“Beautiful environment”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very nice hotel. Wild life around the grounds. Super clean, good food clean beach. I would recommend anytime. The only problem, unless you like to walk a lot, is distance between room, pool, beach, restaurant. But then again the environment was so beautiful, you enjoy the seen.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your vacations.

Thank you for highlighting our grounds, the wildlife and the cleanliness of our Hotel and beach. It is great to know that our efforts have made your stay unforgettable.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again another great stay with us.

Iberostar Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (5,342)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our first time at an Iberostar hotel and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is on a massive complex which includes the Paraiso Beach, Lindo and Del Mar, all of which you are welcome at, and also highly colourful and futuristic Conference centre - you'll understand what I mean when you see it! There is also a small shopping centre, with a creperie, hamburger and taco shop, which don't open until late afternoon or evening, but are part of your all- inclusive deal. There are also gift shops, jewellers and clothing stores. Note: this little shopping centre is the only place that you can get free wi-fi at the Paraiso Beach, which is a pain and would be more so if you had any kind of mobility impairment, because it's about a five minute walk from the hotel. Transport comes along every five minutes or so to take you back if you can't manage the walk. You can purchase wi-fi at the hotel, but it's ridiculously expensive. Come on Iberostar - sort it out!!! The rest of the world can provide free wi-fi - I can get it in my local coffee shop for goodness' sake!!
Moving on from that, as has been pointed put in previous reviews the site is enormous, all on the flat and little golf buggies and a small, (really cute) red land train are available to get you around and sort out luggage and so on. The grounds are lovely, beautifully kept and and pleasure to walk in - however, if you're not a fan of birds, maybe you should look at going somewhere else. There are about 20 peacocks and guinea fowl wandering about, perching on balconies and roofs and they are not shy to come right up to you. There are also Macaws, which are confined, mud slider turtles, likewise and Coatimundis, which are not and you'll encounter them all on a regular basis.
The staff were wonderful, courteous, polite and can't do enough for you - case in point is Felipe in the buffet restaurant and Geraldo in the quiet pool bar. The food is lovely, plentiful and fresh, maybe a bit repetitive and their fresh fruit selection is a little limited, but they are minor niggles really. It's all beautifully presented too.
The rooms are clean, but fairly basic, the mini- bar restocked every other day (all included) and a lovely touch from Maria, our maid, was her little towel animals - she's a proper artist! Word of warning though, there are no lifts and it's a long climb after a few cocktails and the marble floors get very slippery when it rains - which it did - quite a bit.
The pools were beautiful and clean, a little cold at first, to be fair, but you soon warm up and the quiet pool with the lazy river, waterfall and jacuzzi is a must, again.... check out Geraldo the pool bar. And the swinging beds were a fantastic way to relax.
The beach is beautiful, clean white sand and finding a sunbed wasn't a problem, the sea is quite rough from time to time and there are rocks close to shore, surf shoes may be a good idea and the rip-tide is quite strong. There is also a small bar, but you do have to queue and also a BBQ grill at lunchtime to save you the long trip back to the hotel, or there is another small restaurant at the beach. It's a good idea to check the hotel maps, which are given out at check in and dotted around the site as there are a lot of features that you don't immediately find, like the all- inclusive ice cream bar at the kids pool.
Can't comment on the entertainment as to be honest we didn't see any, we did hear it and it sounded enjoyable and from other guests comments it was really good, but since this is my review and not theirs, it's something you'll need to check out yourself. The Star Friends, the entertainment team were always around, encouraging people to play games and join in the evenings fun - those kids certainly earn their wages, they're on the go, morning to night, as are the rest of the staff.
So I'm done with this review, hope it was helpful and if you go to the Paraiso Beach that you have a lovely time.

