This was our second visit to the Lindo. We were there in August 2011. We had originally booked into the Beach section but upgraded upon arrival after being offered a good deal as repeat guests.
The Lindo is a nice resort with lots to do for families. We were centrally located in Building 53-- which is about half way between beach and the Lobby. Room is average--but always cleaned and well presented.
I was disappointed that we were no longer able to use two of the restaurants in the maya section ( the Lindo has created their own steakhouse, mediterranean--which are located in the poolside breakfast and lunch buffet) The food was fine but the atmoshpere not nearly the same as the ala carte from the Maya that we had previously enjoyed. Main buffet was good - always lots of choice. Gourmet was our favorite ala carte, Brazilian was also quite good. I also wish more flexibility could occur when making ala carte reservations- your choice was 6:30, 7:00---then 8:30 or 9:00pm --we rarely saw many people in any of the ala cartes ( ate at 8:30pm) This was a bit later then we wanted, but liked to stay on beach until at least 6--so the early times were a little rushed
Concierge Nicholas was extremely helpful! Thank-you
Beach bartenders Federico and Hugo were always on their game serving up drinks with a smile and a friendly conversation! Diana in Lindo bar was great--always remembering our pre meal drinks and arriving to the table with some fresh popcorn was a big hit with the kids!
Lindo now charges for Wifi--3.00 for 15 minutes--although not expensive seems like a nickel and dime operation. For a five star property--one would think wifi should just be included.
We enjoyed a round of golf and again found the course very quiet ( summer months are off season for golf) and had a great time--especially after watching Big break Mexico leading up to the trip.
Overall we had a great trip--The Iberostar Lindo is a fun place--Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico