To preface: I have been to the Mayan Riviera 6 times now and this is my new favorite!
The iberostar paraiso beach... where to begin? Ah, arrival and check in. Upon our arrival we were promptly greeted by the Bell boy and ushered to the front desk where once our reservations were confirmed we were handed our first drink of the week. Checking in was a breeze front desk staff was friendly and even though they were completely booked went out of their way to be as accommodating as possible.
After check in we were offered a ride to our room (if you read other reviews note the size of the resort, and more on that later...) which we declined as we wanted to explore the open air lobby on our way. After stepping into the lobby bar for a drink we started our walk to the room. After passing through the restaurant area we were greeted by lush palm trees and Peacocks. The setting is truly amazing!
After we made or way to our room (about 5 min casual stroll through more trees and animals) we changed into more comfortable clothing and headed back up to the buffet for dinner/lunch (4 pm central) we were again greeted by the wildlife. Dinner was your "typical" resort buffet, nothing bad but nothing fantastic either. The wait staff was pleasant but not very attentive.
We then headed out for the rest of the resort. The grounds were well kept and luscious. The pool was clean and even with the young kids (10-15) was fairly quiet.
The beach was spectacular! Very few open chairs to be found and always activities to be had (volleyball, soccer, jet ski, etc) one day they even had a bikini contest.
The chair situation st the beach= horrible. We got down to the beach one morning by 8 am and ALL of the palapas were "reserved". Towels on the chair but no one to be seen. Went on and on all week. Just be bold and move the stuff as we did. One day we sat there for 4 hours without seeing anyone who grabbed the towels we moved.
Walking around the resort was a major complaint in several other reviews I read but if you are in reasonably healthy shape it should be no issue. From the waters edge at the beach to the front entrance, with stopping to wash feet in the sand wash area, at a casual stroll pace was 8min. Wore a pedometer one day and we walked, not including water time of course, 5.5 miles. And that day was probably just about average.
All in all I give it 4 of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico