We stayed from Jan.27-Feb.3rd.
Good, solid hotel, that is excellent for families with kids. Of course, there are better ones, but those would come with much higher price. There are 4 Iberostar resorts, one after another, with Lindo being 2nd best, after Maya. The difference would be in the quality of accommodations and restaurants ( some Maya restaurants are out of limit for the Lindo guests).
The room condition at the Lindo is poor, due to simply being too old for the 4 star resort. Old room aminities, misty smell, TV is not even the flat screen- everything indicates that it wasn't renovated for, at least 15 years,or so. That, personally for me, would be enough to not come back to this particular hotel.
All the restaurants in Maya, the seafood, steakhouse and mexican, were quet good: they even served the lobster. The " French" restaurant, in Lindo, is just O'k, and the main buffet restaurant has a very solid fare. The Japanese one in Iberostar Beach, is not worth visiting due to poor quality of food and service. The alcohol is NOT a top shelf. Don Julio is a lone exception.
The carousel in the Shopping center is a great addition to the resort. My kid was riding it every night for a good hour. Special thanx to the attendant-great work with kids. Next to it is a crepere that serves great stuff.
All the swimming pools are awesome, the beach is not bad, for the huge resort. It always was possible to find a free chair. The water was very rough for the kids and some adults to swim. As the professional swimmer and being 6'2", and a lifeguard in the past, I can say that it's not safe to swim there for older people or the young kids, even with adult supervision. From the previous reviews, it appears that it's permanent problem on this part of the shore.
The service, in general, was great. Everyone works hard from yarly morning till late night, and definetely deserve extra gratitude.
Overall, it's a great resort for the families with kids. Personally, I would not come back to this resort due to outdated rooms and rough seas, that makes swimming for the little kids out of question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico