“Everything you could want for a family holiday”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, England
“Everything you could want for a family holiday”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me start by saying I will return to this resort. We had one of our best holidays ever here. It's our 2nd time at Iberostar, and both holidays have been fabulous. It is a very large resort complex, but we are fine with the walking about. The layout is just beautiful, lovely walkways, everywhere beautifully lit at night, fountains everywhere- really nice. We had 2 groundfloor rooms that were interconnecting as we had requested via email prior to going. We were in Block 54, quite far from the beach, not far from the main buffet and pools. Noise from night time entertainment wasn't a problem. Some people just like to moan, it's finished by 11 anyway. The shows were very good and varied, but it was mainly my girls - both aged 12 that enjoyed them!
We enjoyed most of the a la carte restaurants, some we pre-booked prior to going, (by the way, the email communication sorting out restaurants was very helpful) our favourites though were Steakhouse, Gourmet, Japanese and Jambalaya (for the coconut shrimp- amazing!). The buffets were fantastic- at all meal times. Don't believe anyone else being negative, the choice was incredible every day, we had all our breakfasts and lunches at the main buffet, and went there in the evenings around 4 times. The wine is hit and miss, but we found the sparkling white or rose to be the best, you had to request it and sometimes they didn't understand but they always had it!
The beach was nice, lots of sunbeds and quite busy and amazing waves to jump around in- not a nice calm 'flat' carribean sea, but lovely all the same. The walk to the beach was fun with all the friendly 'coaties/lemurs' checking you out for scraps of food!
The pools were immense and lovely, always sunbeds available, but if you wanted a specific spot, you did have to get up early with your towels as it was Mid- August! We all enjoyed the lazy river- yes it was lazy, the clue's in the name!- very occasionally you had to wait for a tube/ring, but we took our own floats, and you could by them right there at the poolside shop (not very expensive) and they had free use of air pump for speedy inflation!
The drink waitresses came around frequently for drinks orders, but we were happy to go and get our fresh juices (any concoction you could fancy) on our way to or from the lazy river. I had celery and pinapple, freshly squeezed watermelon, carrot, apple and cucumber juices, they were divine!
The animation team were excellent, my girls love animation teams! special mentions to Carlos, Tracy, Sandy and Leonardo, lots of opportunity to do anything- my husband did the archery most days, table tennis, pro tennis lessons, my girls joined in the crazy games, karaoke nights. We all did the bike tour on day 2 around the resort. But mainly I just went in the pool or lazy river on my lilo, or stayed in the shade reading my book!! There was so much stuff to choose from- spanish lessons, basketball, volleyball, yoga etc etc.
Before I forget- the ice cream bar was excellent too- you could choose from 6-8 flavours every day, and they did ice coffees- from around mid morning onwards all day- fabulous.
The rooms we had were cleaned and well presented every day- they weren't super modern (Iberostar rose hall suites in Jamaica rooms were nicer), but we had an enourmous bed, and the girls had a small double bed each. The maid excelled herself in towel displays every day. the minibars were always full of beer, bottled water and cans every day.
The concierge service at the bottom of each block is a fantastic idea for getting any problems sorted out. Anything needed fixing, it was soon sorted out.
Now, we met several people who returned to this resort time and time again, becuase it is so nice. I heard that the rooms at the Maya are nicer, but it is more expensive. We went over to the Maya bars a fair bit, and to use the WiFi for free. The bar there is nicer than the Lindo bar, and it was nice to have a drink in there before a meal in the steakhouse or seafood restaurants over there. It was a 5 minute pleasant walk!
Another nice feature was the mini shopping complex, it even had icecream, crepes and tapas all for free over there! they also had market stalls coming in to the hotel, every other night, so you could buy your souvenirs and never leave the resort!
We went to Playa del Carmen one evening, but didn't really like it nothing special, and really didn't like the doped up Lion cubs they said you could pay to have your photo with for charity- it's all a con- just google it.
We went on a 'snorkelling and cenotes trip' to Akumel swimming off the beach and seeing giant turtles, and swimming in the cenotes (caves), a nice trip. we also did 'Xplore' an adventure park with zipwires, cave swimming and other stuff which we really enjoyed. The trips are quite expensive here, but we felt we should do something!
To be honest, it is very easy to just not leave this resort, and some don't! It was fabulous. The reason people go back so often, is because what you get in the all inclusives is just so much more than a lot of European AI's.
Now, to those people who say this isn't 5 stars etc- look, if you want film star standard 5 star, then no it isn't and also don't go to an all inclusive resort. (True 5 * comes at a far higher price!) But as far as All Inclusives go, this is pretty good value, and there aren't many places I would go back to.
All in all we loved this holiday and would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank yummymummy0104
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear friends,
On behalf of all the staff and the entire management team at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, thank you very much for choosing to be valued guests of our resort. In addition, we would like to say thank you for dedicating the time to share with other travelers, your honest opinion of your stay with us.
We feel honored to have contributed to making your holiday paradisiacal and are extremely thankful that you expressed your sincere satisfaction with several aspects of our resort including our rooms, food, drinks, pools, activities and shows.
Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again at our lovely hotel.
Iberostar México

