lovely resort.

We are not big drinkers but they really do offer anything you want, anytime and as much as you want. I tried a few drinks but did not have them every day and the in room refrigerator had beer and a selection of soft drinks and water. There was also a coffee pot and a selection of teas. There were no other snacks in the room unless you ordered a meal from room service.

The room was lovely...in the middle was perfect so that you were not far from the beach, not far from the pool and not far from the dining. It was kept clean... Ours by Jazmin who made a new towel animal every day.

We stayed near the quiet end of the pool away from the swim up bars...and it was peaceful and lovely. If you went during a peak season like December or January I am not sure that it would be as peaceful.

I had read reviews about lobster being grilled at the beach...not here. The only place that has lobster is at the Mediterranean restaurant which we could not get a reservation for. I love lobster and had planned on it every day...no lobster for me. Hamburger and hot dogs and fries and ice cream at the beach...along with a bar or course.

With all the positive and negatives I still give this a four. We loved our time there, found the people who worked there to be so accommodating and we would go back.

The setting is beautiful and there are lovely surprises like curtained beach beds and hammocks and swinging beach beds under thatched roofs. You will enjoy your time here if you are not looking for the Grand. It was well worth what we paid for it.

Room Tip: Middle of the resort is best to be near to both pool, beach and eating facilities and there are no e...
9  Thank Laurelwright

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comment about your stay in Iberostar Paraiso del Mar. It is a pleasure for us to read that you felt welcome among us and that our staff was up to your expectations.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the wide range of food in two of our a-la-carte restaurants - our Mexican restaurant and our Steak house. It is an honor for us to hear that guests enjoy the food that our cook team prepares with so much enthusiasm and love of detail. We are sorry to hear that we could not offer you a reservation at the Mediterranean restaurant. We will do our utmost to make sure you will be able to enjoy it next time you visit us.

Concerning air conditioning, it is important to mention that our buffet is located in an open space. Indeed, Iberostar Paraiso del Mar is characterized by its natural and beautiful environment. We would strongly advise our guests who suffer from hot weather to come during the winter season.

We are glad to read that you could use a lot of facilities of our hotel and that you could relax at one of our curtained beach beds and hammocks or swinging beach bed.

Please be assured that we have taken note of all your comments and thank you for your tips. For our management team – as well as for all the other departments – it is essential to get a direct feedback of our clients. It is not only natural but also totally rewarding to read, learn and answer our guest comments. These comments are our source of inspiration to keep on improving taking into consideration that our guests lead our managerial actions and decisions.

We will keep on working to maintain our high quality standards. Thank you again for your benevolent words. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our Iberostar.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed September 10-14...This was our honeymoon. First off...a welcoming mimosa never hurts. The desk clerk was friendly and we checked right in. We thought about a room upgrade..but after we saw the first level room...we were completely satisfied. The temp of the room is not bad but you can only take it down so far and it wont go lower. But it was comfortable. As i have read before...the beds are hard...we found this to be true. But if you are sleepy enough..its no problem. TV in the room worked fine. The fridge was stocked but not very cold. Not a big deal either...plenty to drink all over the resort. Food and drink were available all day long either at the beach...buffets...lobby bar (by far the best drinks) and dinner restaurants. We were pretty happy with all of our meals. Jappenese was a cook-it-in-front of u deal and it was great. Staff was friendly at all locations. We traveled through apple vacations which we would recommend...they made everything from the flights to anything you needed on the resort. The pool was huge and a nice temp with some good swim up bars. The beach was awesome...the area where you can actually swim is pretty small..but its clear and we were able to see lots of fish swimming around us. We loved the beds they had on the beach and at this time of year getting a chair was a breeze. Overall experience was amazing and we definitely will be returning to this resort!

8  Thank Snj0108

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay and for all the comments you have shared with us.

I feel delighted to read your comments since our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our clients, it is so gratifying to see that we are on the right track to follow to offer unforgettable experiences and amazing vacations for all our guests.

We are especially glad to know that the grounds, pool, beach, room, and everything we offered at the resort was amazing and made your stay as pleasant as possible. We regret to know that you found the beds hard since we have the option of a foam to make the mattress softer also available through reception or guests service.

We would be more than glad to welcome you back to our Hotel in a near future for your next vacations, it would be our pleasure to assist you and serve you again.

Warmest Regards,

Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
#69 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
#13 of 26 in Puerto Morelos

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!