“Great get away”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the paraiso lindo for a wedding. The ceremony was on the beach early evening followed by a reception on beach. Amazing! The buffet food was plentiful and tasteful. Staff went out of their way to make this a glorious experience. Check it out you shouldn't be disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Papisgirl
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review for our hotel, we are happy that your stay was very pleasant.

We are very glad that you enjoyed the wedding celebration and that our delicious food was of your agreement; our main goal is to offer the best holiday experiences to our guests, and reading this kind of reviews make us feel happy.

With your most recent trip to Iberostar being so pleasurable, we hope you will be staying again at our hotel and therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,037)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

First let me start this review by saying I came onto Trip Advisor before leaving for this trip to see what the rest of the community thinks of the resort. By the end of the first 10 reviews or so it was apparent the community was split down the middle between bad/good. This led me to go into my experience at the Lindo with a bit of a negative attitude because for the price we were paying, there should be nothing negative said. Let's just say, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
This resort was absolutely phenomenal. We stayed at the Lindo (which can be considered resort 3/5 based on price) and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the entrance way/beginning of the resort is set up. The vibe is very clean and Caribbean, with most of the main shops and entry ways over water. The only negative I have about this whole area of the resort is the big circular fish tank in the main bar was tinted green as if it was not clean. It was small reoccurrences like the green fish tank that would lead me to give this resort a 4.5/5 if I truly had to rate it based off my own scale and not an inflated travel sites. (And I will be mentioning any negatives throughout this review).
Resort Staff - Every single person that worked at the result was great. They all were overwhelmingly helpful and I didn’t have a negative experience with a single one. Since my girlfriend and I are a younger couple we spent a lot of time at the bar or on the beach. All the people who brought us drinks were quick and easy to find. There were always plenty of people serving you and there was never too much of a wait. As for the “Starz” staff that put on the entertainment, I can honestly say they are some of the most talented and outgoing people we’ve come across. It seemed as they were always giving people something to do, whether it was water aerobics or volleyball games. They all spoke at least two languages fluently and were a bunch of fun to be around. They really set a good tone for the trip, especially since it rained 5/7 days that we were there. The concierge for each building was very convenient, especially since the “information” line from the room didn’t know anything. But you should only use your assigned concierge anyway, since they can help you with everything you need.
Rating: 5/5
Food: The buffets were never busy or crowded, and even the dinners with reservations never had full rooms. They accommodated us if we needed an earlier time the day of as well. It’s important to use your concierge for reservations though, don’t expect to get your desired times the day of. The buffets had a wide assortment of food, and there was always something for everyone. They didn’t change the food much from day to day, but again there are plenty of options available at all the buffets. Breakfast as well was full of everything you needed from the fresh fruits to the omelet guys. The dinners had smaller menus but all the food was very good. Surprisingly the worst restaurant was the steakhouse, and everywhere else had better steak than the actual specialty restaurant. I highly suggest the Seafood option at the Beach Resort. Overall the food was very good but I wouldn’t consider it top of the line.
Food: 4/5
Drinks: The drinks were always very good. A lot of the fruitier mai tai’s and Miami Vice type drinks were definitely shorter on alcohol, but that’s always the way it is. I’m not very into high end type alcohols so that’s not my expertise, but it was nice to drink Grey Goose, Johnny Walker, and 1800 in my drinks. It led to less hangovers and better tasting drinks.
Drinks: 4/5
Entertainment: I already touched on this; the Starz entertainment staff was spectacular. I thought the shows were at the perfect time (9:30) and ended between 10:30 and 11 based on which show. The Lindo stage was gigantic. It seated so many people as well as looked so nice. The props, quality, and singers were great. There was also another smaller (but not small) stage at the Beach/Del Mar side and they ran the same shows on different days. They also debuted a Rock Show while we were there and it was awesome. Good job guys! There was always something to do every half hour of the day.
Entertainment: 5/5
Cleanliness: The resort was always being cleaned at all times of the day. The pools were cleaned both in the morning and at night. There were not many random cups spread throughout the resort. The beach was clean away from the tide with very good sand. There was a decent amount of random garbage that would wash up on the shoreline. The resort does a pretty good job cleaning up this garbage and the weeds that wash up shore, but when you walk north or south of the beach it’s much more extensive. It must be from the cruise ships or because it’s a tourist location because there is A LOT. The restaurants are always clean and they clean the tables quickly. The “jungle” does bring in some debris and makes it a bit musty in the closer rooms if it’s wet out. There’s not much you can do about that though.
Cleanliness: 4/5
Room: The room was pretty basic, nothing over the top. It did smell a bit musty when we got there but after a few hours of the open door and a/c running it went away. I do see a lot of people talking about mold in the rooms on here, and I made sure to check that out and I didn’t find a lot. There was a very little bit on the bathroom door, but honestly it’s jungly and hot, there’s some of that to be expected. The TV was okay, mostly Spanish channels. The bed was extremely hard and we needed a mattress pad after the first night. It’s worth mentioning we did ask the concierge to get us it on the first night twice, and it never showed up. We had to ask again the next day. The room service definitely lacked a menu. If you didn’t want pizza, a salad, or chicken nuggets, don’t even both with it. Either way, very basic and mediocre room.
Room: 3/5
Overall: The resort was incredible. I can only imagine the logistics behind running one of these resorts, but this Iberostar in particular does a good job at it. They had everything you could want there, and everyone was so incredibly nice. The resort is in the middle of nowhere and the cities are at least 20 minutes away, so they did a good job building a compound that you really don’t have to leave. Every night they bring in vendors that sell anything you would find in the city. The size of the complex is gigantic, there are 5 resorts all connected. There is also a cool mall that is built behind them that has shops and the best tacos I’ve ever had. All of the food and bars in that mall are included in your stay. There is a night club that is open until 3am but it is in dire need of a makeover…It’s really nice but Star Wars themed. Come on Iberostar really? The beach is nice and big, there are a lot of chairs but many are unavailable due to the towel game everyone plays by saving seats. It takes a good 5-10 minutes to walk from some of the rooms to the beach so be prepared for that. I highly recommend this for anyone from a couple like we were, to families with kids. You won’t ever be bored or disappointed.
Overall 4.5/5
Some quick Pros:
The mall – it added a lot of extra things to do
Starz Entertainment – always incredible
Size of the resort
Concierges in each building
plenty of restaurants and bars
Overall decorations especially at night