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
louisville,ky
Reviewed September 23, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the lindo 9/14-9/21,this was our 4th visit here,first i will tell you the good points,the entire resort is the best maintained resort from top to bottom we have stayed at,the landscape,pools,restaurants,beach,chairs,bars,restrooms,rooms,ect.,the staff in all areas are excellent,especially the bartenders at the swim up bar.the resort is a short ride from the airport,maybe 20-25 minutes,they have their own shopping center in the resort complex,plenty of resturants to choose from,staying at the lindo you have acess to the other resort pools,bars,restaurants,except the all adults grand hotel,we met a lot of nice folks from michigan,virginia,ect.we usually travel in the off season months,sept,oct. to avoid the crowds,plus the price is usually cheaper,now the bad points,the buffets didnt have as much selection as years past,i love shrimp and it was a little hard to come by,another complaint i have were all the kids that were at the swim up bars,and yes there were a lot of kids, mostly european ,as we know most kids in the U.S. go back to school in august,yes this is a family resort but it seemed like a lot more young kids then years past.they do have an adults only hotel here called the grand,but its a little over the top for the average couple,especially the price to stay there,that said,if you want to stay at a very kid friendly,safe,clean,and value priced resort,this is the place to come...

Room Tip: we had building 51, pool front,closer to pool bar,52,53,54, ect.all run the length of the pools, the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Randytan
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the staff, and particularly the hotel manager, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent vacation. In addition, I would like to use this opportunity to express our appreciation for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.
Having said that, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed several aspects of our resorts offerings including our rooms, restaurants, beach and pool. We regret your comment about our food selection as our main buffet has a huge variety of sea food including shrimp. We will be reviewing our menu with the chef to see if we can add more.
We sincerely hope that if ever returning to Mexico, you will not hesitate to visit our resort as we would consider an honor to be able to serve you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Dallas,Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

OVERVIEW:

This was our 5th year in a row to travel to the Riviera Maya but the 1st time we have stayed at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. The previous 4 years we have stayed in the adults only section of a resort and were very satisfied obviously as we stayed there 4 years in a row. This year was our son’s 5th birthday and we promised he could go to the beach with us when he turned 5. A huge THANK YOU to IBEROSTAR PARAISO LINDO for making our 1st family vacation together vacation utopia. After 5 days at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo we would never return to our previous location even if we go without our son but as our experience was so great, we are really looking forward to staying here again in 2013. I can’t say enough good things about this resort and if you don’t stay here you are really missing out on something pretty special.

