“Wonderful Family Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Family Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days last week with our 18 month baby.

Everything about this resort was wonderful. Staff was nice. It is a big resort and its nicely spread out. Although there were alot of people at the resort, did not seem too busy. Lots of entertainment options for children mostly 4 and up. The nightly entertainment was better than some other all inclusives that we have stayed at. Food was pretty good. They have different varieties of speciality restaurants on site as well as an elaborate buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The resort had 4 or 5 different pools so the pools did not feel too crowded. My daughter loved the wave pool.

We had a wonderful time. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Nazish H
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear guest,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services that the resort has to offer, especially the great service provided by our staff. Your comments will be passed on to our team.

We are also glad that your daughter felt very happy in our wave pool, this is a nice feature in our resort.

We appreciate your preference and we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR.

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at ibeorstar for 5 days and it was just ok. I will give you my honest opinion of this hotel despite the bad weather we had.
We got to the hotel and the front desk crew were not as nice as we thought. There seemed to be a language barrier between us and them. The lady who checked us in was not friendly at all. It looked like she wanted to just get through the checkin process as quickly as possible, without a smile on her face.Another incident we had with the front desk was Jacqueline giving us misinformation about the pick-up location for 5th ave, Playa da Carmen tourism area. She told us that the pick up was at the shopping center, which my family walked 5 mins away (in the rain) to catch the bus and come to find out we missed it because the pickup location was outside the front desk Lobby. How can she not know the pickup was outside the lobby.the only person who made a difference was Gabriela, who is a supervisor at the Lindo.We had 3 rooms and stayed ins blg 52 and 53 on the 2nd floor. The rooms are nice and right behind the pools which was so convenient. The beach was about a 5 min walk. Be aware of the ants in the room....we had to call the exterminator a few times.There are a few hotels on the property and you should try them but the buffet seemed to have been the best selection especially if you have small children. Lets not forget the Japanese restaurant (@beach). If you are looking to eat at any of the restaurants you must book them as soon as you get to the hotel with your concierge or the will get booked fast. Tip: Cajun restaurant was not as great.Our kids 18 months and 2 years old loved the wave pool. It was very comfortable for both the parents and kids. The pool bar was right there..All of the trolleys and golf carts came every few mins but one of our family members fell off the trolley due to the weather and sharp turn and the person who was driving didn't even acknowledge him to see if he was ok. Once we got to a location him and another co-worker laughed about it. Very disturbing...The shows kept us entertained......lots of different themes....I would recommended for the hotel to have more activities to do indoors since it rained for 5 days straight. I would not recommend this hotel due to the service that we received.

Room Tip: Blg 52 or 53
8 Thank Giovanna12014
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know your observations about our hotel.

We are happy that our rooms, our shows, and our beautiful Caribbean beach were of your liking.

On the other hand, we are concerned to know that some members of our staff did not offer the friendly service that characterizes us; please be certain that this situation will not go unnoticed; we will carefully review it with our General Manager to ensure corrective measures are taken. We sincerely regret to know that this spoiled your holidays. We are organizing training programs for our staff and this is one of the points that will be taken into account.

We once again want to sincerely apologize for the experience described and really hope to have another opportunity to host you in our hotel or in any of our sister hotels to show you the great service we are capable of offering.

Kind regards,

Playa Paraiso
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Iberostar hotel is dirty, ran down and multiply safety issues. Our first room had bugs everywhere including the beds. In the new room the air conditioner barley worked and there was mold in all the corners. Multiply times the room was never cleaned the fridge not stocked. We spoke with the concierge multiply times with our concerns and nothing was done. The food is terrible and barely warm! The entire resort is tiled and after it rains truly impossible to walk on. While walking to my room I slipped on wet tile causing me hit my head on a pole, causing a large gash in the back of my head. I was instructed by Iberostars medical center to request a 4 50.00 taxi ride to Playa Del Carmen Hospital. The hospital required me to pay for services upfront. This meant that cash or credit card payment of $2,500K was required to be admitted for an exam. After waiting for over an hour I received 12 stitches before the antistatic could set in. I was never check for concision or fracture. In order to leave the hospital I was required to pay an additional $200 plus another 50.00 taxi ride back to Iberostar!!! Later that day we were informed that there was multiply injury’s that day due to the tiled floors! I was never contacted by anyone from the resort to check in on me! I will never suggest this resort to anyone or stay at another Iberostar again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

14 Thank Crystal M
Dear guest,

It was very disappointing for us to hear that you had a bad experience at our property. We are very sorry, and we thank you for your review, because it gives us useful information for our team to work on.

