After spending weeks researching on Tripadvisor and other sites, we chose Iberostar Lindo. 2 adults and 3 kids (twin 13 yr boys, 9 yr girl). My daughter is type I diabetic so we needed an all inclusive where I didn't have to worry about finding food quickly. We used Entertainment-Plus/USA Transfers for airport shuttle and Tulum/Xel-Ha excursion and they were excellent! (our driver on excursion - Mee-mo - friendly and knowledgeable)! If you go to Tulum, pay the $50 for a tour guide (Miguel is fantastic). Otherwise you have no idea what you are looking at! I have extremely active, sports-oriented kids and they were never bored at the resort (5 full days)! Star Friends guys are excellent, friendly and fun (Pedro, Erick, Andreas, Philipe and Neapolian). They are really good at what they do to engage both kids and adults! We stayed in both Bldg 52 and 54 (Lesson learned: if you need adjoining rooms, call a couple days before your trip to ensure you get them!). Both were located in front of the pool with easy access to everything. I won't detail every single thing so suffice it to say it was great unless I mention it. On that note, here are the three negative things about this resort: #1 - The whole "pay for Wifi" is a complete scam and ridiculous in this day and age. And, we felt the front desk was misleading about this subject. You can walk over to Maya and get it for free. If you, your spouse or kids are techies and need access to their email or apps to download, you will find yourself really angry and completely frustrated and I would highly consider another resort that offers free access. If, like me, you can live without it for a week, then no problem. Negative #2 - the dining reservation system needs to be completely overhauled. Restaurants will be "sold out" yet the place will be 3/4 vacant! This was very frustrating and completely unacceptable for the amount of money you pay for an "all inclusive" vacation like this. Mgmt needs to make fixing this a priority instead of "tourists make reservations then don't show up.". There are ways around that if someone would take the time. And, know that even if you were to try to go to a restaurant at 6:45pm that is empty because of 6:30pm "no shows", they still won't let you in. So, if you go, book all your dining reservations immediately upon arrival and be prepared to eat the buffet for your first night or two there unless you want a 9pm dinner reservation. Italian was ok, Seafood was very good, Mexican was good. Negative #3 - the King beds are comparable to sleeping on a brick. Double beds seemed to not be as bad. So, to sum up, if you can get the negatives, this is a fun place for adults and kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico