“Average but love Star Friends”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2012

MANAGEMENT
As a repeat guest, I was not acknowledged. Also not once did I see the General Manager walk around the lobby, pool or restaurant to meet guests. In Punta Cana, the GM was always around checking on things and listening to the guest suggestions. I was also invited to a cocktail reception for repeat guests in PC. It was nice to be acknowledged for your loyalty.

POOL and STAR FRIENDS - federico, wendy... and all others... wonderful fun staff
I’m going to begin my review with the entertainment of the hotel. Yes, the star friends. I’m from New York so things have to be pretty exciting for me to get a wow factor. I was quite impressed at how motivated the star friends are working in the extreme heat from 10:00 a.m. in the morning until way after 11:00 p.m. at night. It all begins with the beach activities. My daughter was there bright an early to play volley ball beginning at 11:00 a.m. My son was delighted to be able to shoot the gun at the air rifle hut. You have to be about 13 to compete in the Archery. There is bocci ball and soccer on the beach. There was archery as well. Off to the pool area. There are quiet spots (plenti of chairs) or the noisy spot (next to the bar) (not so plenti of chairs) but one can find some along the way. The bartenders (there are two) work pretty fast. Bartenders can serve drinks from the staircase if you choose not to dive into the pool. Around the bar was a wee bit debris ridden! Yuck. I handed the bartender a dollar or two a day. I’m not a heavy drinker. A few times he brought me a cerveza from his bar to the side of the pool where I was sitting. I guess I looked lonley I was actually having a good time looking at all the drunken fools!
The pool games were fun. They had ball throwing (baseball/ football); water sports (jump rope on a surf board) pretty hilarious and all orchestrated by the star friend animation team. The main commentator was extremly comical. They had dance lessons by the pool and exercise. For the kids they had two days of hit the piniata! One piniata looked like dora. There was a little girl who loved dora so she was a bit confused to have hit her with a stick! We were all laughing. Lots of candy great for your kids teeth! LOL :0). Pool is beautiful. Iberostar (in comparison to Punta Cana Iberostar) gets a 2 rating out of 5 for cleansiness. I did not see the staff out early in the morning cleaning in and around the pools. I found trash from day before still on the ground. The water was cloudy and did not see any staff all but once go around the pool with a skimmer. In Punta Cana they scrubbed in wee hours of the morning and were constantly skimming throughout the day. I will say getting lost on the Maya/Lindo side their pool looked much cleaner and the area around it so go figure. And NO did not bother using the Lindo /Maya side by way of sneaking over and using facilities I am not entiled to. I was pretty happy at the del mar. It was hopping with action and fun.
ROOM
The rooms were pretty basic being that the del mar is the cheaper of the two. The beach accomodations and the buildings itself was much nicer. The maids leave the doors open. Yikes mosquito invasion. Please bring bug spray for the room. You will be a happy camper. Or better yet a mosquito net. I slept with a sheet over me like a coccon everynight and they managed to bite my face and fingers. Fingers are the worst! Please bring bug spray for night time. They eat you alive at the dinner buffet and the show theater. The bar was stocked. The coffee I made in the room was better than the restaurant. Word of advice, bring instant Nescafe. You will be a much happier morning person with a familiar brew. The room service you are only allowed to order five things? It makes no sense if you are in a room with more than four guests to only limit five items. I ordered chicken ceasar salad which was very good. Nuggets OK if you are hungry. Pizza again good if you are hungry. The food came in decent time about an hour. I had no issues with the room except the shower gave me trouble. I pressed the button and it wouldn’t stay. I had to press it more than five times for the shower to work. I was on the first floor. Watch for the spiders. Just in case your little one is allergic to bugs. My daughter is allergic to mosquitos they swell up. I did see across the way a couple of drunk guest handing from the second floor patio what an idiot. But no other issues with noise.

LOBBY
Beautiful lobby comfortable seating and there was always a waitress to take a drink order. Bartender very nice…more mosquitos so be prepared but still no complaints. The beach side of the lobby was prettier. The lobby bar was good for morning brew. Cocktails in the evening and a chance to relax when there is a wonderful breeze in the middle of the day.
The ATM is on the beach side. Spits out USD. The front desk changes USD to PESOS. If you are traveling on the buses and collectivos like I did ask for 10 pesos and 20 pesos. If not they will give you big bills. In the lobby area off to the side are pools tables with internet. You have ask for the equipment at the front desk. The second computer is free iternet. All others require a log on. Right next to the pool hall is the children’s Lucy Club. They use that location at night time so parents can go to dinner (they don’t advertise this but they are open till I think 9 or 10 for free). They also use that area when it rains. Its very basic but accomodating for children with a TV and air conditioned. The star café is there too which is air conditioned great place to hang out with friends. They are opened in the evening but during the day they are open but there is no bartender. Get a drink from the lobby bar a few feet from the star café and enjoy!