With respect to incidents that you had in your room, we apologize about the inconvenience.
Our Maintenance department will be informed. We would like to add that when our guests present concerns during their stay, our team gathers efforts to resolve the problem as soon as possible so that our guests’ stay is as pleasant as possible. We would also like to inform you that the hotel has a weekly fumigation program in rooms and a daily program in common areas to keep bugs away from rooms and patios.

We are sorry you were dissatisfied with our food. Our Executive Chef is always working on offering the best food quality and variety, and he is always receptive to hear our guests’ perception so that he is sure to go on the right direction.

We regret to know that you were disappointed with the medical service located at our resort, operated by an external company. When guests have any accident, the center attends patients unless they need special attention, so they are sent to the hospital, located in Cancun. We hope you are feeling in good health now.

We will keep working hard to improve on these areas. Once again, we are truly sorry that your experience was spoiled and hope you let us know via email how could we help you.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Grounds beautiful and well taken care of. Beach great. Entertainment and star fans marvelous. Housekeeping very good. Concierge service is a clever way of not having to deal with the guest service desk. However customer service at this resort is poor. My family had Several miscommunication with front desk personnel, other staff and customers. Here's from my experience with guest service personnel. They told my family in order to catch the taxi service to Playa de Carmen we had to walk to the convention Center in the rain (This week the area was affected by tropical storm Boris) Just to find out that the bell boy informed us that the taxis come directly to the pickup area of the Lindo. We watched a few couples walk back from the convention center soaked in rain just to be informed the taxi service to Playa de Carmen doesn't stop there. The same guest service desk personnel as well as the tour companies also told my family as well as other clients the same taxi service is $2.00 USD each way when its actually $5.00 USD each way. After a request to the guest service desk and concierge it took 4 hours to send someone to supply our rooms with umbrellas. And when you address the matters they seem unconcerned. Only after requesting to see a Manager they sent the Head Concierge who compensated us with a supposedly "booked" dining at the Japanese Hibachi restaurant and "4 diamond rated" steakhouse inside the Maya. Beside the décor at the steakhouse I didn't see how AAA rated this restaurant as 4 diamond because I've personally experienced better service at Sizzler or Outback. I ordered a Ribeye and got a tenderloin in return. But I will admit that the waiters, hostesses, and bartenders do try their best. Big thumbs up to Luis at the bar by the cigar shop in the shopping center and Double Big thumbs up to Alfredo at the Buffet Restaurant, he was attentive, polite and a true professional. Here's a suggestion to clients of the Lindo; grab a map because many of the drivers of the so-called golf cart trolleys won't pick you up. You have a 50-50 chance; especially when you have two toddlers and a 72 year old mother-in-law. They will pass you by at the trolley stop or simply tell you "NO" Lastly if anyone is as unfortunate as my family to go to this resort when it rains be careful despite the beautiful tiles and the housekeeping staff who do try their best to keep the floors dry. You will bust you butt, the tiles are super slippery. My wife, her friend and myself slipped and busted our bottoms. If this was an American resort there would have been numerous slip and fall lawsuits. My advice to the resort buy floor runners. I didn't expect this resort to be the Ritz-Carlton or Sandals quality BUT I've experienced better customer experience ad service from Motel 6, Days Inn and Howard Johnson. Don't be fooled by the beautiful pictures, and competitive price, go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Building 52 & 53 are close proximity to one of their pools. But if you reserve a room in buildin...
6 Thank omar9852
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our resort.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience you experienced regarding our Front Desk service. Please rest assured we will look into this matter and verify that everyone is working up to standard and that our guests are being kindly and properly attended. We are also organizing specific training programs for our employees to achieve our aim, which is the complete satisfaction of our clients.

We regret any dissatisfaction regarding our bellboy services. We would like to add that you can also pre-program a ride with the Concierge and wait comfortably in your room until it arrives. However we would also like to inform you that we are working on improving our internal transportation.

Please be assured that we will follow up on the maintenance problems described, as well as all the issues you mentioned. We work towards our guests' satisfaction because it is the only way to be one of the top hotels in the area.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to change your point of view and prove to you our true commitment with guests’ satisfaction.

Best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Our family travels to Mexico almost every year. We typically go to the mid range resorts. We are on our last day here. The resort is beautiful. Clean, well laid out, not too big for us. We love that the Iberostar del Mar is also available to us. The beach is wonderful. Only a few rocky areas. Mostly soft white sand. The rooms are clean and nice. The beds and pillows are firm. I prefer soft mattresses and pillows, but firm beds/pillows seem to be typical in Mexico resorts. The Star Team is friendly and I have not had bad service from any of the employees. The food is the only "negative". Breakfast is wonderful. Typical buffet lunch items. Dinners are mediocre-below average. The Jambalaya restaurant was the only ala carte we thought was below standards. The coconut shrimp on the appetizer bar were delicious, but the main courses were so gross that we walked out (first time ever doing that). The bars and drinks were wonderful. We always asked for the top shelf liquor and enjoyed our drinks. The lobby bar has amazing cappuccino's.... ask for a cappuccino with Baileys.... Yum! The evening entertainment was the typical resort shows. Nothing outstanding, but entertaining enough :) Would I visit this resort again? Probably not. It is great for a one time visit. I recommend it, but there are resorts out there with the same great amenities, but better dining options. We will probably go back to the Grand Bahia Principe next time. That resort complex is amazing, great beach, and outstanding dining options. The only negative at GBP is the staff are not as friendly and outgoing as Iberostar. I guess it is about what is important to you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovemypug22
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your honest review about our resort.

We appreciate your comments about our staff; undoubtedly they are a very important part of our resort. Your comments are very important to us because we are able to know if are going on the right track.

We are sorry to know that you feel disappointed with our food; please know that our Executive Chef is always working on improving the different options offered at our buffets and A la Carte restaurants, so you can be sure that your feedback will be taken into consideration.

Concerning your comment about our beds, we keep a standard in all our beds when it comes to their firmness; nevertheless we offer toppers upon request to soften and make the bed more comfortable when needed. We have also the option of leaving extra pillows and extra blankets in the rooms whenever our guests desires. Attending to our guests’ requests, the new mattresses we are putting in the rooms are softer and have a pillow top.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again so that we may prove to you and your family our commitment with our guests´ satisfaction.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This resort is incredible. Absolutely beautiful. They keep the place immaculate, the rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable, the food is better than expected at the buffet. The best ala-carte is the Japanese, Mexican, & Gourmet restaurants. Go somewhere else for nightly entertainment. Maybe Iberostar Beach next door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Alan D
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Let us begin by thanking you for having chosen our resort to spend your vacation!

Our main goal is our guests’ satisfaction, so we are glad to hear that you have noticed our personalized service. We appreciate all the positive points you mentioned about our restaurants, rooms and our facilities in general.

We are really glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacations so much.

Thank you for your preference. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you and your family back for another great vacation!

Playa Paraiso
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

All of the food was sub-par. This was a major component of being average. My experience has been that cruises offer higher quality foods, if you are comparing vacations to the Caribbean. Plenty of variety on the buffets, and adequate selections for the restaurants. However, the food just wasn't good...it was average. The ice cream parlor was sub par...wish there was a place to put toppings on my ice cream. As for the rooms, they had damage to the walls, and the bathroom had cracks in the tub and tile. However, this wasn't a major concern to us because it was all aesthetics. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the staff was friendly. There was a limited variety of things to do on-site at night. They did have the dance club, which had a terrible DJ who played the same rhythms/beats over and over. They had a lounge bar by the lobby that was to our liking. A little quieter place to have drinks with the group. However, the piano located in the bar was missing a player. :( That would have been nice. Maybe karaoke, a movie, and/or hot tub option every night would have opened up the variety for on-site activities. Maybe a rock wall to climb, maybe even over the pool? Get creative.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for us for your recent holidays.

We are very sorry to read that you we could not met your expectations in regard to our food; we do know about the importance of this aspect of your stay and work hard to provide the best for our guests; we will send our Executive Chef your comments to take into account.

With respect to your comment about our activities at night and our DJ, please receive our apologies if some things were not of your liking; we have taken note of your recommendations and we can assure you that we will follow this up.

Please let us assure you that we will look into your specific points to make sure that our standards are being met at all times and that our guests feel pampered and well attended.
We hope we will have the opportunity to change your point of view in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
#39 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,277 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!