Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Bookit.com
$781
$504
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$434
$274
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$298
$280
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$357
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
6,418 results
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodcajun restaurantice creamspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenjambalayael fogonother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetcoconut shrimpdinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

so to make this story short, all i can say about this resort is, check in we arrived at 3 pm our room was not ready until 4 pm, at the lobby bar we have to ask for our drinks as the bartender was bussy with other guys, for lunch after 3 all you can eat is snacks at the beach, the buffet is closed, the towels are only in the swimming pool area, so if you are at the beach, have to go all the way to the swimming pool, the drinks at the beach are ok but you have to go get them as usually the girls are too busy to attend all the crowd, the ala carte restaurants are ok but just ok not many choices, very basic, and take forever to actually serve your food, the disco is a nice touch but seems dated and the rooms o god they are so old, like a 3 start hotel, dirty, specially the walls of the shower, the safe box gets broken easily, the employees they can either be very nice or just ok , so it is not a bad hotel but is just for people with cheap budget and kids, thats the true!!!!

Room Tip: building 51
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank smartgirl666
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear guest,
On behalf of the management team and all the staff of the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation in Mexico and also for taking time out of your busy schedule to send us your comments about your experience at our lovely hotel.
The management of Iberostar is committed to providing services, facilities and an ambiance which satisfies our guest’s requirements and therefore we extend our sincerest apologies if you were disappointed with certain aspects of our resort. Please rest assured however that all your observations have been noted and will be passed along to the respective department manager.
We would like to inform that our buffet for lunch is open from 11:30am to 4:30pm and between this time and dinner time (6:30pm) there is a hamburguer place, a tacos place, creperie & ice cream place and of course 24hour room service. We are proud to be able to say that we have 24hrs food & drinks service.
October is the lowest season of the year so we were really surprised to hear that all waiters and bar tenders we always busy. And to wait for a room until 4pm might have had something to do with a specific request as we have plenty of empty rooms available at this time of the year.
We wish we had the opportunity to hear this comments while at the hotel in order to make you feel better.
This hotel is totally family oriented and we are adding more services for kids. At this moment we have under construction a new feeding room next to the water park. This room will have everything mommies need to feed and change their babies. There is going to be a fridge, microwave, bottles sterilizer, table, high chairs, utensils, fruits and more.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future assistance.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently returned from Iberostar Paraiso Lindo (we stayed 10/20-10/27), and we absolutely loved it. We chose to upgrade last minute from Iberostar Paraiso Beach (which is right next door), and we are so happy we did. The upgrade gave us the ability to go to a lacarte restaurants every night (instead of only 2 nights we were given at Beach).

I will start with the negatives of the hotel, and there weren't many...1.) The food was not that spectacular, but I wasn't expecting it to be 5 star quality (it is an all inclusive after all). The steakhouse was by far our favorite restaurant. My boyfriend ordered seafood at many of the restaurants and nearly every time it was extremely overcooked and rubbery. The breakfast buffet was definitely the best with pretty much any breakfast food your hear desires, lunch buffet was pretty good as well with a large amount of options (we usually ate lunch at the beach buffet). The last night we tried the buffet for dinner and I was so happy that we had decided to do the restaurants every night as the buffet was very lack luster. Complaint #2.) The Jacuzzi are colder than the pools. Not a huge deal but on the chillier, windier days a hot jacuzzi would have been nice.

Now on to the wonderful parts about this resort...the grounds, the employees, the entertainment, the rooms.

The grounds are absolutely amazing with wildlife and greenery everywhere (coatis/peacocks/iguanas). Yes, the grounds are large but no where near the size people make it out to be. The hotel offers a trolley and golf cart service, but we never used it once. The walk was nice and it maybe took 4 minutes to get everywhere, which was much shorter than we were expecting after reading some of the reviews.

