We had a fantastic, last minute trip to the IB Lindo. We have been there several times before, so we expected the size of the resort. This property is extremely well maintained. While we were there, they were painting and refurbishing several of the buildings. Some people do not seem to realize that this type of maintenance must take place during the slow season and is done yearly due to the toll the tropical climate and salt air takes on buildings. We did not see any badly worn areas at all. Our room was extremely comfortable - we asked for a building far from the lobby which is what we got. We also e-mailed ahead for reservations to the a la cartes, which we got. The quality of the food is good at all Iberostars, but I wish they had a few more Mexican options at the Lindo buffets. We had 2 meals at the a la cartes - the contrast could not have been more marked. Our meal at the Cajun was awful - the first really bad meal I have ever had at an Iberostar. The duck I ordered was so rubbery that it was completely inedible. The service was not good either. By contrast, the Seafood restaurant (La Marina) was amazing (much better than on our last visit 2 years ago). Everything was delicious and the service is really elegant. We mostly ate at the buffets. The Lindo breakfast buffet is amazing - there are so many options, including doughnuts and churros which they fry in front of you.
The staff at this hotel is one reason we keep returning. Our concierge, Nickolaus, was fantastic. The pool bar staff, especially Fillaberto were wonderful - we sure kept them busy! Unlike most of our prior visits, we only ate lunch twice, but the lunch buffet by the pool was really good. I don't expect extremely gourmet food at an AI (although La Marina actually provided it!), but if I were the IB management, I would revamp some of the restaurants and stop trying to cook Chinese food for Asian night at the buffet. They should change the Cajun restaurant to an Indian/Thai/vegetarian restaurant - it would attract many families with one or more vegetarian members. They should also change the Italian to a Greek/Mediterranean restaurant with some added vegetarian entrees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Visit Us Inc., Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico