Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$291
$443
Bookit.com
$453
$228
$562
$472
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$291
$246
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$246
$207
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
6,471 results
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodcajun restaurantice creamspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenjambalayael fogonother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetcoconut shrimpdinner reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Let me start by saying that this was the first time I have stayed at the Iberostar Lindo. My wife and 3 kids (ages 11, 8, 3) went along with my Father and Uncle (ages 70+) along with my sister and niece (ages 45 and 16). So we had a wide variety of ages with us. I have to say we all enjoyed our stay. There was something to do for everyone. We were so amazed by the great service provided to us on a daily basis. Everyone was so friendly and courteous. Waiters and Waitressess were constantly coming around asking if we needed another drink. We really enjoyed walking around the great trails of the compound enjoying the gorgeous scenes. The beach area was great as it had so many huts and lounge chairs to choose from. There were a couple rocky areas in the water part of the beach but that really wasn't a problem as you could spot them and just move to another non-rocky area. There were 2 great bars and snack food areas at the beach which were so nice to access during the stay. The buffets on the compound were excellent. The grilled fish and chicken dishes were great. They had a pasta station and a pizza station which were also good. I would however hope that they can improve the deserts, they were not the best I have tasted although the ice cream was good. We did go to the seafood and Japaneese restaurants which both were very good. A little salty at the Japaneese one but still good. We enjoyed the lobster and other great dishes at the seafood restaurant as well. The thing that I really wished was different at the resorts was the pool situation. The pools were all gorgeous and looked so inviting, however, they were all freezing. They had a great waterpark with slides, a nice wavepool, but everytime my kids got in, they were shivering.. and it was about 84 degress outside. The ocean was much warmer. It would be nice if at least one pool on the compound was heated as my kids prefer to swim in a pool than the ocean. (The ocean was a little rough this time). As for the evening show, it was good entertainment. I do wish it started earlier however. You get there at 9pm and then they have pre-show for 45 min so the actual show does not start until 9:45. Most of my family could not make it after a long day in the sun. As for activities, there were alot to choose from. I personally enjoyed the group advanced tennis lessons daily that was included. Overall, the value you get at this resort is excellent and we were all very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
4  Thank buzzy71
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your stay in Mexico. In addition, we appreciated you taking time to write a review for Trip advisor about your stay with Iberostar as comments from our guests give us the chance to evaluate our performance over an extended period of time.

Having said that, it gives us a great deal of satisfaction hearing that we have been successful in providing you with outstanding vacation and are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our rooms, food, sports and last but not least the excellent service delivered by our staff. We hope that if ever returning to our beautiful Riviera Maya, you will not hesitate to visit Iberostar as we could consider it a privilege to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall, the trip was great. We stayed in rooms 5168 and 5170 from 11/4-11/11.

Check In: Overall, the process was pretty easy. We originally requested a room on the third floor in building 51 with the two room adjoining. When we arrived, they gave us rooms in building 53 on the first floor two rooms away. They were very accommodating and moved us to the third floor after the first night. They couldn't give us an adjoining room like promised because there are no rooms that have 2 double beds that connect.

Rooms: Very basic, but had everything you really needed for a vacation. We really just used the rooms to sleep, while the rest of the day was spent at the pool and beach. The beds were a little hard, but comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep.

Pools: Pools are great. Between the four other hotels, the pool area was enormous. There were many activities throughout the pool grounds: volleyball, basketball, lazy river, wave pool, soccer tournament, etc. The reason I am giving this resort a 4 rating was because I left my iPhone 5 in my backpack in the pool area on a chair covered with my beach towel. When I came back, it was gone. I can't confirm if it was someone from the staff at Iberostar or another guest. However, when I returned to my bag, there were about 6 Iberostar security guards around all my stuff. When I arrived, they asked if it was my belongings and told them that it was. I thought that it was a bit sketchy. The staff didn't do a very good job with helping me locate my phone. The building concierge and front desk receptionist kept sending me in circles. It kind of felt like I was on my own. It definitely put a huge damper on the rest of the trip.

Beach: Great! A lot of shady and sunny areas. Beaches were clean. I'm not sure if its the time of year, but the tide seemed higher making the shore smaller. It was a little windy for the first and last day there. They don't allow you to use any of the kayaks when it is too windy. They also don't let you use their sail boats if you don't have any previous sailing experience, which was kind of a bummer. The beach activities that the staff put on are great: volleyball, bull riding, food, archery, etc

Food:Japanese and Steak were our favorite specialty restaurants. Our least favorite was the seafood. Mexican was surprisingly good. Italian was ok. The buffets are awesome. We booked our specialty dinners early and went to the buffets before they closed. We took advantage of it being an all inclusive. One thing we didn't realize were the lunch buffets closer to the beach, which made it really convenient. We thought the only lunch buffets were at the Pagoda and Laguna.

Drinks: All Inclusive! Pretty much tried everything available. Awesome.

Staff: They were great! They did a great job with building relationships with guests. They get to know you well by the end of the week. Our server on the beach, Elizabeth, was awesome. She recommended drinks and knew what we would like. Lucy at the restaurants was very personable. The bartenders were great as well. They made you feel so welcoming and looked like they wanted to be there. They really made an effort to serve you.

Room Tip: Room 5168 on the third floor was away from a lot of foot traffic and most animals eating leftover room service food. It was close to the beach and the pools.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Marc R

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. In addition, we very much appreciated you taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor about your opinion of your holiday with Iberostar.

With that being said, we are truly delighted to hear that we have been successful in providing you with a wonderful holiday. We will inform Elizabeth, Lucy and our food and beverage staff that they have contributed to making your holiday special.

We hope that if ever returning to our beautiful Riviera Maya, you will not hesitate to return to Iberostar as we would consider it a privilege to serve you once more.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The rooms were clean the staff was helpful and friendly, the amenities were great. Had to get two rooms because the only allow two adult sad per room and they considered my 16 yr old an adult, so we got two rooms and he and his younger brother shared the room. Now we are looking at Jamaica for the spring and I will be going to the iberostar rose hill.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the beach the complex is spread out and if you stay near the lobby it is near 3/4 mile hike
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brooke J

Dear guest,

On behalf of the manager of the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, we would like to thank for not only choosing our resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking the time to share with us and other travelers, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

It is most certainly a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday outstanding and very much appreciated you highlighting our facilities as excellent qualities of our resort. We are glad to hear that you will visit our sister property, Iberostar Rose Hall and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just arrived home from the Lindo where we had such a fantastic time ,if your a couple or a family this place has the lot. The rooms are a great size,the food is fabulous,the staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble.The grounds are a site to see with all the wildlife roaming round and the staff work from dawn till dusk keeping it spotless clean.Have to give a mention to Diana the pool drinks lady who does an amazing job making sure you always have a drink. If you like diving the boys at the Dressel Dive shop are a great bunch off lads so be sure to check them out.All in all this place is just magic .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lorna007-10

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent stay in Mexico.
It is a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Lindo from 11/5 - 11/10 (my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 & 12.) Overall, the property was fabulous. Pools are huge, beach is beautiful, and the grounds are impeccable. We walked the 4 properties there (Lindo, Maya, Beach & Delmar) and it is all beautiful. It is a lot of walking, but it made me feel better about the quantity of food we were eating. My kids absolutely loved every part of the vacation.
Now - the negatives: our check-in was terrible. The young man who checked us in barely spoke to me. We had travelled all morning and it was now about 3pm and we were starving. When I asked about food, he acted like he wasn't sure what was still open. I specifically asked if we had connecting rooms, and he said yes. Of course, once we got to the rooms - they weren't connecting. I called the front desk and they found us connecting rooms, but my husband had to wait a 1/2 hour for someone to take him to the new rooms. We had about 10 bags and they sent one bellman - my husband of course didn't mind helping carry the luggage, but even the 2 of them were loaded up with bags. So it was just a bad start to the trip. We ended up with rooms 5449 and 5450 - if you need connecting rooms, ask for these - the balconies were huge and building 54 is pretty convenient to the whole resort. The other negative is the air-conditioning. I don't need the room cold, but I do like to keep a fan going to block out noise at night. One night, the air would not go on. We did call about it and were told that they control it. I played with the buttons a bit but I couldn't get anything to go on. The next day, it magically came on and stayed on. Not the worst, but I like to be able to control my own room temperature. Also, the towel cards got on my nerves - it's just one more thing to lose. I know they need to control how many towels you have, but it was a pain to only be able to get one beach towel per person and to keep track of the cards. Lastly, the coatis were everywhere down at the beach. My girls hated walking past them. We saw them jump up on a picnic table and start eating a young girls food. For that reason, we never sat down to eat at the beach. I know a lot of people think they are cute - we missed that entirely.
And the positives: pretty much everything else! The food and drinks were great - highly recommend the seafood & Japanese restaurant. We enjoyed the breakfast & lunch buffets - fine variety for us. Some of the food is hit or miss, but there is always plenty to choose from. We are not huge drinkers, but we do enjoy a couple of drinks at night and thought the quality of the liquor was great. No complaints. We enjoyed just about all of the activities they had at the pools and the beach. And the hotel staff (front desk person excluded) were great.
A couple of other things to note: I was really worried about the safety of the resort for our children before we arrived. However, it was never an issue; we felt very safe. The kids always stuck together if they went off by themselves, but it seemed to me to be a very safe place. I was also a bit worried about other guests given the abundance of alcohol in the resort, but others' behavior was never an issue. We saw a few drunk adults from time to time (especially at the beach) but nothing obnoxious or upsetting to my kids. It was relatively quiet in the beginning of the week but the crowd picked up Thursday night.
All in all, it was a great vacation and I would recommend the Lindo to anyone who is looking for a good family resort in Riviera Maya.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers how your holiday went in Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

We are delighted to hear that you have had a special holiday. With respect to your comments about the air conditioning, it is important to inform you that for environmental reason, all our air conditioner are programed at 23 degrees. However, our guest service department will be happy to help our guest if the temperature is not at their confort.

Concerning our towel card, at check in we provide the towel card in order to change it for a towel. Our guest will be free to change damp towel to dry towels any time they need at the towel center.

The coatis are wild animals and part of the mayan environment; however we have a special program in order to accommodate them in other areas.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments; we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Best regards,