BUFFET FOOD
Ohhhhhkaayyy now…..let’s talk food…. not five star. Not even a four. Three at best but still can’t complain. There were plenti of food choices except carving stations. All but one which is either fish or beef or pork. I was a little dissapointed because in comparison to IB in Punta Cana. PC surpassed in this area.
The only grill action was the burgers and hot dogs. They did have veal one night I was excited taste great but then it was all down hill from there. The pasta was overcooked. A lot of food items were a mystery because there were no signs in english. The salad bar was good. The cheese was okay. The dessert was OK. The tacos were OK. The bread was tasty as well as the veggies which were cooked in butter. Oh I survived the food was subpar.

SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS
The Japanese was pretty good. The show was fun. Boy was it hot when the firing action occurred. What out kiddies. The rice was a bit uncooked but still good ..I guess because I was hungry. The service was good.

The italian was not bad. A pasta was a bit pasty but I had veal and that was not bad either. I just so happen to sit next to hillbillies. Really hillbillies! They sat at the table with their hats on! I had talked to the younger son (18) looked older at the bar and he was drunk as a skunk. When I asked him about college he said he owned three cows that made him a pretty penny and there was no need for college. He’d rather take care of his farm and reap the cow benefits. I was impressed at his work ethic but couldn’t believe he had no future plans for college. LOL….
The brasilian was not bad either. Fill up on buffet and wait forever to serve the meat! My kids fell asleep waiting for the food to come around. LOL

Kids Club
The kids club was boring for my kids. So of course they mishaved to get themselves throw out. Ummm excuse me mamn but both of them have to leave! LOL In appropriate language and fighting with each other. Oh my 8 and 9 boy and girl. W hat was I thinking? Mommy to have two hours to herself on a single parent vacation. No way no how…I was cool did not bother me a bit. I’m from NY gotta love emmm…
The night time activities at the 8:00 p.m. show for kids was fun, they were able to particpate in the shows. During the day they also had activities via the mini club which was just ok.

GOLF CARTS AND TRAM
It took me a few days to figure out the map of the hotels. With IBPDM being at the far end then, beach, maya, lindo, grand. The tram rides up and down the del mar..and the beach so I figure this is why it took so long to hop a ride. Patiently waiting on a busy weekend…oh about 20 minutes..i walked. Patiently waiting during the week…oh about 5 minutes..happy camper! It rode from the lobby area of the buildings to the beach. In the evening or in between if I flaged a golf cart and they were not busy I’d hop a ride and give them a buck. I had a bit of difficulty getting back from the shopping center. It seems the tram did not stop there at all needed to go to the main road. And no golf cart was will to stop . Once I stopped at the Lindo and asked the bell boy to call me a cart to take me back to the del mar and he gave me the dirtiest look. I’m from NY and he really pissed me off especially because I tip very well and said please and thank you. It came down to “hey you have a problem? Having a bad day?” kinda of response. I got my ride and then told him to have a nice day. I’m sure he wasn’t used to a “woman” talking to him that way….LOL.. If you have health problems and problems walking I would request rooms closer to the lobby/theatre/restaurant. I did because of my son. I had no problems with noise. I was located on the first floor. It was heaven because I ate at 6:30 pm. I was able to go back to my room for a mini siesta and wake up five minutes before show time! Only downfall was the midnight snack. I couldn’t help but grab some cookies when the restaurant opened after 11:15 p.m. for a mini midnight snack. All left overs…Yuk…except the dessert!

TRANSPORATION OUTSIDE OF HOTEL
You can get the golf cart to drive you to the entrance of the hotel. If you are going to ride the bus to DT Cancun you can either take the local bus or the collectivo. Collectivo about 30 pesos. Bus is cheaper but I think it stops in PDC first then transfer. Also to parent who want to save money to the CROCAN zoo the bus stops right in front of the zoo and the entrance is a few steps from the highway (just like the hotel). To go back you can will have to cross the highway. Just patiently wait until you see no cars in sight and quickly run across holding the kids hands. I had to wait about five minutes to cross but I waited for no cars because I was paranoid. A collectivo will stop but let the driver no Iberostar and look out for your stop (its not far) yell when its time to get off.
I took a cab to wet n wild…Yikes $47 USD. A bus from their home for three $4USD. It took longer but who cares. It was an nice air condition ADO bus. But I could have crossed the road and flagged down a collectivo I would have gotten home sooner instead of having to go to DT cancun which the local 2 bus stops right across the street from the ADO bus station. Bus leave very often.

Also I did the same to PDC. Took a collectivo to PDC and an ADO bus home. Much cheaper. The shopping in PDC is much cheaper than the hotel so stock up on tees and nick knacks. Can’t help but buy nick nacks. Do not pay no more than $10 bucks for a wrestling mask. Walmart sucks in PDC. But the food is worth taken a peak. Fresh baked goods. Walked off 5th avenue and felt safe.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cariocagirl1brasilia

Dear Madame,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar and you r loyalty to our Hotel.

I already past your generous comments to our Star Friends staff, since the best reward that we could have for all the hard work that our employees do is give all this compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.

We also would like to inform you that we are taking measures and working together with the Manager of each department of our premises in order to improve our services with all your feedback, since our main belief is the satisfaction of our clients.

On behalf of the Hotel management we would like to thank you for your feedback and comments since as I mentioned before, it provide us the opportunity to improve our services.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in a near future, if this is the case we would really appreciate if you can contact us at: rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx if you should need any assistance.

Warm regards.

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We traveled to Rivera Maya the first week in June on a 5 apple square deal and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel selected for us. The Del Mar complex is quite large but once you get the hang of it no big deal. The grounds are beautiful, the pool was great as were the rooms and the specialty restaurants. We ate at the Japanese, Steak house, and the Mexican restaurants. The buffet was pretty much standard for any all inclusives we have stayed at. The staff could not have been nicer. The beach was nice but the water was choppy due to the winds. The apple rep was very helpful as one couple had their luggage taken by mistake by another person who was staying at a different hotel. The Apple rep and Frontier Airlines went out of their way to locate their luggage and have it sent to our hotel. This hotel was a great value for what we spent.One other thing- at any other resorts we have stayed at you had to be up at the crack of dawn to get a palapa. Not the case here-never had a problem and it was really nice to be able to sleep in. As I said earlier the resort is quite large and we really prefer a smaller resort but I would return if I was guaranteed this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in bldg 12 at first but after a heavy rain storm the ceiling started to leak and we were upg...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karavita

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all the comments from your recent stay, we are glad you enjoyed your stay even our property is large and you prefer a smaller place.

We appreciate the time you took to send all this information to recognize the job all the staff does. We know that taking the square deal could be overwhelming as you do not know which property you will go to, however we are amazed that you enjoyed all your stay with us and you liked all the specialty Restaurants you went, Japanese, Steakhouse and Mexican.

We hope we could welcome you back in a near future, we are sure next time you will have the best time ever and some everlasting memories. If this is the case, please contact us before your arrival at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx be sure we will do our best to fulfill your requests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We just returned from this resort. The resort itself was pretty decent. The pool and facilities were great. The food was as expected which is decent, not great, but about what you might expect from an all-inclusive. The rooms were a bit older. We have stayed in other Iberostar resorts that were newer / nicer. Overall I could suggest this resort if their customer service would even attemp to resolve an issue I had there with their telephone charges that I am starting to think may just be their "scam" since they wont even reply to my request for assistance.

I was promised a contact by the general manager last Saturday. Its now Wednesday and not only have I not had a contact from them I cant even get a reply from my attepmted emails to them. I would expect they would make an attempt however I am begining to think once your gone they simply dont care.

I would select a resort company known for great service. Therefore I must rate this resort as poor as customer service is more inportant than anything else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I visited Mexico for the first time travelling on the 21st April for a week staying at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar.

On arrival to the hotel the receptionist was very accommodating - the process was as painless as possible after a very long 13 hour flight. We were given our all inclusive armbands, maps of the hotel before being whisked away by the bellboy in a golf cart. Nice touch - due to arriving in the middle of the day, staff were waiting with cocktails - a god send and very delicious,

On arriving to our hotel room, the room was bigger than I anticipated, I'd say a super kingside bed, a fridge which was stocked daily with branded drinks (unusual for an all inclusive) including bottles of Sol and other Mexican beer, as well as cans of coke, sprite and fanta, and bottles of water. The room was equipped with iron, safe, a nice bathroom (with towels which were replaced on a daily basis) as well as toiletries. There was a TV in our room, however, this didn't work - we didn't report this as we never felt the need to watch it. The balcony was spacious, bedding changed daily - overall I'd say it was a 4.5 star room and I was impressed. Chocolate covered fruit was waiting for us saying welcome - another nice touch.

After dropping our luggage off in our room, we thought we would go for a little wander and find our bearings for the next day - visiting the beach for the first time was breath taking, and taking into account the heat from the sun at 5.30pm was still immense. The beach bar was full of branded drinks - again something I'd never experienced before. On all inclusive. The strawberry and banana daiquiris were to die for!!! Nomnomnom

Ok food, breakfast in the main restaurant was probably best for us. There was a mixture of lots and I'd struggle to believe that no one could find something to eat. My only point to raise would be that individuals need to keep in mind that the Hotel does not cater for you solely, but for many other nationalities. Anyway, plenty of boxed cereals, fruit, yogurts, cheese selection and hams, cooked breakfasts, fresh omelettes made to order, even nachos if you choose to be this adventurous at breakfast. Lunch at the main restaurant - we only ate here once at lunchtime, but again there was ample variety, grilled fish, chicken and meats. There was usually some form of fajitas. Chips and other potatoes, fresh bread, salad, cheese selection, pizzas, sushi and so on. We chose to eat at the beach for the majority of our stay - my partner was over the moon to see a beach BBQ and religiously ate burgers and hotdogs. On one day per week they cook a huge pan of paella - don't miss out on this, it's truly delicious with fresh mussels, huge king prawns etc - most definitely worth a try. The a la carte restaurants I was pleasantly surprised with - we visited the steak house, Brazilian and Japanese. The steakhouse you were able to get fillet steak, cooked to perfection and truly delicious, Japanese was equally as good, a only a little behind was the Brazilian. What I will say about the a la carte restaurants is that the service was second to none - possibly the best I've ever experienced. You never waited for another drink, as you were coming to the end of your wine or beer another automatically arrived, if you drank water immediately as it arrived before getting up for bread, the water was replenished by the time you were back in your seat. For this the waiters should be highly commended. Within the a la carte restaurants your all inclusive still applied, however, if you wished there was a better selection of wines available for a small charge.

Drinks - you can anything you want - koy royals at 10am like me = yes, champagne, tequila, martini, beer - this was faultless :-)

There were activities available around the beach and pool each day should you wish to join in. You could always find a sun lounger in both spots, the sunloungers in the pool during peak heat were another god send. We used the sports centre on the beach to buy various activities - a snorkel trip to the reef was money well spent. We also played on the jet skis having lots of fun. We did an excursion through the hotel to chichenitza - amazing and mesmerising, go its a once in a life time opportunity!!

The complex is huge, for me this was the only down side to the hotel. I often felt lost, and despite going on excursions, I didn't feel like I got to visit the real Mexico. However, this would not stop me returning - I think ten days would be enough, a week not enough, two weeks just a little too long.

Oops before I forget there was a shopping mall where you could get enchiladas and fajitas as well as nachos, in addition to an ice cream shop which must have been good (my partner ate at least one most days).

This hotel is a 4.5 striving to be a 5 star, it's almost there! The staff are extremely friendly, always happy to help, they have some nice touches, and the beach really is like paradise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lauralou_25

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent visit to our Hotel.

We are glad to read all the good comments regarding our food, facilities and services we provide at our Hotel, this is the best way to receive feedback and to acknowledge that the service we provide is taking us closer to our main goal, the complete satisfaction of all our guests.

After reading all your comments regarding the service given by the receptionist, the waiters and the barman at the pool, I feel that we could do just less to make you have the best time ever. Be sure that the comments regarding the food at the Specialty restaurants and the main buffet at the breakfast and lunch will be passed to the Main Chef, I’m sure he will be amazed by the quantity of compliments you did. It is delighting to read every detail you perceived from the food, to the room and the activities with the Star Friends.

We regret that the TV was not working in the room, since we could have sent someone to fix it, however we are happy you had that time to enjoy our facilities and lots of koy royals during the morning to embrace a new day at paradise.