ARRIVAL:

We arrived about 2:45 and the pictures absolutely do not do justice for the check-in area. It looked so much better in person than on any photo I had seen prior to arrival. The staff at the front desk (and I wish I could remember by name) were absolutely delightful, professional and made the start of our vacation just right. Our son was a bit crabby and not very polite but the front desk staff handled him perfectly and understood and I was so grateful because I was not very pleased with his manners. The gentleman who checked us in was funny and full of information. And the two ladies all so working the front desk made a point when they had no one to check in to say hello and I found that refreshing. We went directly to our room and the bellman was fantastic about helping us with our luggage.
ROOMS:
We booked a standard room with a king size bed (our little one won’t sleep by himself when we travel) and requested room block 54 as per Trip Advisor reviews I read prior to our departure. We were thrilled when we opened the door. Our room was a corner room and it was perfect as it was right by the stairs and directly across from the wave pool and on the 3rd floor so the view any time of the day was perfect. The balcony wrapped around and gave us extra play room for our son to play, rafts, sand toys and still space to spare. All the rooms in Block 54 & 53 were close to the volleyball pool, one of the entrances to the lazy river, kids club, kiddie pool, one of the buffets and the theatre. Having a young one that doesn’t like walking long distances block 54 was perfect.
The cleanliness of the room was outstanding daily. We loved the bright colors and the creative way the presented the room and bathroom every day. There was towel art every day, flower petals on the bed, tying of the patio door curtains in a different manner on 2 days, the bathroom all so had towel art, flowers some real others made out of tissue. We honestly looked forward to coming up from the beach each day to see what surprise was in store for us. I can see where one might think the furniture and fixtures look dated BUT WHO CARES when the room is spotless and you have something special to see each day. The sheets and towels are white and not once did I see a single spot on either of them. I am picky and I looked. The resort we stayed in the last 4 years had amazing furniture, an outdoor Mayan shower, hot tub in each villa – top of the line fixtures but the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo made that look cold and empty and in my book boring as compared to the creativity and fun taken each day to not only clean our room but add that something extra special. We LOVED IT. The second day we were there we had a mini birthday celebration and did ask for something a little special to be done and boy we were not disappointed (I’ll reference this day throughout remaining review.) the towel art was a 3 tiered birthday cake with candles made out of tissue colored on the top to look like candles. We had to stay in the room an hour before our son was ready to go to the pools. We moved the “cake” to the table to save and After we came back from dinner that night the room had been set up again and in a different manner with petals on the bed AND this time the cake had chocolates place around the cake. Our son loved it.

POOLS & SHADE

As I mentioned our room was perfectly located near all of the pools that would accommodate our 5 year old son. I loved how they had many water features which kept the water cool in every pool and the lazy river. The volleyball pool was warm as it had no water feature but it is specifically for water volleyball but no big deal at all. The water being cool was SO SO NICE!! You will not find that very often. Once you got passed the fun pools just on the opposite side of the wave pool wall began the remaining pools through the resort. Plenty of water features and tanning ledges throughout the main big pool which was wonderful for kids who perhaps could not swim, or if you wanted to lay-out in the water and not on a raft. What really struck my husband and I was the amount of shade and chairs that were provided by all of the pools. Granted we were at the resort in September which is not a peak season month but I would suspect that even at high peak there would be more than enough seating available and if there was not with the level of service the resort provided I am quite sure they would bring chairs over to accommodate everyone.

BEACH

The beach was great and very clean. The beach bar was great and those guys were just so friendly and fun and I wish I would have gotten their names but my husband was the one that mainly went to the bar. One did not need to go to the beach bar as there were plenty of servers walking around asking if you needed a drink and cleaning up empty cups. The bathrooms at the beach and pools were immaculate. I was surprised by this as most bathrooms anywhere near water are never quite like one would like. Not here. They were clean and constantly being tended to. It was awesome. By day 2 I no longer brought my Lysol wipes as there just were not needed. The food buffet at the beach was pretty darn good and full of food from I think 11:00 to 5 or 6pm. It was nice not to have to break and go to the buffet which was easily assessable from the beach but I am not a fan of eating in a restaurant type environment with sand and sea water on me.

FOOD

The food was as expected. Not amazing but not awful. Our favorite meal is always breakfast the omelets were made to order and fresh fruit yummy. The remaining buffet meals were ok but we began ordering off of the room service menu and eating in our room. We loved the wraps, the hamburger, and our son loved the chicken nuggets. We stuck to the buffets for breakfast. We did eat at the Italian restaurant for our son’s mini birthday celebration. The staff there was just lovely and got us in and out quickly which was important as our son is not the best about sitting any longer than 30 minutes without getting restless.

STAFF & SERVICE

I would like to thank the following people specifically.

CINDY – for cleaning our room and decorating with complete creativity.

ROSANNA – the concierge for block 54. Lovely young woman who handled any request we had, from our son’s birthday to making sure our room was cleaned early so we could come back and have nap time. We literally would come back from breakfast around 9:30 and the room was clean. WOW.

TRACY – Star Friends staff. We met her on day 2 as the staff came out on to the beach to say hello and meet the guests. Friendly, happy and remembered us each time she saw us. We loved her personality and thought she was just such an asset to the entertainment staff and the resort.

CHRIS – LOMAS TRAVEL – what a great contact there at the hotel for us. Lomas is wonderful each year but Christopher was very easy going and checked on us daily which was nice.

If I could have written down every single person I would have. Not once in our 5 days at this resort were our needs not taken care of. This resort is amazing, wonderful, and a place we look forward to returning to next year.

Room Tip: If you are a family with kids under the age of 10, request block 54 for a room. Perfect spot.
13 Thank IGEWY
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the General Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, please allow us to express our genuine gratitude for not only choosing our resort for your caribbean experience, but also for the time you have taken to write a review for Tripadvisor about your opinion of your holiday at our resort.
We are extremely proud to understand from your comments that you have had a memorable experience at our hotel and truly appreciate your special mention about our rooms, food, pool, beach and most importantly, our staff. We are certainly aware that it is through their efforts that we are able to achieve our goal of complete guest satisfaction.
We are thankful that you will recommend our hotel to others and are quite confident that you will be staying again at our lovely hotel.
Kind regards,
Brooklyn
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I stayed at Paraiso Lindo in August. It was a wonderful experience. I can't say enough good things about the food, pools, staff and overall quality of the resort. On the day of checkout, I accidentally left my IPAD in the hotel room. I discovered my loss as I prepared to go through security at the airport for the trip home. I called the resort and was put through to Veronica Bianciotto the Chief Concierge. Veronica located the IPAD and arranged to have it shipped back to my home. What a relief! I am impressed by the staff's honesty and diligence. Thanks for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank GBCBrooklyn
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Mrs.
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your vacation in Mexico. We are thrilled to hear not only that we were able to locate your tablet but also assist you with its safe way back home. We would like to express our genuine appreciation for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your experience with us.
It undeniably motivates us to continue improving when we hear that your vacation at our resort has been outstanding. Comments like this far motivate as to keep up the hard work.
We will share with Veronica and her staff that they have contributed to making your holiday memorable.
We are confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and as such sincerely look forward to your next visit. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again.
Iberostar Mexico
Pine Bush, New York, USA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Excellent service and quality of complete resort experience. Highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive experience. Food was excellent, staff friendly and always available. A drama free relaxing vacation experience!!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

5 Thank Bmucci767
Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Probably the best vacation ever, thanks to an incredible staff. They get to know the guests and we were amazed at the energy and hospitality from the moment we arrived. Special thanks to the Star Friends at the Lindo. I wish I knew all their names to mention here. Francisco, Carlos, Tracy and Arno, we will never forget how wonderful you were to us. I hope to see all of you again very soon! I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

7 Thank Lady11111
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for the invaluable feedback you have shared with us and fellow travelers with respect to your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very helpful to us in evaluating our service.
Please know that the management and staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience which satisfies the needs of our diverse clientele and it is so gratifying to know that enjoy our friendship.
We genuinely hope that if ever returning to Mexico, you will not hesitate to visit us again since we earnestly look forward to hosting you once more.
Iberostar Mexico
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The most amazing the staff is what makes the place so good.. ofcourse the beautiful buildings and beach dont hurt either :). Big shout out to the star friends Ardo, Leonardo, Fransisco, Sandy for a great time.

Room Tip: Get the Pool side view :)
3 Thank Bharat B
Dear friend,
We would like to thank you for your invaluable feedback. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate as to improve our service daily.
We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.
Iberostar Mexico.
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,722 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!