The employees are absolutely wonderful, and there to make your vacation all you could hope for. The Star Friends truly do make the trip a fun and eventful one. Carlito, Sandy, Jonathan, Franciso, and Abril are awesome and always have a smile on. They have organized activities from 8 am- 430pm should you wish to partake. We did a bunch of them and always had fun. We got to know a few of the Star Friends during our trip and they truly are great people and are there to make your trip fun. They work extremely long hours and are ALWAYS in a good mood and messing around with you.

The entertainment at night is also great...a little cheesy but definitely entertaining. If you don't want to get pulled up on stage, come late or sit in the way way way back.

The rooms are awesome, I would just stick to a standard room. We had a massive balcony and the room is very spacious with a table and futon bed. The bathroom is newly done with granite counter tops and a nice shower.

Overall we had an amazing trip at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and would recommend it to anyone! Thanks for a great vacation!!

Room Tip: Building 54 is very central to everything. Short walk to the beach/pool and the restaurants.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jenna P

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on our services. We are pleased to hear that you have had a special holiday.
It was a pleasure to have been given the chance to serve you. It was encouraging to hear that our service, food and various staff members had served to make your trip even more memorable.
Your constructive comments with respect to the jacuzzis and food will helps us to improve our service for future guests to come, thank you for your point of view.
One again, thank you for taking the time for writing this review on Trip Advisor, we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We holidayed in Mexico in late September and transferred to Iberostar Lindo from Iberostar Cancun mid holiday.

The move was an excellent decision because the Lindo is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I cannot praise it highly enough. This is a large hotel but I was never conscious of having to walk too far or of sharing my holiday with hundreds of other people.

Staff – excellent – Alexx 'with two x's' made us so welcome he was exceptional – but everyone from bartender to the waiters were friendly and efficient. Everyone was so nice to my 3 year old grandson that everyone in the hotel was his 'friend'. Well done Iberostar

Each accommodation block has a 'concierge' who books A La Cartes and deals with minor accommodation issues – very good system. Bookings were always available and any issue promptly and efficiently dealt with.

Pools – brilliant

Rooms – a bit dated and I hate the elephant trunk hair dryer but bed comfortable, shower excellent and maid service great.

Restaurants - Overall wherever you ate the food was well above average and far exceeded our expectations for AI hotels. Our favourite was the steak restaurant – we also ate at Fish restaurant ( good but too much food) Mexican ( bit disappointing) – Cajun ( really good meal contrary to most reports on TA – try it) Japanese ( service very slow – we missed the show) Buffet – excellent., the seafood / steak in the buffet was lovely. Final word on the food – the fresh iced doughnuts at breakfast were amazing !!!

Bars – What can I say – excellent. Our favourites were the piano bar ( I loved their bar stools) and the lobby bar in the Maya . If staying at the Lindo guests can also use 2 of the restaurants and all facilities at the Maya - the theoretical 'better' hotel on the complex.

Beach – beautiful especially early in the morning before anyone else was awake.

We were so content at the Lindo that we didn’t bother doing any trips etc. We had a trial Scuba Diving lesson in the pool and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next year's objective!

The only advice I can offer to anyone thinking of booking this hotel is to dont hesitate - BOOK IT.

Room Tip: Dont bother up grading - standard rooms are just fine. Connecting rooms available on request
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 2nasus

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the hotel staff and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.
We are thrilled to hear that we have contributed to making your holiday wonderful.
Your review motivates us to continue improving in our service. Thank you for your recognition.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We don't normally 'do' all inclusives after a bad experience in Dominican Republic but needed an easy holiday with the kids - and this has changed our minds. Well designed hotel and pools meant that we could enjoy lazing by the pool whilst the beer monsters got on with drinking elsewhere! Good food, excellent and friendly staff and a great beach made this the perfect holiday for us and three kids (12-8). Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank Steve J

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your stay in Mexico.
It is a cause of satisfaction to have contributed to making your holiday marvelous.
Your review on Trip Advisor helps other clients for choosing Iberostar as option for an unforgettable holiday, we appreciated your feedback.
We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I told myself I would be brutally honest in writing my review so I will not leave out the bad parts, however, I must say up front that this hotel is the best and I can't wait to go back! Every time we climbed on a tour bus we listened to people from different hotels bemoan the fact that they didn't stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. The place is magnificent!

I'll start with my complaints. Whatever you do, purchase your sunscreen at home or at the airport. My husband and I decided to carry on our bags and travel light since we had read the hotel had shops with sunscreen and other personal items for sale. So we were quite shocked and felt cheated and scammed when we waltzed into the hotel gift shop as soon as we arrived and were forced to pay $28 for a small bottle of sunscreen. This blew my mind.

We of course protested and were given every excuse as to why the hotel was forced to inflate the price so criminally. The guy behind the counter even argued the sunscreen had to be imported from Austrailia unitl my husband pointed out the label: Made in the USA. We grudgingly bought the bottle since our only other option was to pay $20 for a round trip for 2 to Playa Del Carmen in the hopes that someone might charge less than $8 for sunscreen. This experience was awful and really ruined my first day at the hotel. I still can't understand why a hotel who goes to such lengths to roll out the red carpet for its guests would risk its reputation over sunscreen, but the ordeal would soon fade away (along with my temper) as I got to know Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

The grounds are enormous--lush, pristine, colorful and exotic. Everywhere you look there is something to feast your eyes on. Bubbling pools of aqua blue water swirl beneath your feet as you walk along wooden bridges. Fountains cascade and palms wave and bright flowers peak out from the landscape. There are two enormous pool areas that are so huge you feel alone as you swim along. You can swim through waterfalls to sit on stools at the bar, lay on tiled loungers sunk into the water, post up below bridges in the quiet shade, sit on tanning ledges to soak up the sunshine, or play one of the many sport games with the hotel employees who dance, jump, and inspire you to party-along.

And oh the beach! I had read others post on this site about the beach being rocky and less-than other beaches in the area. It wasn't until the last day when my husband and I took a long hour to stroll the length of the beach that we found a sliver of water with rocks on the bottom. I am in love with that beach. The sand was cool and velvet-soft and so clean and white. The water was clear and pristine without seaweed and jelly fish and it was wonderful to walk along or gaze upon from under the shade of palapa tops. We enjoyed dipping in the ocean to cool off and then sprawling across wicker beds to watch the sheer white curtains float in the breeze while listening to the rushing sounds of the sea.

The things that really made this resort stand out were the giant wave pool, the lazy river, the shopping mall, and the enormous selections of restaurants.

I'm not sure why I enjoyed the wave pool so much--bobbing up and down--but I felt like a child as I squealed with delight with every crest and fall of the wave. The lazy river was the ultimate relaxation experience. Many times my husband and I were all alone on the river dozing off and on as we held hands on the tubes. The river was surrounded in marvelous landscaping so it was spotted with sunlight and shaded by mangroves, palm trees, and oleanders. We floated past rock water falls and they splashed us awake when we were about to fall asleep.

The shopping mall was a delightful surprise. It was very large and the grounds were fabulous. A velvet and painted horse carousel spun at the entrance. The center of the mall was a beautiful iron gazebo surrounded by tables and chairs--the perfect spot for a mariachi band and dancing. We followed the shaded route around the central courtyard, walking over pools of water with bubbling fountains. We stopped for ice cream and if we were hungry there was a hamburger cafe. We stopped in several souvenir stores, a children's toy and candy store, a leather shop, many clothing stores, a sunglasses hut, a shoe shop, and sauntered past the spa and the Galaxy night club set up with giant star wars and space themed sculptures. We happened to talk to others who went to playa del carmen and despite our sunscreen fiasco we found out that the prices were on the mark with the prices downtown.

The food was fantastic. The selection was never ending. My favorite part of the hotel was the enormous dessert buffets. I was determined to try every single dessert and found it impossible even though every lunch and dinner was ended with a huge plate covered in six or eight little desserts which I nibbled on to taste. I loved the seared tuna and the cold soups--pineapple and avocado were my favorites. Above the pool was an ice cream bar and it served iced cappuccinos. The beach features several buffets with grilled foods and drink bars. I don't drink alcohol but even I enjoyed the free pina coladas (virgin, of course).

We ate at a different restaurant every night. My favorite by far was the Japanese restaurant. I really enjoyed the lobster at the Mexican and Seafood restaurants. The room service was limited by the option to order whatever you want, anytime, was nice.

Every night the hotel put on a big show under their outdoor theater. We only made it to one of them and it so happened to be the night they put on a show for the kids. We watched it anyway and I really had a blast. Every popular cartoon was represented: Lion King, the Little Mermaid, Incredibles, Scooby Doo, Jungle Book, Alladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Rio, Tarzan, Finding Nemo, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and more. They would play a bit of the movie while they did a quick scene change and then a cast of costumed characters would come out to put on a show and dance to the famous songs. Even as an adult I enjoyed it. Staff came around to serve drinks. It was nice.

I suppose my biggest complaint was that the hotel advertised jacuzzis. They certainly had many vigorously bubbling jacuzzis--they were just cold. One looked so inviting surrounded by a giant rock waterfall. But it too was cold. We called the lobby to see if they had any heated jacuzzis on the property and found out they only offered heated jacuzzis through the spa or in upgraded rooms that feature a corner bathtub on the balcony. We puzzled over this. Why advertise jacuzzis as part of the all-inclusive package if they are cold? It seems the cost to heat them would be minimal in comparison to the costs incurred everywhere else throughout the hotel. Certainly their goal is to bring people back. So why the cold jacuzzis? This is the only reason my husband insists we diligently shop around before booking our next stay at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. If we can find an equally magnificent hotel with heated jacuzzis we just might make the switch. Might.

Anyway, the place was perfect. My only suggestions for the hotel would be not to risk your reputation on ripping people off who forgot to bring sunscreen, heat your jacuzzis or stop advertising them as part of the all-inclusive package, and a nook of hammocks in the shade of the beach would be divine (although the beds are a good option in their place).

Overall, this was a wonderful hotel. I didn't want to leave. I nearly cried when we had to climb on the bus to the airport. I'm already plotting my way back to Iberostar.

A note on tour recommendations: Skip Rio Secreto and spend the extra $25 a person to go to Xplor (your won't be sorry!), if you want to check out the ruins go to Coba since they still allow you to climb the pyramid (Chichen Itza no longer allows this) and if you are on vacation with younger children who won't enjoy zip lining in your lap go to Xcaret. Whatever you do, you will have a blast!

Room Tip: I wouldn't spend the extra money on upgrading. The standard rooms are just as nice and they have a nice view. Each hotel structure had an exotic courtyard. Ours had a big colorful stucco gazebo surrounded by water and fountains and lush landscape. All you do is sleep in your room. The little corner bathtubs on the balconies look very small for two people. We never saw anyone using them. Staying at the Lindo is a good choice because you are in a good central area and this resort is huge. There are trams you can wait on but at the Lindo everything is in easy walking distance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Candace I

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday Mexico.
We are glad that your holiday has been paradisiacal and that you enjoyed your time with us.
With respect to your comments about the jacuzzis, we would like to inform that we do not provide or advertise this service. Our open-air pools have the same temperature. On the contrary, at our Spa you will be able to find the sauna, the steam room, different type and sizes of Jacuzzis, Sweden showers and an indoor pool with warm and salty water for thalasotherapy. Likewise, we recommend our guest bringing their own suitable sunscreen. At our shops guests will be able to find many different options from 20 to 30usd and I would like to note that the prices are not at all different from the ones you find in town.
Our main goal is our guest´s full satisfaction. We aim to impress our guests with our well kept grounds, beach and our beautiful pools. It was so rewarding to read your review.
Thank you for your comments about our Magic Land show, it is our new jewel and the kids really loved it.
We would also like to thank your suggestion about putting hammocks on the beach. We will pass the comment to the Management.
Thank you for your very complete and constructive feedback. It will for sure help us to improve our service.
We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.