“Fantastic Vacation”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got back from Mayan Riviera and stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. I was a little nervous going in August due to what I had heard about the weather, however it turned out to be extremely pleasant and the few hot days that we had were spent in and around the water.

The resort itself was extremely well maintained and I had no complains about the rooms, cleanliness or location. I thought the food could have been better, however I had quite a bit of dietary restrictions so couldn't really try everything. The themed restaurants were pretty good. The "El Rodizio" was the favourite restaurant, followed by Japanese and Cajun.

The entertainment team was great and the night shows were pretty spectacular. We tried to book the ala-cartes at 6:30 or 7 so that we could make it to the theatre and get decent seats. The staff were very friendly and always eager to assist. We had kids and they loved the kids club. The best part was that the staff at the kids club would take them swimming and even feed them. At the Maya/Lindo they would even keep them in the evening from 6-10pm if we wanted to go for a meal alone.

The beach was gorgeous and the water was azul blue. We had a couple of days where it was rough and choppy but we still enjoyed the beach a lot.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone as it caters to both families and couples and would go back in a heartbeat.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you on behalf of the General Manager for choosing Iberostar as your vacation destination. In addition, we are most certainly grateful for the time you have taken to share with us and fellow travelers, your opinion of your holiday at our resort.

We are extremely proud to know that you had a memorable experience; we take care of our facilities to offer our guests the star experience they deserve.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our resort and that you enjoyed our staff kindness, just as you enjoyed our beautiful Caribbean Sea and pool areas.

We really appreciate the constructive comments about our resort, thank you for giving us your point of view.

Best regards,
Iberostar Mexico.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I and my two children 14 and 4 years old enjoyed our stay A LOT ! After 9 days there no one wanted to go back home. Since day one we were adventures and tried so many activities! My advice - especially for families with teenagers - get them involved in Star Friends frenzy . It is fun, makes them move , be active and enjoy a company of their own and learn how to socialize , instead sitting and checking their iPhones every 30 seconds.
My little one was 1(!) month shy of 4 yo, so, no Kids Club for him, which was sad..., but we found something else to do and spent wonderful time together by swimming in a sea and pool and water park ! I,personally, liked food in the buffet , not so much in A la carte restaurants - nothing special... ( el Fagon - is the worst ) , some of them not allowed kids in, so, we passed. The Map was outdated and we had to ask for direction to Mexican Restorant numerous times before finding it , Japanese one was not on the map at all, had to ask for directions again...
Internet - works in a lobby (Lindo) and on the beach - use the one from Iberostar Grand Hotel :).
We were VERY pleased with room cleaning service - impeccable ! My little one had a wet accident one night ( too much tomato juice ! ) , everything was handled with no questions asked... Clean , fast, beautiful - little towel creature with rose petals on top ! My hear brush, tooth paste, soap and razor were arranged in a towel with such a beautiful design and rose petals - we took a picture !
Now some suggestions: Provide belts for the bath robes. Put more blue rubber rugs for people who leaving theater after rain ( saw some serious slips and falls ). Make Teen Club more appealing for teenagers ( it was closed during day time ), make teens involved in the Star Friends activities - stage something together for evening show, for example. Put foto booth with an instant foto for family fun - with ability to send pictures to cell phone or Facebook page. Make Internet available throughout the whole resort , even send some alerts about activities with Star Friends...
Overall - love it ! " Homesick ? Are you kidding me?"

2  Thank Ameraz99

Dear guests,

Please allow us to express our sincere appreciations not only for choosing our resort to spend your vacations with us, but also for taking the time to send your comments about your holiday at Iberostar.

We are glad that your holiday has been special for you; this type of comments motivates us to provide an excellence service.

We thank you very much for your wonderful suggestions. Please rest assured that they will be passed along to the respective department managers.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to having you back here in the near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just returned home from a great vacation at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on an all inclusive 6 day. I recommend this hotel because of the staff at the front desk, Alfonso who helped me get the right room to accomidate my hip replacement. Juan who was the most gracious of hosts and to the diligent drivers of the electric carts and their help. They have a caring staff at this vacation paradise.
I enjoyed the food although watch out for the salsa it has a bite. Our room was spotless every day and a caricture was on our bed at the end of the day, which always brought a smile. Carlos from the Travel agency was more than helpful to get us on special without a problem. I want to thank the staff for a great time and the chefs for the delicious foods, 5011

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN W

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and for taking the time to share your review about your experience.

We are glad that your holiday has been special for you and your family; this type of comments motivates us to provide an excellence service. We will forward your comments to Alfonso & Juan, they will be more than glad to know that they made feel you feel happy during your visit.

Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciate it. We hope to serve you again in the next future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at the Lindo Aug. 15th- Aug. 22nd. It was a family trip including my 2 sons ages 16 and 20. Check in went fast and smooth with a free upgrade to a suite for both rooms. We were placed next door to each other within a stones throw of the swimming pool. Great location! While the hotel complex itself was vast and spread out it still felt very crowded, it being busy summer travel season and all. There were many families with small children, and while being a mom I can relate to vacationing with kids, I found the constant crowds of small children huddled around the swim up bar ordering virgin drinks annoying. It was very difficult to get a real cocktail there. If this would bother you, than choose a different resort. I have stayed at many all-inclusives in the Dominican Republic in the past and have never felt crowded there even during peak travel times. The beach was nice but not enough shade. If you burn easily, then you better get up by 7 a.m. and reserve a beach hut, because if you wait, there won't be any available. The hotel frowns on this, but what is a person to do? Sit out in the blistering hot sun all day without shade? The pool wasn't much better with providing shade. Once again, you needed to reserve early. The wildlife was amazing and a real source of entertainment for our family. The coatis are adorable and friendly and always willing to do a "trick" for a fruitloop or two!
There was also a very cute cat named Oscar who hung out by the pool near the restaurant everyday. If you go, please look for him, he is very friendly and tame.

The food at this resort was very good. Better than a lot of all inclusives. Lots of variety and all well prepared. The ice cream at the ice cream parlour was amazing. We ate it every day! Service at the buffet was good, but not always consistent. Sometimes at breakfast we would get coffee in 2 min. sometimes we had to practically flag somebody down. Not all waiters were created equal, it seems. The Mariachi band at dinner was a nice touch.

We only ate at one specialty restaurant, the Japanese. Our chef, Alberto, was excellent. He did stunts with the cookware that I've never seen before, and I've eaten at a lot of hibachi style restaurants before. He was amazing, and the food was pretty good too.

The rooms were more than comfortable, except for the weird vacuum looking hairdryer that was in my room. A bit inconvenient to have to go next door to my kids room to use a real hairdryer. Other than that, though, very nice accommodations. The one unique thing was the concierge that was in each building that was there day and night to help you with any or everything you might need. An extra blanket. A dinner reservation. They handled it all and were very helpful. A brilliant idea and the first time I've seen it done, even at other Iberostars.

All in all a very good vacation. I would recommend this resort and Mexico to others, however be aware, if you're looking for peace and tranquility, then this might not be the place for you! (In August anyway)

Room Tip: rooms in building 51 are poolside and very convenient to the beach.
3  Thank nicole t
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear client,

Let us begin by thanking you for having chosen our resort to spend your vacation! Also, thank you very much for your fantastic review.

Our main goal is the full satisfaction of our guests. We aim to impress our guests with our well kept grounds and the quality of food, beverages, and activities; and of course with our wonderful staff. We are also happy to read that you enjoyed our Japanese restaurant.

We apologize about the situation you described with your hair dryer; we will pass your comment on to our Housekeeping Department so that in the future different hair dyer models are considered. We would also like to mention that our Public Relations Department or Front Desk is also happy to help when our guests present concerns.

Thank you for your very complete and constructive feedback. It will for sure help us to improve our service. We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hello, First of all I would like to say that we have stayed at many places in the Mayan Riviera and would like to say the best place so far has been Barceló Colonial and Barceló Palace. However on to the review of the Iberostar.

Check in - was quick and Painless.

Rooms- Here is where the nightmare began - Our first room as soon as we walked in we noticed a lot of dark spots on the beds (ants) then we noticed them on the counter where the coffee maker was as well as in the washroom. The curtains to the patio had blood stains on them with died bugs, and the hair dryer in the washroom was broken. I went downstairs to the rep in our building and they wanted to fumigate the room which with a child in our room I said no! They then were quick to set us up in another room which still had ants on the counter where the coffee machine was not on the bed, however the TV did not work, the fridge did not work and ceiling fan was hanging by it's electrical wires. Back for another visit to Nicholas our rep in the building and he quickly tried to fix everything, we got comp champagne and strawberries for our troubles. We just could not stand the ants and asked to be moved to the Maya section of the resort which was $40.00 a night upgrade nice room but still ants in the same area which I sprayed with bugs spray this helped for a few days.

Food: I have to say that the food was ok and always the same thing. Some days we seen items in the breakfast buffet that was at the prior nights buffet. Example: Mozza Sticks.

Speciality Restaurants: We enjoyed the steak house, and went to the Japanese the show was nothing special and out of the 18 people that were at our table no one gave a tip, the reason for this was the waiter spilling water on my husband and then spilling water on a ladies cell phone and not even a sorry he just walked away. Then the chef was so messy that the food that was been cooked was all over the table. The food was ok.