There is no doubt that we would be flattered to welcome you back to our Hotel and change that 4.5 to a 5 Star experience, if this is the case, please do not hesitate to contact us prior your stay at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx I’m sure we will be able to make your next vacation the most cheery and homely experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here last year and it was amazing!!!!!! We were upgraded to a room close to the pool. The pool was HUGE!!!!!! The food was great!!!! And the shows were the best we have ever seen at any resort ( We have been to 11 all inclusives)

Room Tip: Depending on where you spend most of the day, we always ask for one close to the pool. The Pool is...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tedztoy

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your last year stay at IBEROSTAR and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and also we appreciate all your comments since it provides us a direct feedback of our facilities, services and staff.

Be sure that all the staff would be delighted to know that your stay was amazingly enough to send all your comments to us, we are sure that the track we are following is the right one to make all our guests vacations the best they have ever had.

Hopefully this year we could welcome you again to demonstrate we can offer you even better service and high quality facilities at our premises and make your stay unforgettable.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned from the Del Mar. We went for our first wedding anniversary and had a very nice time. The resort is beautiful and the grounds are kept up very well, there were always people cutting the grass, pulling weeds ect. The staff was very friendly. We really liked all of the animals although I can see how some people would be grossed out since they do tend to hang out by the food spots. The beach was very nice, it was red flag the whole time we were there so we didn't get to do any of the included water sports which was unfortunate since that was one of the main reasons we chose an all inclusive. However even with the red flag being up we did not find the ocean to rough for swimming at all. They were obviously doing some renovation and maintenance while we were there, which is good because it seems to be getting a bit old. The pool area was very nice, and big and since the resort was pretty empty we had whole stretches of it to ourselves which was wonderful! There were plenty of loungers and semi private areas.

Our room was nice, we were in building 15 which was perfect, basically being in the middle of the resort. Our room overlooked the garden and the pool. The housekeeping service was wonderful, we tipped her the first day and periodically throughout our stay and our fridge always had beer and water. The bed was a little hard and the pillows uncomfortable but nothing unusual for a hotel.
Our only real issue with this resort was the food, it was honestly some of the worst food I have ever eaten. The food in my college cafeteria was by far better. Things that were supposed to be hot and things that were supposed to be cold were most of the time lukewarm. I am not a picky eater at all, and there were plenty of choices at the buffets so the first couple days I tried everything but by the end of the week it was difficult to find things I was interested in eating. Part of the problem as well was that things were over salted to the extreme. My husband loves salt, I can never put enough on the food I cook for him, but even he thought things were very salty.
The specialty restaurants were on the whole a bit better. We ate at the Japanese , Mexican, Brazilian and Mediterranean restaurants. Japanese was ok, they didn't have the pink sauces hibachis usually have which disappointed me. Mexican was terrible, the service was super slow and the meat in our tacos was over cooked. I got salmon at the Mediterranean restaurant and could not even eat it, it was very very fishy tasting. Brazilian was by far the best, the meat was well cooked and the sauces they served with it were good.
We also ate at the mall, crapes, tacos and burgers. The Burgers were better there then anywhere else on the resort, the tacos had very over cooked meat and almost no flavor and the crapes were very good.

We probably wont return to this resort because of how bad the food was, but some people seemed to think it was good. Maybe if you don't care a whole lot about food, this place is for you because everything else about it was pretty good.

Room Tip: Higher numbers are closer to the lobby and lower closer to the beach. Aim for 15,14 or 13 to be some...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meggy321

Dear Madame,

I would like to thank you for your recent vacations at IBEROSTAR on this special occasion.
We really appreciate you sent all your comments and feedback, since this is a direct channel to improve our services and the facilities at our Hotel.

We are disappointed to know that your experience was not completely satisfactory for you, and you had different complaints regarding the food. Feel completely sure that we will pass these comments to all the employees to enhance our service and the food quality we offer at the Hotel, since our main goal and objective is to offer everlasting memories to all our guests.

It is cheering to know that you enjoyed the service from all our staff gave, and the premises were comfortable enough to make you feel wonderful during your stay. It is also good to know that you had space enough to feel free to stretch around all our areas and the beach too, as well that you had weather good enough to get into the beach and swim while you were staying with us. We are sorry you did not have the chance to do some water sports as you wished.

Once again we value all your comments, and we hope to welcome you back to the Hotel since we would like to change the impression you felt from our Hotel and to rediscover the beauty of the area.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and 2 children (12 & 10) stayed here May 30 through June 6th and we can't say enough good things about this resort especially for the value. First of all the landscaping and grounds are gorgeous and very impeccably maintained with beautiful flowers and foliage and palm trees. I love how they left so much of the natural tropical jungle and created meandering paths and pretty lighting throughout. many people complain about the amount of walking but this was a main reason I chose this resort - so we would get excercise and not feel confined for a week. There was always a place to walk and explore and view wild animals too. We also used the shuttle car service and found it to be quite efficient. Any time you needed a ride just notify someone with a walkie talkie and they would call a ride for you.
The pool was hands down the best I have ever been to - huge and beautiful with so many chairs and grass hut cabanas and gorgeous palm trees - very natural setting. The pool had an active area near the bar but there were so many areas you could go to if you wanted a more quiet atmosphere - endless options. The water was a perfect temperature and Victor at the pool bar was great!
Service/people - the employees were SO friendly and kind, you just can't find that level of service in too many other countries - such a warm culture. The Star Friends were great - they planned activities, dance lessons, games etc a few times throughout the day. They cracked the funniest jokes during the competitions and we looked forward to their signature dances everday - still can't get those two songs out of my head and we miss them! The Service at the restaurants and bars was also very attentive. Whenever we needed anything at the hotel room they would bring it to us with a smile.
Food - I can't believe some of the comments about the food - anyone who complains is crazy! It's simply not true that there are only hot dogs and hamburgers! Those are always available but that is likely as a back-up for kids. Here is my take on the food - tons of variety and you will always find something great. Yes there were a few strange things I would ignore but I think they were trying to cater to various cultures (many Europeans). The main buffet restaurants near the Lobby were the best. Although we did have a couple breakfasts and lunches by the pool restaurant which was perfectly fine and convenient. The buffets always had great variety especially at dinner. They would change it up every night and had some delicious options. I avoided the pastas, pizza and breads and opted for whatever the creative specials were. They had so many amazing vegetable dishes - various grilled peppers, zuchinni, asparagus etc. They always had great salads like hearts of palm, artichokes, fresh green bean salad, lentils etc. - awesome! The mexican night dishes were authentic and super tasty and they greeted us at the door with a fresh Margarita. The Asian night featured some great tempura vegetables and various yummy dishes (sushi not the best but ok). Every dinner at the buffet was great and we would have been perfectly happy eating there every night. There was a variety of fresh fruits at every meal and nice not overly sweet desserts. If you want eggs, stick to made to order omelettes. The best thing they had was this challah like sweet bread every morning - addictive. Never tried the white stuff (pancakes, waffles etc.) We ate at the Japanese restaurant (sushi and tempura not great) but the food the chef prepared tableside was really tasty (chicken, rice, veggies). We did not like the Brazillian Restaurant, strange appetizers, dry meats lacking flavor. Mexico is not really known for its beef.. The Mediterranean was our favorite - delicious appetizer bar and the Red Snapper was so good. Pretty atmosphere too. Loved the 3 person strolling Mariachi band.
Rooms - this was the only area I thought was average and could use some updating. Maybe more modern, lighter colors, bedspreads and curtains. Shower water pressure was low. It was fine and we didn't spend much time there anyways. I will say it was pretty quiet, the beds were comfortable and the room darkening shades were great. We stayed in building 13 - close to the pool. Loved the towel art.
Beach - fabulous, gorgeous white sand (some seaweed would wash up but not much) plenty of chairs, nice breeze. Very nice stretch of beach.
Overall beautiful and awesome experience - thank you to all of the wonderful employees who made it extra special! We appreciate your hard work and efforts to keep the resort clean and pretty and for making us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: Pick 2nd or 3rd floor due to animals in the jungle, on the grounds. Face the pool side - the backsid...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ARVColorado

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay, also for sending us all your comments and feedback.

We are delighted to know that your vacations were more than good at our Hotel, we appreciate you took the time to send us all this information, since our main goal is the satisfaction of all our guests.

Be sure that we will send all your comments to the Departments involved assuring all the employees know that we are on the right track to make all our guests have the best vacations they’ve ever had. We would also send your comments to the main Chef, I’m sure he would be glad to have feedback regarding the food, we are sorry to hear that the Brazilian restaurant was not good enough for you and your family, be sure we will improve the service and food quality to assure better dinners.

We would be more than glad to welcome you back to our Hotel and hope it could be in a near future, we would be more than happy to make sure your vacation goes perfect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#72 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!