Some quick cons:
The hot tubs were not hot, just pool water. Rather annoying.
Hard Beds
Green Fish tank
multiple calls for items to the front desk that never showed up
No boogie boards
not really any snorkeling in this area unless you pay
terrible decorations in the night club. Very childish

Room Tip: If you like the beach, ask for a room by the beach. If you want to be more towards the lobby and ent...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
15 Thank MWierzba
Coldwater, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We started out staying at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar and upgraded to the Lindo. There are Five Iberostar hotels that are all next to each other and are adjoined by side walks. The Del Mar is the lowest of rating, then the Beach, next you have the Lindo, then Maya and finally the Grand. The higher you go in rating the better the food and more choices for dinning places. Beautiful hotel, very nice beach, food not great. Expect to walk, property is very large. My Flip Flops were not support enough for all the walking.

11 Thank Mstreets21
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear customer,

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback like yours, and on behalf of the entire team here at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for taking such care in detailing your vacation experience for all the readers on this medium.

We regret any dissatisfaction regarding the size of our resort. Some guests love the long walk around our beautiful grounds and other guests prefer to take a ride. We have a train going back and forth and we also have golf carts with our bell boys. You can also pre-program a ride with the Concierge and wait comfortably in your room until it arrives.

We will pass your comments on the food on to our Executive Chef.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of serving you at our resort again either at our Paraiso Lindo or any of our sister resorts. Thank you for giving us your point of view.

Kind regards,
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at the Lindo from Dec. 22 - 29...Everything starting with the transfer to the hotel thru check-in was so smooth...rooms were exactly where and what we had requested...in fact I was upgraded to a honeymoon suite with a Jacuzzi on the patio...the grounds with their little creatures were fabulous...the staff are the best group of people you will find...nice touch having the concierge at each building so no lining up for dinner reservations...normally I am not a fan of the ala carte restaurants, however these were fabulous....if I have a complaint it is the standard one about the towel game....have to say it gets very tedious...I did notice there were signs posted everywhere which was great because after you moved a towel all you had to do was point and shrug...my family and I would love to come back...in fact wish we were there now!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

4 Thank rhondalmc
Dear guest,

On behalf of the General Manager at our resort, please allow us to express our genuine gratitude for choosing our resort for your Caribbean experience.

Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciate your recognition to our resort and we are happy that we could meet your expectations. Your comments regarding the excellent service providing by our staff will certainly motivate them!

In regard to your comment about the towel game, we are sorry that you had to endure it; however is important to mention that our management is working very hard to reinforce this rule; the entire team of Iberostar will appreciate that if you see that somebody occupies a sun bed for hours without even being there, to please inform any of them and they will pass on the information to the people in charge to solve it.

Once more thank you for your preference and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We are a family of 5 with kids 7,5 and 5 and stayed in Playa Paraiso for two weeks between Dec. 26th and Jan. 9th.
We mainly chose Lindo, because of good reviews at Tripadvisor.
However we were not satisfied at all with the quality of rooms and service.
First we were given a ground floor room in the building 55. The room was very close to the theater were all the activities take place. Please try to avoid this building, if you are not a party person, because it is not possible to sleep until 1am.
Another problem in this room was the ants, which came into the room as well.
After first night we requested to have another room. We were given a third floor room in building 54. The room was in terms of noise ok, but that was just all positive. We had a connected room with our kids. The kids room was quite ok, but ours with my wife was a disaster. The room was stinking, because of the moisture and that had caused mold on the wall and bathroom. We wanted to change the room right away, but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and we had to wait until the Jan. 2nd. Another tip I want to mentionis that, please do not count on the porters to come and help you with the luggage. I asked three times for help and after 55 min. I tooked the baggage by myself to the new room.
A great help and just about the only person, who was helping us to get new rooms in the next door Iberostar Maya was the front desk manager in Lindo, Mrs. Evlin.
After checking our Lindo rooms, she upgraded us to Maya. I do not understand at all that the rating for Lindo is better than Maya. The Maya rooms are bigger, better and modern. So we moved to Maya and please check my next review in Maya from Jan. 2nd to Jan. 9th, 2014.

Room Tip: Building 53 good, close to pools. Avoid ground floors. Dont expect service in this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tviherkoski
Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your vacations. It was a pleasure to have hosted you.
We are sorry you were not happy with your accommodations; we completely understand your discomfort. Your comments will be reviewed with our maintenance team and our housekeeping department in order to work together to solve these issues.

We apologize about the lack of service of our bellboys; when we are in high season we advise our guests to request the service at least thirty minutes in advance to avoid delays, however our Front desk Manager has been informed to take it into account.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of serving you at our resort again. Thank you for giving us your point of view.

Warm regards,
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Our family of 6 people had a great stay at Paraiso Lindo; We went from Dec 22-29th. We were surprised at how quiet the resort was for over the holidays; We were happy with our room, it was very clean and ; althought the beds are a little hard; The food was good, buffets had something for everyone including our picky 4 year old neice; Christmas Eve buffet was a huge hit with lots of special items including lobster tails and lots of fancy desserts! A la Carte's were great! Staff was amazing! All outdoor areas and pools were kept clean and always looked great;

2 Thank sjlkdm
Dear client,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent vacation in Mexico. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the services provided at the hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed all of our resort, mainly of our rooms, service, and your Christmas Eve in our buffet.

Once again thank you for your preference and for writing this review on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards,
Iberostar Mexico.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I just stayed at the Ibeterostar Lindo for a week and absolutely loved our time! The resort is beautiful and the service is beyond amazing! Every night they put on a high quality performance enjoyable for all ages. We felt nothing but comfort our entire stay. We also loved Diego, a member of the entertainment team!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

3 Thank rweigand
Dear guest,

Let us begin by thanking you for having chosen our resort to spend your vacation! Also, thank you very much for your review.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our resort and our service, we are very happy to hear that we could meet your expectations; likewise Mr. Diego will be shown your mention of him; it will surely motivate him.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,636 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!