Beach - The beach was very rough, and did not look pretty at all. However if you choose to go to this property please ask when they release the turtles into the ocean, that was the highlight of our trip.

The Pools - we found the pools to be big and the kids did like the wave pool as well as the lazy river not very clean tough. We did have a private pool located at the Maya building 63 sections and that was clean and fine.

One thing that we have to say about this property is that overall the staff were very nice.

Overall would I return to this hotel - not at all. I will be going back to the Barceló's because their properties are so clean, food is excellent, the beach and the pool are much better then the Iberostar.

4  Thank pepsimagic

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent stay in Mexico.

We are glad to hear that your children enjoyed our lazy river & the waves’ pool. Also, thank you for your recognition about our staff.

On the other hand, we regret hearing that you were disappointed with your stay at Iberostar Paraíso Lindo. We deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction and we will certainly share your comments with all the respective department managers in order to avoid any other negative opinions.

We are sorry to read about the discomfort you had at the restaurant, however we guarantee that this is definitely not a true description of our standards of operation and certainly not the typical experience of our guests.

With respect to incidents that you had in your room, we apologize about the inconvenience. Our Maintenance department will be informed. We would like to add that when our guests present concerns during their stay, our team gathers efforts to resolve the problem as soon as possible so that our guests’ stay is as pleasant as possible. We would also like to inform you that the hotel has a weekly fumigation program in rooms and a daily program in common areas to keep insects (ants, mosquitoes) away from rooms and patios.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to change your point of view regarding the above mentioned services so we may prove to you our commitment to exceptional customer service and satisfaction; which we improve day after day thanks to our guests’ feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Best regards,
Quality manager

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hey everyone,

So I just back back from my wedding week in Iberostar Lindo, and decided that I wanted to post a review about my trip. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking and I couldn't have asked for a better hotel to have it in.

First and foremost; the hotel is HUGE, if you don't like to walk and this isn't the hotel for you, the grounds are beautiful and well kept but the walk from the lobby to the beach is a good 10 minutes. One positive thing I want to say about the hotel is that there is always something going on, from pool aerobics to volleyball, pool games and etc, its hard to get bored while staying here.

Food: The food was good, it wasn't absolutely amazing but definitely good enough, the breakfast buffet is pretty much the same everyday and same goes for lunch, I would definitely recommend making reservations for the restaurants, I actually liked them all and would say they all have something different to offer.

Room; The room was spacious. The beds were very hard. I believe you were allowed to ask for a mattress topper but I figured it didn't matter already. The only con about the rooms is that there were always little bugs crawling around the walls and the floors of the bathrooms, they resembled ants but they were smaller.

Beach; The beach was beautiful, the sand was clean. The waves were crazy while we were here. I would recommend swimming in front of the grand hotel because its not as rocky.

Wedding; the wedding was amazing!! I wanted to thank my wedding coordinator Lily for helping me plan my special day, everything was as asked for and we are truly grateful for this. The weather was amazing =) I also could recommend DJ BOB if anyone is planning on having an event in this hotel, he was awesome and my party was dancing all night. We used a local Rabbi " Stephen Spiegel", he conducted our ceremony and it was beautiful.

Overall, my trip was definitely a success, 41 people stayed at the hotel for the wedding and are all so happy. We had a blast

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lndg7

Dear friend,

On behalf of the Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Your fabulous experience may encourage other travelers to choose us as their wedding destination in Mexico.

It gives us a great deal of satisfaction reading that we have been successful in providing you with an outstanding vacation and are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our rooms, food, facilities and last but not least the excellent service delivered by our staff, we will forward your comments to Ms. Lily (our wedding coordinator) & to D.J. Bob.

With respect to your comment about the insects; we would like to inform you that the hotel has a weekly fumigation program in rooms and a daily program in common areas to keep insects (ants, mosquitoes) away from rooms and patios. But in cases where guests report any additional problem, we assist them right away and follow up during the week to make sure the insects stay away.

Once more thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great all-inclusive resort. Service is A+, rooms are clean and plenty of fresh towels. Complimentary robes, soda, beer, water in fridge. Hotel staff is pleasant and very helpfull. Pool and beach area very nice and clean.

1  Thank tsimba9

Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent vacation in Mexico. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the services provided at the hotel.

We are extremely proud to know that we have contributed to our guests’ happiness. Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciate your recognition to our service. Your comments regarding the kindness and effectiveness of our staff will also go far way in encouraging our team.

We hope that you do come back to the Paraiso Lindo, it would be a real pleasure to serve you again.

Warm regards,

Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#68 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!