Room Tip: We were in 3455 - third floor and there are no lifts as I said, but it was far enough away from the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I went to this hotel last springand I've recently been planning on going back. The staff was absolutely lovely, one of the ladies gave my mother spanish lessons and since my mom isn't much of a beach person that was the highlight of her trip. The layout of the resort was great, I love the walking distance to each place. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarakristina3
Reviewed January 30, 2014

i went with a girl friend for a week it was just amazing. I enjoyed the food, beach, hotel, property. I just had a great time. the staff is very nice specially from entertainment. I think everybody works hard to make your stay enjoyable. the food was good it could go better it becomes repetitive after few days. overall a big and good resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Norie A
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar once again and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad to know that the general impression of the Hotel and our service was great. We have forwarded your feedback to the Head Chef and his Staff to take it under consideration for the service at the Main Buffets and Specialty restaurants.

Thank you for your review and we sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future at Iberostar.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This resort is very beautiful and very large. So much to see from turtles to parrots. The grounds are unbelievable like something out of a movie.

Check in.
Flight landed in cancun at 730pm and we were at our resort in a little over an hour after which was great. Once we got to the lobby, and picked our jaws up from amazement, we had our room keys and an ice cold drink in hand with in a matter of minutes. Isamel the front desk gentlemen who was also the same person I dealt with via email prior to arrival was over and above what we wanted or even needed.

Rooms.
Rooms were very spacious and clean, no musty smells or bugs. We were in the 35 building on the second floor. I would recommend maybe a third floor room to anyone as the view would be much more pleasant. We had a pool view right at the covered jacuzzi waterfall but the view was slightly covered by trees. Bathroom was huge and safe worked great same as the ac.

Restaurants.
We did the Brazilian and the Japanese and both were absolutely amazing! The Japanese is a must your mind will be blown. Fire, flipping rice bowls and juggling spatulas just unreal! And the Brazilian is so good. The meats are all done to perfection and so tasty. The will keep coming til you say your full highly recommend it as well. We ate at both buffets most of the time and they are really good always something different. The restaurant by the beach is mostly a burger bar and they are very very good. The restaurant right at the end of the pool is also very delicious. Lots of salad and fried items as well.

Bars.
Most of the time we spend at the lobby bar at the beach side and for the most part service was really good. We headed over to the del Mar lobby bar o e night and it is really really good as well more comfortable seating I think. The disco is well a disco lots of Shots loud good music and also a comfy seating area if you want to lounge. Service is also really good there too.

Theater.
The shows are all really a lot of fun and aimed at every one. The service staff is very good too for the size of it. We had lots of good laughs here.

Beach/pools.
The sand is perfect and the water is so nice, warm and mostly swim able. We only had 1 red flag day. There is always lots of chairs and tables with covers to find through out the beach. The pools are also very nice a bit cold but refreshing when it's hot. Tons of chairs and hammocks and everything. Swim up bars are also great and a shot of tequila will warn you right up.

Service.
Every staff member we seen was always happy and quick to say hello. Raul the bell boy was awesome! Would stop and pick us up on the cart whenever he saw us and shared lots of good stories with us. Raphael in the buffet was also a stand out and glad we had the chance to meet him.

Overall, this place is an 8 out of 10 and would have no doubt in my mind to recommend this resort to anybody.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Frozen_gringo

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are more than glad to know that your recent experience was great and that you took the time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor. It is fantastic to know that this first visit was great and you enjoyed your vacation without any inconvenience.

These are the comments we love to read from our guests since they keep us motivated to keep offering the most amazing experiences and unforgettable memories. We have forwarded your feedback to all the people you mention, they will be thrilled to read your kind words.

We love to deliver paradisiacal and unforgettable vacations.

Truly yours,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I feel silly doing another review of this property, but I promised I would, so I am.
I have other reviews already on here, pertaining to this place and they still hold true. Senor-Brian loves this place!

We were there again over the first week of January, 2014 and we once again had a blast. I won't get into any of the negatives, because they are so minor that they don't bear mentioning (and other more negative people have already covered any negatives to death!)

Please though; don't go here and then complain because it is too big! Nearly every review you will read will reference the enormity of the place and for good reason.
Many also complain about the abundance of animals - for many of us that is an extreme POSITIVE!

I've been six or seven times to this place with all manner of groups/family and I will go back. I love this place like few other places... and the reason I love it so is the people.

Ismail, Jorge, Angelica and Jaqueline at the front desk are patient, helpful, friendly and intelligent.
(A Different) Ismail, Rocio, the Young Eduardo and the rest of the staff at the (PBeach) lobby bar are amazing, friendly and always smiling. Ismail is a real joker and he and I are always messing with each others' heads. He's a lot of fun.

Eduardo (Senior), Big D. (Demitrius) and Luis at the Del Mar lobby bar are a great bunch of guys. They work very hard and are very busy... but they always stay smiling and friendly.

Some other favourites on mine are Lionel (mostly at the bar on the beach), Dalia (pool, beach or Del Mar lobby) is a great friend of mine as well; she's such a happy, hard-working lady.

Big Lizardo at the buffet is awesome and this time I made two new friends who I like very much; Kenje (wrong spelling, but just call him Kanye West and he'll smile) and Moncye (again, wrong spelling but close enough for identification purposes) who is a very pleasant young lady.

My old buddy bell-men are some great, great guys; Anastesio is an old friend by now and he never stops working and smiling. Raul is a terrific guy as well, and Florencio is the man with all the answers: All the bellmen work very hard, are very friendly and knowledgeable as well.

I've mentioned only a few of the staff at this very large place, but I can honestly say that I really, really love the people who work here. From Edgar the security guard to Jorge the bartender at the disco... I've never met a staff member who didn't end up becoming my buddy during on of my frequent visits. I admire their work ethic, friendliness and ability to keep smiling, even when rude or impatient visitors were yelling or being disrespectful.

It rained; big deal, staff can't help that. Once in awhile I've become sick... but I'm in Mexico, a Country far from home; these things happen. I don't worry, I don't whine and I don't complain. When I am on vacation I leave stress behind; nothing gets me mad and I never get mean and nasty... especially at this place.

I am HAPPY here and I will go back... again and again... I think of this place as my second home. The reason for this is because many of the staff, by now, feel like my family... and I MISS THEM, very much. So does my family. I know because I have asked them. My youngest daughter has been going here since she was four and she is now fifteen... It's like 'our place at the lake' or something and we can hardly imagine not going back again soon.

The Iberostar Paraiso Beach may not be perfect for everyone... but is it for me.

Room Tip: Buildings 32-35 are nice and centrally located.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank brcurtis

Dear Senor-Brian,

On behalf of the Iberostar Paraiso Beach management and our Staff we would like to thank you for choosing us again and again for your vacations!

We sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is great to know you had an amazing time with us and that you highlighted our services, grounds and the kindness of our entire Staff.

We have already shared all these compliments with our Staff and we are already looking forward for your next visit, to your home away from home!!

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The resort is beautifully landscaped, and as other reviewers have stated very large so if you are looking for a more intimate resort experience, you should probably look elsewhere. We enjoyed the size and don't mind walking as it helps to burn off the refreshments! The pool is beautiful and also very large, no problems getting a choice spot to lay out. Food is pretty good, we tried several of the restaurants. Staff was always friendly and helpful, rooms were kept clean, and minibar was restocked every day (we thought it was supposed to be every 2nd day). We were in Building 34 which was quiet, close to the pool (though a bit of a trek to the lobby and restaurants if you are walking) The wildlife (peacocks, coatis, and iguanas) was fun to watch. All in all, a good experience!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CanuckVoyageur

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations.

We are truly glad to know that your recent experience was great and that you highlight our wildlife, grounds, services and the food at the different restaurants. It is important for us that your shared your comments since it provides us a great motivational and improvement tool for our service.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again our Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#74 of 215 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
#50 of 215 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!