“Another wonderful vacation”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our fifth trip to this resort. Check in was fast and friendly, and we were upgraded to a Honeymoon Junior Suite which was a wonderful surprise since we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Everyone works very hard to make sure that all is perfect from the food, drinks, and grounds. We went to the gym every morning around 6:00 and would see what people left behind on the way back to their rooms, and usually it was cleaned up when we returned to our room after working out. The Star Friends always did a great job of keeping everyone who wanted to participate active and having fun. Rodolfo in the Lindo Lobby bar is wonderful. He was entertaining while rushing around making drinks for everyone. He put on a great show when people would order specialty drinks. Every server that we had was wonderful from the buffets, dinners, beach, and pools. I totally recommend this resort for couples and family's of all ages. Thank you Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for another wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: We were in room 5048 which was on the second floor facing the tree line.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harleygrandma
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff at Paraiso Lindo, we would like to thank you for choosing us once again for your vacations in Mexico.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are extremely proud to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This resort far exceeded our expectations even after doing much research of the resort. Here is my option broken down, as these reviews helped my decision to stay here:

The complex has 5 resorts and they range from the Grand being an adults only to the lowest level at the Del Mar which only had a few restaurants. We stayed at the Lindo which was the middle of the road. Not the most expensive, but had a nice range of restaurants and was larger than the lower two. You also have access to the lower level resorts so you can go to their grounds, pool, restaurants, etc.

Room - larger than an average sized hotel room. Ours had a small sitting area next to the sliding doors. There was a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. There was a mini bar - had bottles of water which they replenished every day. Also had sodas and beers. Most important - it had air conditioning and a ceiling fan!! (our last resort in Mexico didn't have this!) Bathroom was nice sized and water pressure was good. You can choose what building and floor number if you want. We did this and chose the building in the middle (53) so we were 1/2 way to the beach and 1/2 way to the restaurants so we didn't have far to walk either time. We chose the 3rd floor so we'd have a better view. There are no beach views (except for at the Grand) so we wanted the pool view over the jungle. I emailed them and got what we wanted.

Grounds - They upkeep the grounds so well! Nothing was out of place. Everything was always being cleaned and maintained. There were tons of palm trees and other plants that really gave it a "jungle" feel. Towards the lobby there are lots of little fountains and lights at night. very pretty!! There are nice walkways that curve around to walk on.

Food - For breakfast and lunch there is a buffet to eat at. Everything you could possibly want from eggs, sausage, waffles and fruit in the morning to meat, salads, pastas, nachos for lunch. We loved the food - tried some new stuff and some stuff that we weren't sure what it was, but ate it anyways!! haha. For dinner there are 7 restaurants that you can go to when you stay at the Lindo. (I think the Del Mar only has 4 or 5) We thought all of them were very good that we went to. The Mexican was our favorite - not only was the food amazing, but we had a lot of fun with the waitors. You have to have reservations beforehand so you can either make them the day you get there or email them before hand of where you want to eat what night. My only complaint was that we made them after we got there and we had to eat late half the nights because they were booked up. So we didn't eat until 8:30 or 9 which we weren't crazy about. Next time we'll email ahead of time. For snacks, they had a place on the beach that had hamburgers, hotdogs, nachos, rice and such. There was an ice cream shop too near the pool.

Drinks - They pretty much make anything you want. We brought plastic insulated cups that had lids that don't sweat. That kept our drinks colder and kept sand out of them while on the beach. I got the Tervis brand but you can get the same sort of thing at walmart.

Beach - This is where we spent most of our time!! The sand was powder soft and pure white. The ocean was an amazing blue/aqua color. There are a few rocks but the water is so clear that you can see them to avoid them. The first few days we were there the water was smooth as glass and the last part of the week there were large waves. However, we were able to swim every day as the water wasn't deep. The water was warm, like bathwater almost. The workers work very hard to keep the beach clean. There isn't much seaweed and they clean up any trash. I was very impressed by the cleanliness. The sunrise here is very pretty - try to get up early to see it!! It's worth it!!!

Pool - There are several and very large. I felt like there were plenty of chairs even when we went later in the day after the beach.

Service - This was outstanding!! Everyone did everything and anything to make sure you were satisfied. For example, my husband had a salad one night and they gave him oil and vinegar which he doesn't like. He asked for ranch and even though they didn't have it, the waiter went to the next restaurant over and got a bowl of ranch and Caesar dressing for him! Everyone was very friendly and spoke very good English. We didn't have a problem communicating with anyone.

Animals - At the Lindo, there are Coatis (pronounced kwa-tee). They look like a raccoon with an anteater nose and a long tail. They are very cute!! However, they are wild and they ask people not to feed them but people do anyways. So they have gotten a little aggressive when someone does try to feed them. I hear that if they bite you (and they do if you feed them) you need a rabies shot. So we decided to just look at them. They leave you alone if you just walk by. At the Del Mar they have flamingos, swans, and a few parrots.

Overall- Everything was great. We are planning to go back next May with some other family members.

Room Tip: We chose building 53 - it's 1/2 way between the beach and the restaurants.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank jrx3
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the Management we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.
We are extremely proud to know that we have contributed to our guests' happiness. Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciated your recognition for our service.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Let me start by saying that this was the first time I have stayed at the Iberostar Lindo. My wife and 3 kids (ages 11, 8, 3) went along with my Father and Uncle (ages 70+) along with my sister and niece (ages 45 and 16). So we had a wide variety of ages with us. I have to say we all enjoyed our stay. There was something to do for everyone. We were so amazed by the great service provided to us on a daily basis. Everyone was so friendly and courteous. Waiters and Waitressess were constantly coming around asking if we needed another drink. We really enjoyed walking around the great trails of the compound enjoying the gorgeous scenes. The beach area was great as it had so many huts and lounge chairs to choose from. There were a couple rocky areas in the water part of the beach but that really wasn't a problem as you could spot them and just move to another non-rocky area. There were 2 great bars and snack food areas at the beach which were so nice to access during the stay. The buffets on the compound were excellent. The grilled fish and chicken dishes were great. They had a pasta station and a pizza station which were also good. I would however hope that they can improve the deserts, they were not the best I have tasted although the ice cream was good. We did go to the seafood and Japaneese restaurants which both were very good. A little salty at the Japaneese one but still good. We enjoyed the lobster and other great dishes at the seafood restaurant as well. The thing that I really wished was different at the resorts was the pool situation. The pools were all gorgeous and looked so inviting, however, they were all freezing. They had a great waterpark with slides, a nice wavepool, but everytime my kids got in, they were shivering.. and it was about 84 degress outside. The ocean was much warmer. It would be nice if at least one pool on the compound was heated as my kids prefer to swim in a pool than the ocean. (The ocean was a little rough this time). As for the evening show, it was good entertainment. I do wish it started earlier however. You get there at 9pm and then they have pre-show for 45 min so the actual show does not start until 9:45. Most of my family could not make it after a long day in the sun. As for activities, there were alot to choose from. I personally enjoyed the group advanced tennis lessons daily that was included. Overall, the value you get at this resort is excellent and we were all very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
4  Thank buzzy71

Dear Guest,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your stay in Mexico. In addition, we appreciated you taking time to write a review for Trip advisor about your stay with Iberostar as comments from our guests give us the chance to evaluate our performance over an extended period of time.

Having said that, it gives us a great deal of satisfaction hearing that we have been successful in providing you with outstanding vacation and are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our rooms, food, sports and last but not least the excellent service delivered by our staff. We hope that if ever returning to our beautiful Riviera Maya, you will not hesitate to visit Iberostar as we could consider it a privilege to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall, the trip was great. We stayed in rooms 5168 and 5170 from 11/4-11/11.

Check In: Overall, the process was pretty easy. We originally requested a room on the third floor in building 51 with the two room adjoining. When we arrived, they gave us rooms in building 53 on the first floor two rooms away. They were very accommodating and moved us to the third floor after the first night. They couldn't give us an adjoining room like promised because there are no rooms that have 2 double beds that connect.

Rooms: Very basic, but had everything you really needed for a vacation. We really just used the rooms to sleep, while the rest of the day was spent at the pool and beach. The beds were a little hard, but comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep.

Pools: Pools are great. Between the four other hotels, the pool area was enormous. There were many activities throughout the pool grounds: volleyball, basketball, lazy river, wave pool, soccer tournament, etc. The reason I am giving this resort a 4 rating was because I left my iPhone 5 in my backpack in the pool area on a chair covered with my beach towel. When I came back, it was gone. I can't confirm if it was someone from the staff at Iberostar or another guest. However, when I returned to my bag, there were about 6 Iberostar security guards around all my stuff. When I arrived, they asked if it was my belongings and told them that it was. I thought that it was a bit sketchy. The staff didn't do a very good job with helping me locate my phone. The building concierge and front desk receptionist kept sending me in circles. It kind of felt like I was on my own. It definitely put a huge damper on the rest of the trip.

Beach: Great! A lot of shady and sunny areas. Beaches were clean. I'm not sure if its the time of year, but the tide seemed higher making the shore smaller. It was a little windy for the first and last day there. They don't allow you to use any of the kayaks when it is too windy. They also don't let you use their sail boats if you don't have any previous sailing experience, which was kind of a bummer. The beach activities that the staff put on are great: volleyball, bull riding, food, archery, etc

Food:Japanese and Steak were our favorite specialty restaurants. Our least favorite was the seafood. Mexican was surprisingly good. Italian was ok. The buffets are awesome. We booked our specialty dinners early and went to the buffets before they closed. We took advantage of it being an all inclusive. One thing we didn't realize were the lunch buffets closer to the beach, which made it really convenient. We thought the only lunch buffets were at the Pagoda and Laguna.

Drinks: All Inclusive! Pretty much tried everything available. Awesome.

Staff: They were great! They did a great job with building relationships with guests. They get to know you well by the end of the week. Our server on the beach, Elizabeth, was awesome. She recommended drinks and knew what we would like. Lucy at the restaurants was very personable. The bartenders were great as well. They made you feel so welcoming and looked like they wanted to be there. They really made an effort to serve you.

Room Tip: Room 5168 on the third floor was away from a lot of foot traffic and most animals eating leftover ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Marc R

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. In addition, we very much appreciated you taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor about your opinion of your holiday with Iberostar.

With that being said, we are truly delighted to hear that we have been successful in providing you with a wonderful holiday. We will inform Elizabeth, Lucy and our food and beverage staff that they have contributed to making your holiday special.

We hope that if ever returning to our beautiful Riviera Maya, you will not hesitate to return to Iberostar as we would consider it a privilege to serve you once more.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The rooms were clean the staff was helpful and friendly, the amenities were great. Had to get two rooms because the only allow two adult sad per room and they considered my 16 yr old an adult, so we got two rooms and he and his younger brother shared the room. Now we are looking at Jamaica for the spring and I will be going to the iberostar rose hill.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach the complex is spread out and if you stay near the lobby it is near...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brooke J

Dear guest,

On behalf of the manager of the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, we would like to thank for not only choosing our resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking the time to share with us and other travelers, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

It is most certainly a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday outstanding and very much appreciated you highlighting our facilities as excellent qualities of our resort. We are glad to hear that you will visit our sister property, Iberostar Rose Hall and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just arrived home from the Lindo where we had such a fantastic time ,if your a couple or a family this place has the lot. The rooms are a great size,the food is fabulous,the staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble.The grounds are a site to see with all the wildlife roaming round and the staff work from dawn till dusk keeping it spotless clean.Have to give a mention to Diana the pool drinks lady who does an amazing job making sure you always have a drink. If you like diving the boys at the Dressel Dive shop are a great bunch off lads so be sure to check them out.All in all this place is just magic .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lorna007-10

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent stay in Mexico.
It is a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Lindo from 11/5 - 11/10 (my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 & 12.) Overall, the property was fabulous. Pools are huge, beach is beautiful, and the grounds are impeccable. We walked the 4 properties there (Lindo, Maya, Beach & Delmar) and it is all beautiful. It is a lot of walking, but it made me feel better about the quantity of food we were eating. My kids absolutely loved every part of the vacation.
Now - the negatives: our check-in was terrible. The young man who checked us in barely spoke to me. We had travelled all morning and it was now about 3pm and we were starving. When I asked about food, he acted like he wasn't sure what was still open. I specifically asked if we had connecting rooms, and he said yes. Of course, once we got to the rooms - they weren't connecting. I called the front desk and they found us connecting rooms, but my husband had to wait a 1/2 hour for someone to take him to the new rooms. We had about 10 bags and they sent one bellman - my husband of course didn't mind helping carry the luggage, but even the 2 of them were loaded up with bags. So it was just a bad start to the trip. We ended up with rooms 5449 and 5450 - if you need connecting rooms, ask for these - the balconies were huge and building 54 is pretty convenient to the whole resort. The other negative is the air-conditioning. I don't need the room cold, but I do like to keep a fan going to block out noise at night. One night, the air would not go on. We did call about it and were told that they control it. I played with the buttons a bit but I couldn't get anything to go on. The next day, it magically came on and stayed on. Not the worst, but I like to be able to control my own room temperature. Also, the towel cards got on my nerves - it's just one more thing to lose. I know they need to control how many towels you have, but it was a pain to only be able to get one beach towel per person and to keep track of the cards. Lastly, the coatis were everywhere down at the beach. My girls hated walking past them. We saw them jump up on a picnic table and start eating a young girls food. For that reason, we never sat down to eat at the beach. I know a lot of people think they are cute - we missed that entirely.
And the positives: pretty much everything else! The food and drinks were great - highly recommend the seafood & Japanese restaurant. We enjoyed the breakfast & lunch buffets - fine variety for us. Some of the food is hit or miss, but there is always plenty to choose from. We are not huge drinkers, but we do enjoy a couple of drinks at night and thought the quality of the liquor was great. No complaints. We enjoyed just about all of the activities they had at the pools and the beach. And the hotel staff (front desk person excluded) were great.
A couple of other things to note: I was really worried about the safety of the resort for our children before we arrived. However, it was never an issue; we felt very safe. The kids always stuck together if they went off by themselves, but it seemed to me to be a very safe place. I was also a bit worried about other guests given the abundance of alcohol in the resort, but others' behavior was never an issue. We saw a few drunk adults from time to time (especially at the beach) but nothing obnoxious or upsetting to my kids. It was relatively quiet in the beginning of the week but the crowd picked up Thursday night.
All in all, it was a great vacation and I would recommend the Lindo to anyone who is looking for a good family resort in Riviera Maya.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers how your holiday went in Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

We are delighted to hear that you have had a special holiday. With respect to your comments about the air conditioning, it is important to inform you that for environmental reason, all our air conditioner are programed at 23 degrees. However, our guest service department will be happy to help our guest if the temperature is not at their confort.

Concerning our towel card, at check in we provide the towel card in order to change it for a towel. Our guest will be free to change damp towel to dry towels any time they need at the towel center.

The coatis are wild animals and part of the mayan environment; however we have a special program in order to accommodate them in other areas.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Best regards,

Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#68 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
Ocean Coral & Turquesa
#13 of 26 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!