“Good times with kids”

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Good times with kids”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

After spending weeks researching on Tripadvisor and other sites, we chose Iberostar Lindo. 2 adults and 3 kids (twin 13 yr boys, 9 yr girl). My daughter is type I diabetic so we needed an all inclusive where I didn't have to worry about finding food quickly. We used Entertainment-Plus/USA Transfers for airport shuttle and Tulum/Xel-Ha excursion and they were excellent! (our driver on excursion - Mee-mo - friendly and knowledgeable)! If you go to Tulum, pay the $50 for a tour guide (Miguel is fantastic). Otherwise you have no idea what you are looking at! I have extremely active, sports-oriented kids and they were never bored at the resort (5 full days)! Star Friends guys are excellent, friendly and fun (Pedro, Erick, Andreas, Philipe and Neapolian). They are really good at what they do to engage both kids and adults! We stayed in both Bldg 52 and 54 (Lesson learned: if you need adjoining rooms, call a couple days before your trip to ensure you get them!). Both were located in front of the pool with easy access to everything. I won't detail every single thing so suffice it to say it was great unless I mention it. On that note, here are the three negative things about this resort: #1 - The whole "pay for Wifi" is a complete scam and ridiculous in this day and age. And, we felt the front desk was misleading about this subject. You can walk over to Maya and get it for free. If you, your spouse or kids are techies and need access to their email or apps to download, you will find yourself really angry and completely frustrated and I would highly consider another resort that offers free access. If, like me, you can live without it for a week, then no problem. Negative #2 - the dining reservation system needs to be completely overhauled. Restaurants will be "sold out" yet the place will be 3/4 vacant! This was very frustrating and completely unacceptable for the amount of money you pay for an "all inclusive" vacation like this. Mgmt needs to make fixing this a priority instead of "tourists make reservations then don't show up.". There are ways around that if someone would take the time. And, know that even if you were to try to go to a restaurant at 6:45pm that is empty because of 6:30pm "no shows", they still won't let you in. So, if you go, book all your dining reservations immediately upon arrival and be prepared to eat the buffet for your first night or two there unless you want a 9pm dinner reservation. Italian was ok, Seafood was very good, Mexican was good. Negative #3 - the King beds are comparable to sleeping on a brick. Double beds seemed to not be as bad. So, to sum up, if you can get the negatives, this is a fun place for adults and kids.

Room Tip: Bldg 52, 53 and 54 all centrally located. Bldg 55 is right next to Theatre (loud!).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

No doubt, our entertainment team will also be motivated by your generous compliments. We appreciated the time that you have taken as well of doing constructive comments, because we are committed to listen to every guest concern guests and be constantly trying to improve based on your opinion.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo!

Iberostar México.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We ( 2 adults, 1 child 9). May 31-June 7)
Check- in
went smooth. we got there about 11:30 am.Room wasn't ready so we left our bags and went on a walking trip.
We were in building 50. 2nd floor. Although far from the main lobby it was great for location to pool, buffet and beach.

Room
was clean and we had a nice balcony.Beer, soda and water we always full. Only downside was we requested the room be made up by 2 so we could go back to the room for a nap before dinner that did not happen most days.
1 note don't leave food or any open soda containers in your room or you will get ants.

Beach
Clean, some seaweed. Overall very nice beach. Beach buffet and bar were clean. Sometimes long line at the bar. But soda and juice were self service.
Had ceviche, mexican tacos and paella at the beach

Pool
loved the pool. Practically had it to ourselves. We stay clear of the pool with th bar too many people. we stayed at the pool with the waterfalls. We were right by a batroom, ice cream service, buffet, the pool and out room. If there were 10 people in that part of a pool we were lucky
Lazy river was a disappointment. Too lazy. tubes were too small to sit on or put your body in. We bought some cheap ones and inflated them ourselves. Resort sold them for like 10.00.
Wave pool was nice. ran every hour for 20 min.
Drinks
Not a big drinker but had my fair share. I was fine with what i got. Mimosa's were good. white wine at dinner was good too.
Breakfast-We ate the at the pool buffet each morning. It opened for full breakfast at 8. I had a fresh made omelet everyday. Overall a good breakfast
Lunch- Pool buffet or beach buffet. Never had a burger or hot dog. But my husband and son had no complaints. The pizza was not very flavorful. But i had grilled chciken on a roll and tha twas good. Guacamole was good too. There is also soft and hard ice cream here. they were good
Ice Cream Bar- aboce the pool was good. thy also serve ice capucinno and milk.
Dinner-
We never did the buffet for dinner but walked through. It looked good
We ate at
Seafood- delicious had tuna and hisband had steak and lobster. Buffet appetizers were awesome- crab legs, lobster claws, shrimp and that was just the cold stuff
Hibachi- was very good. A bit hot in there though. We had steak, chicken , shrimp. All we very good
Cajun- was our least favorite but nothing was wrong with the food. I had grouper that was cooked perfectly. Hisband had duck which he liked. The other restaurants we just liked better
Mexican- loved the appetizer buffet. Lots of taco options. I had tacos that were good. My husband had the lobster and he loved it
Italian at Lindo- buffet appetizers were ok. But my meal was delicious. I ordered 2 meals I got the mushroom risotto and it was delicious. I also got the filet and it was good. My hisband got the oso bucco risotto and it was the mushroom risotto then the oso bucco over it. That was delicious too.
Steak -was very good. Got tenderloin and it was delicious. I warn you when they say medium they mean medium rare. My mistake but the waiter graciously got me a well done steak.
Crepes- are at the shopping center. They are to die for. So good
Did not try the burger place or taco place at the shops but heard both were good.
Shopping place was not worth shopping- Only for the crepes

Nothing was inedible. I tried new things and liked some and not others.

Shows-
Saw 1 but left early as we were too hot. Heard they were good.

Only negative was the mosquiots. I brought Avon bug spray and it did not work. We spent 10.00 to buy off. So bring bug spary especially at the shopping place.

We walked the 4 resorts and all were nice. Wildlife was everywhere. Peacocks, Flamingos, Coatis, Cats, Swans, Iguanas oh and a racoon stealing a hot dog from the hallway

Would return here again.

4 Thank Tiffany B
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

We appreciate the time that you took to write constructive comments. It is really important for us to listen to our guests as it gives us the opportunity to be constantly trying to improve our services.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Resort is in a great location between cancun and playa del carmen, so easy to do day trips to either spot or grab ferry and hop over to cozmel as well. The beach is nice, well maintained resort, very clean and staff is very friendly. Really is a great place if you have kids there is a wave pool and lazy river ride as well as a kids club. Having access to both sides of the resort is a nice thing there are so many places to explore you never get to them all!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank snappys
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for posting your experience.

We are glad to hear you had such a great time and you were satisfied with the hotel in general!
It is hoped that you will visit the Riviera Maya in the near future and will no doubt opt to stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Streamwood
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The pool at this resort is not senior friendly. There are only two area where one can enter the pool by the way of steps and rails other wise you need to step down about 6" to an ankle deep water walkway around the whole pool. Then you need to step down another few inches into the water. All of this is very slippery. Thre is an area with a ramp going up from the pool to the walkway, again very slippery whereas I did lose my footing and fell. Thank goodness my daughter was with me, couldn't hold me but threw her raft just ahead of me so that I fell on that with most of my body otherwise I would have hit my entire body and face on the tile. I did bruise my right thigh but happily didn't break anything. From that point on we walked over to the pool at DelMar. Also, my daughter is on a sleep machine and needs distilled water for the machine, we tried the cocierge, the lobby, and Fu Jet reps to try to get the water. The Fun Jet rep finally brought some water at a PRICE whih they said was distilled. After checking the label once we got home it was discovered that the wataer had fabric softener in it. Now seeing the side effect it can cause is rather scary. Again as most others have complained they are afraid to give you wash cloths - only on the first day. We did receive a basket of fruit on arrival and because we were returned guests received a beautiful bouquet and a T-shirt saying "I'm Back" Our room was very nice and roomy and we did get what we asked for, also got all the restaurants we wanted which were all great.

Room Tip: We had the first floor facing the pool in Room 5116 which was perfect, close to the pool, the pool b...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We would like to remark on, that for Iberostar Hotels & Resorts, the satisfaction of our guests is a constant commitment. That is why your review is so important for us.

We really appreciate your comments because it gives us the opportunity to know our areas of improvment and want to work even harder to improve every day. We will pay attention on your recommendation about the pool.

We hope to welcome you back again!

Iberostar México
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We took our Gradkids to the Lindo and we all really enjoyed it!! We had 2 boys 18, and 1 girl 13 and we were busy having fun the whole time we were there as they met new friends right away. They loved the fact they could eat and drink all day if they wanted to and there was always some pool events going on and night time entertainment was also enjoyable. The entertainment staff was great and very helpful to the kids.
We did find that we needed to make reservations right away for the Specialty resturants or we were told they couldn't seat us. Which was courious as they always had open tables when we got there each night.
The only problem we had was with the darn misquitos. They were awful and the kids really got lots of bites!! We used a Deet substitute - won't ever do that again!!
The rooms were great and so was the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 54 2nd floor and we found it to be quite convienient to everything.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LuanneSo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to hear first hand from you what your impressions of our resort were on your recent visit. We thank you as well, for remembering the good service from the entertainment staff.

Your positive review, will certainly help in informing others who are considering our resort. It is our aim to provide a relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere and your review shows that we are on the right path.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We returned recently from 7 days of vacation at the Lindo. We have been repeat customers of IB for over 10 years and have recruited several couples to be loyal to IB as well. This year we had a party of 10 people total. With small kids this year, "planning" for reservations was not always possible, but the staff always accommodated us even last minute.

The best story I have on service is regarding a stuffed animal. This tiger has been with myson since he was 2 and he has to have it to sleep everynight. We accidentally left it in the sheets, we checked out and didn't realize "Pancho" was left in the hotel room. After calling the hotel, they immediately spoke to housekeeping, lost and found and security to see where Pancho could be. After a few emails they concluded they found Pancho but emailed a picture of him - looking very sad I must say - to verify it was the lost animal. Thankfully within 48 hours, my son was reunited with Pancho and the smile on his face was priceless! Thank you Veronica for never giving up and helping to reunite my son with his best friend !! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank LoveTheSun90
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank for being part of Iberostar family!

Allow us also to thank you for the privilege of serving you on your recent vacation at our resort. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us on your return home and decided to share your review with other travelers.
It is a nice story, because of the happy ending. That is exactly our commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Myself and my husband went for our silver wedding anniversary. What a let down it was considering it was the most exspensive holiday we have been on in mexico the others which were alot cheaper were much better by far! We had to move rooms four times as one wasnt suitable,one room flooded and the other room was damp! The last one fine but wasnt in there long enough to enjoy it.The food was ok but lots of burgers pastas and pizzas in buffy resturants also drinks very sweet tasting an not that good for a 5 star hotel.Pools nice but to be honest everywhere could do with a facelift! I could write pages and pages on this hotel but ill finish with very pour value for money and will not be returning.Sue UK

Room Tip: Higher floors over looking pool are sunnier and best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kerryagibbs
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We would like to highlight that for Iberostar Hotels & Resorts, the satisfaction of our guests is a constant commitment. That is why your review is so important to us.
We fell deeply touched about your disappointment and sorry about the situation mentioned. We work hard to success with our guest expectations. Your comments will help us to understand the points where we have to improve and to work even harder to improve every day.

We hope to welcome you back again,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#31 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#24 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!