“Great Vacation!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Milltown, New Jersey
“Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was our 3rd year vacationing at the Lindo. It was wonderful. We have taken our friends with us on 2 or the 3 years, and they loved it also. The food isn't as good as it was the first 2 years, but the staff, entertainment, accommodations and service are all terrific! If you are a golfer, the course is magnificent and right on the premises! The Big Break played there last year. I would highly recommend vacationing here. We plan on returning again this year with our friends.

Room Tip: Building 53 is In the middle of the whole complex. Building 52 is also good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marion B
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and with the rest of the Tripadvisor readers how your third visit with us went, and of course, thank you for your loyalty!!

We are very proud to hear that one of our repetitive guests had another memorable stay; we work hard every day to provide our guests always the best, and thanks to your comments we can see what we do right and what could be improved. Your feedback on our cuisine will be reviewed by our Executive Chef.

Once again thank you very much for trusting us, we are confident that you will soon be with us again! We look forward to it.

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,036)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Still unpacking from our vacation at the Lindo. This review is coming from a mom of three older kids (9-14) and I must divulge that I am more "the glass is half empty" kind of person. We had a wonderful time on vacation. Here are my thoughts:
*Property is well kept and we enjoyed the large size of it. We've been to smaller resorts in Mexico and this one was the best as far as layout and size. We had to get two rooms in building 54 because we are a family of 5. One room was great, the other had small ants, the air conditioning did not work and the worst was the overwhelming smell of mold/mildew. After three days and obsessing that three of us were going to develop a lung disease, we requested another room. They asked no questions and sent us to the room next door, which was only slightly better. I realize this is a very humid, hot, climate, but there has to be something to prevent the mold build up. I do have to add that it was nice that the disco, night bars were at a distance from our room. I brought ear plugs but didn't need to use them. We didn't hear any of our neighbors in their rooms which was nice. The beds were firm, but fine. The housekeeping was great.
*Pools - Great pools, no need to even consider the wave pool or lazy river unless you have toddlers/preschoolers. The lazy river is completely still. It has no flow to it. We brought floaties for it but just used them in the regular pool.
*Staff - The majority of the staff, especially the waiters were very friendly. We always tipped at the buffet and the restaurants. The staff at the pool bar was rude and unfriendly. On the first day, after my youngest had ordered her 3rd or so drink, she commented that she felt they were getting mad at her. Maybe because she wasn't dropping a couple bucks for every slushy drink they poured. We do tip, but I don't want bad service if we don't - especially in the pool. Also, as an older female, I would count how many men could swim up to the bar and get served before they would approach me. I would try to make eye contact but would usually have to wait until one of the men would let them know I was there first.
*Food - Overall, pretty good. The buffet had a large selection and if nothing looked appealing, you can always have a salad. I preferred the Mexican food at the buffet. The desserts were a little strange - most of their desserts are gelatinous. Kids loved the ice cream and had several a day at the ice cream place above the pool bar. Due to one of our reservations getting cancelled, and missing another reservation, we only tried the Steakhouse, Mediterranean, and the Japanese. The Japanese was our favorite. I think you will be better off going into this knowing that they are cooking for large groups and you are not going to get a gourmet meal.
*Activities - We did not participate in the organized activities, mostly because my kids are pretty shy but for those that did it looked like fun.
*Beach/Reserving chairs - Maybe because we went at a non-peak time, we didn't have a terrible time with this. Also, we typically were up and at the beach by 8:30ish. If you are intent on getting a prime spot, then get up early.
*Towel cards - I've never been to a resort where you a given a towel card. If you lose your towel or card, you pay $25. First day, we set up some pool chairs, got in the pool for about 30 minutes and when we came back, someone had taken one of our towels.
*Bring plenty of sunscreen - the store at the resort sells some for $30 USD. Really?
*Shows - Wanted to go, but my husband and kids were exhausted from all the eating, drinking and sun by 9:30.
Overall, we had a nice time. I do believe this would be the perfect resort for families with small children. They have several pools, playgrounds and activities for little ones. We wouldn't return as we don't usually go back to the same place twice - been there, done that sort of thing. Hope this helps in any way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank famof52014
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing with us how your experience at our hotel was. All of our guests’ comments are very important to us as they help us to keep our service up to a high standard.

We are very concerned about your experience in the pool bar because we know that our staff is key for the experience of our guests, and we will look into it. Please be certain that we will follow up every mentioned aspect and as always, we will do our best to improve our service to avoid unhappy guests.

We also regret that you were unhappy with our towel card system. Many hotels in the area have to enforce this policy to have a better control of the towels used, in any case this feedback will be sent to our Housekeeping Department.

We apologize for the inconveniences encountered and really hope to have the chance to serve you once again to change your impression and provide you with excellent service we are used to.

Playa Paraiso
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

There were a few negative aspects of our trip that overall made this a poor experience for us when compared to some of our other vacations in Mexico.

1. We were initially placed in a building directly next to the resorts main stage. We didn't notice that until the show for the night kicked off around 8:00 pm which consisted of load music and banging drums. We called a few times and were told each time that it would end at a later time than the last time we called. Finally we had to pack up all of our stuff and go down to the lobby to request a new room. As expected at that point we were visibly upset and were told that if we did not calm down we would just have to live with the room that we had. After about 15 mins we were finally given a new room but had to spend the rest of vacation in a room with two beds which is not ideal for a married couple.

2. At the resort we all know all inclusive means all of your food and drinks are part of the vacation package. However, some people do not eat certain foods of drink certain beverages. I am one of those people. I do not drink hard alcohol but only drink beer so when I noticed that the lobby bar had a list of at least 5 or six different beers to choose from I was happy. The issue was that when I tried to order any of them they always told me that the only thing they had was Dos Equis. I tried to do this each day that we stayed there and got the same result each and every time. I'm not sure why you would put something on the menus that you never have available but for someone that is strictly a beer drinker this made the trip very disappointing.

3. We booked a trip for a snorkeling trip through the resort FunJet representative. When we purchased the trip we paid extra for the food and alcohol option. We were told that there would be alcoholic beverages available on the boat ride as well as during lunch which would all be provided. We were also told that we would be back to our resort by 1:00 pm. Well, when we got to the snorkel trip we were told that there would be no alcohol during the boat ride and would only get drinks during lunch once we returned. The equipment we received to go snorkeling was defective and the life jackets that were provided to myself and a friend both broke. When we returned and ate lunch we were told we could either have a beer or margarita and that was it. Due to the wait we each had one drink and that was it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Gregdisappointe... L
Dear guest,

First at all thank you for sharing your comments with us and with the tripadvisor readers.

We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your accommodations; we try to do our best to provide to our guests a great stay; we are really sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations and definitely for the staff's behavior you have described. This has been shared with management.

Regarding the choice of beer, we provide different kind of beers to our guests (Superior, Heineken, Sol, Sol Zero, XX and Ambar, among others), however when our guests require a beer that we do not have in our resort, we are more than happy to help them acquire them in nearby shops such as Puerto Morelos or Playa de Carmen. Please be sure that our Food & Beverages Manager will be informed about this. Our apologies for not meeting your expectations in this respect.

Regarding the situation mentioned about your tour, we regret the inconveniences caused. It is as an external company and independent of IBEROSTAR and therefore they have their own policies, however it is our concern to ensure that quality services are delivered to our mutual customers to achieve their complete satisfaction. We will share your complaint with their Area Manager.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you again to change your impressions of you recent stay with us.

Warm regards,
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Iberoster Parisio Lindo is a good resort. What I liked: A 20 minute drive from the airport, very welcoming staff who continued to be so friendly and accomadating our entire stay. We had a room on the second floor of building 53, large spacious bathroom and main bedroom which includes a sofa, tables and chairs and roomy deck. We left tips of $2-5 each day and had lots of towels, water and beer left daily. I would avoid building 55 due to noise from the night time show and building 50 as it smells musty. My favourite buildings are 52 and 53, second floor. Overall, if you are ok with walking everything is well positioned in this resort. Beach is wavy which we loved. Kids MUST be with an adult while they are in the water. Go down before breakfast to leave your towel to reserve a shady spot. Bar staff at the beach very attentive (keep tipping, and they are very good to you.)
The pools are very large, clean and warm. We were with a wedding party of 35, 1 yr to 87years and everyone found a pool for them. Kids loved the wave pool with gradual entry, the playground and kids club. Entire resort always clean and we all felt safe.
Star Friends and shows. Did not really interest me much, although I did play volleyball on the beach. Lots of guest certainly enjoyed activities, more the 18-25 crowd. I found the evening shows a bit cheesy.
Food and drinks. The buffet restaurant was by far the best pick. Those in our group tried the Steak, Mediterranean, Cajun, Mexican and Japanese A La Carte restaurants. None were particularly good or better than the buffet restaurant. In the shopping centre across the street there is a Taco spot that is excellent and included in your bracelet as well as an ice-cream shop, a short walk from the front of the lobby. Drinks: rooms were stocked daily with water, beer and soft drinks. We removed the soft drinks from our fridge and asked it be stocked only with beer and water. If you want hard liquor in your room, you must bring your own. There is a liquor store in the shopping centre across the street. They have Corona there too! I found the white and red wine that was served with meals to be cheap, but I'm a bit fussy about my wine. for $60 USD you can buy a good bottle of wine, but I found this a bit steep. Coffee was middle of the road. I had brought some Starbucks instant, but didn't need to use it.
What I wish I brought: a small purse on a cord or chain for evenings for my room key and tips and plastic sandals for the beach and pool.
What I did not like: the wine, the A La Carte restaurants, and that 80% of our group of 35 ppl got sick at some point, despite 20% of us taking anti viral medication before we left. Also the lobby is constantly sprayed with air freshner so strong that even if you are not sensitive to perfume it is bothersome. If you are sensitive to fragrances you should avoid this resort entirely. Overall I thought the resort good but I would not return, I'm just not a resort type person, I like more adventure when I travel.

Room Tip: Buildings 52, 53, 54 are centrally located. Ask for 2nd floor, more secure and less chance of being...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Martha37_13
Dear guest,

Let us begin by extending our sincere appreciations to you for choosing our resort to spend your vacation and for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your honest opinion of your stay.

It is encouraging to hear that our service, food and various staff members worked hard to make your trip even more memorable and that as a team we were able to meet your expectations during your vacation in Mexico.

We are sorry about your discomfort of our food and beverages; and we also feel sorry that some of your group got sick during your visit, however, please let us add that IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts work very strictly to follow the internal and external hygiene regulations. Our hotel has a specific Health & Safety department which works in association with consultancy of an independent company who is in charge of verifying our hygiene procedures, the state and temperature of our food and to discard to presence of any bacteria or viruses. We hope everyone feels better now.

Your comment about the air freshener in the lobby got our attention and this has been sent to our Housekeeping Department. We would not want our guests to feel overwhelmed by this when it is a place where they should feel comfortable and relaxed. Thank you for that remark.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again in the near future; we will be more than glad to serve you.

Warm regards,
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the resort with our group of 7- 4 adults and 3 children. The resort was very clean, staff was attentive and friendly. We used the babysitting service and were very satisfied. One suggestion would be to bring any inflatable type toys from home because they are very expensive to buy on the property. Also, the business center was VERY slow- we ended up getting our money back because in half an hour we couldn't complete our online check in. The a la carte restaurants were also a bit misleading- the buffet had better tasting food, although the Japanese and French were pretty good. Pretty minor complaints compared to all the great things the resort had going on!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank deblohr
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us about how your holidays went at our resort.

We are pleased you were happy with our facilities and with our staff; especially with our babysitting service. We do our best to make our guests feel very comfortable during their stay.

Your feedback about our restaurants will be shared with our Executive Chef. Our aim is for you to have a very special experience at all our restaurants so all our guests' comments are reviewed.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we hope to have the opportunity to be able to offer you our hospitality again at IBEROSTAR.

Warm Regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We spent 1 full week at the Lindo. Upon arrival the welcome was very nice. They served us a drink and where able to give us our room immediately at 12:00. This is a very huge complex their are 5 hotels. We were very happy that we stayed at the Lindo. I wouldn't of stayed at the Maya because their is no difference you are sharing the same pool and the same beach. Now prepare yourself to walk. The grounds are so beautiful. Peacocks, roaming, fountains and so clean. The hotel is very pretty and peaceful. Very very clean. The room was great you have a nice size closet with shelves inside. You had a small table with chairs and a sofa bed. Their was a bureau with a few drawers which was fine. We stayed in 5371 on the 3rd floor. Great location. Right by the pool and not far from the beach. Their are no elevators. I took the 3rd floor cause do not like the lizards but their wasn;t any so 2nd floor would have been fine too. The exercise doesn;t hurt. The bathroom was spacious. Bring your own blow dryer that one wasn't strong. We had enough towels everyday. Their is a safe in your room and a mini fridge stocked with breverages and water. Our ac wasn't strong so we asked to lower it they said it was a by-law we asked again and they lowered it. You are given a concierge whom is at each building you ask and they will help you. A big thank you to Rosanna she was so so helpful to us. Balcony had a table with 2 chairs as well and a small type of cord line to dry your stuff. The pool was huge. Lots of kids around and young adults. The wave pool was nice too. Their was another quiet pool as well. The lazy river was nice but they never had any floaters. I suggest that you bring your floaters from home because they are extremely expensive there. You can use them in the pool and in the ocean. Little hint people whom bought them and went home would leave them at night by the pool piled up. I borrowed one and returned it there for someone else to continue using. The beach and pool are not close about a 10min. walk. You have to walk through a little forest. Where you will see the Coaties (do not feed them) they become a little wild and follow you. The beach is beautiful you can walk for a long time. It is a large beach as well. Get up early and save your Hut (7:00am) because they were all taken. The water was quite rocky the first few days so be careful but the last days we were there it was amazing. I sat there with my floater. Their is a snack bar that serves hamburgers and hotdogs tacos & cheese everyday the same thing. That could have been a little different. Their is one washroom. Their is people whom give massages on the beach try it. Their is a bar. The bartenders where amazing. They served you drinks but they didn't come around often enough. The restaurants where great. You have 2 buffets one near the beach the other near the lobby. The lobby one had more variety. The French, Brazilian, Medeteraine, The steak house the cajun all great. The cajun you must try the calamari and the coconut shrimp excellent. The steak house the manager their Aleandro is amazing. This man should get an award he didn't know what to give us. He always had a smile on his face and truly amazing. The medeterain's manager Manuel another Gem to the Lindo. We had a problem with our reservation (misunderstanding) he took us immediately and what a service. Another gem to the Lindo. He was in the Buffet every morning and it was a blessing to see him. As for the entertainement Thumps up for Brenda she was so so sweet and always smiling. And Havier what a nice person. Also always so pleasant. They work so so hard. The rest of the entertainment we didn't know but they were always pleasant. They came on the beach and entertained and they where at the pool and of course the nightly shows. The nightly shows where good. They had some evenings that involved the guest which where great. Sometimes those are the funniest. Lots of kids around so they kept them clean. Overall this was a beautiful complexe and I would visit it again and I would stay at the Lindo. Suggest to tip the waiters please. NOt many people where tipping. They do not make alot of money this can help them. Thanks to all of the staff they where amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for building no. 52 or 53 those are the best spots.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank AngelsRus2011
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the General Manager, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that our grounds, our restaurants (The French, Mediterranean, The steak house and the Cajun Jambalaya), our pools, our service and all our facilities in general were of your liking. We will congratulate Mr. Alejandro, Manuel and Mrs. Rosanna and Brenda for the excellent service provided during your visit.

We would like to add that the A/C in the rooms is set at a certain temperature to follow Green Globe recommendations for energy saving and thus, preserve the environment, however, we can adjust the temperature for those guests who are not comfortable with said set temperature.

We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel and give you the excellent service that you and your family deserve.

Best Regards,
LaSalle, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I were encouraged to "try another resort for comparison". Last year my wife and I went to Iberostar Bravaro in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We decided that the Paraiso Lindo sounded ideal for what we wanted. We are both retired teachers, so the idea of life without children was not attractive.
Check In was a bit slow, but we were behind a large group attending a wedding. The couple was so cute. No big deal for us "old folks", we've been married 41 years. It brought back memories.
My MAIN reason for writing this review was to recognize a young lady who took the time to look out for me. My wife and I had reservations at the Mediterranean restaurant. The waiter seated us and recommended several entrees, including the surf and turf. I mentioned that I was allergic to lobster so I would choose something else. A few minutes later he returned to our table with Chef Fernanda. She inquired about my allergy and the extent of my reactions. She then assured me that my meal would be prepared nowhere a place where there might be lobster. My wife had the surf and turf. In 65 years of dining I have NEVER had such care taken. Whether this is a policy or Chef Fernanda's, I don't know but I appreciate it so much.
If the Management is reading this, please, recognize this young lady. She is the reason I will remember and recommend the resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 50. Convenient to food, pool, and beach. A long away from reception and thea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dan Z
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo with other Trip Advisor readers.

We are very proud to hear that the waiter and the Chef Fernanda attended you like you deserve. It is indeed a policy but team members like her make a big difference. Please be sure your compliments will be passed on to her and the Executive Chef; this will certainly be very motivational. Thank you!

We apologize about the slow check-in. This comment has been sent to the Front Desk Manager to organize resources differently in the future.

We look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you once again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,632 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!