We just returned from the Paraiso Beach on Oct. 23rd. We had a great time! It's only about a 30 minute drive from the Cancun airport. At check in, we were offered an upgrade at a discounted price. One upgrade offer was to stay at the Lindo and the other was an oceanview room on the beach. Since we arrived early in the morning, our rooms were not ready anyways so before we made our decision, we took a look at both options. We were only there 4 nights so the upgrade to the oceanview room is what we chose (only $50 extra per night). Part of the reason we took the upgrade is our original room was in a building at the closed section of the pool. They are currently doing tile work in one large area of the pool and that is where that room was located. The oceanview room was fantastic!
Specialty Restaurants: We had dinner at the Japanese, Brazilian, Steakhouse and Mexican.
The Japanese was a lot of fun and really good. It's just like a Benihana. The chefs do all the tricks of spinning the knives, tossing the food, etc. We really enjoyed it. The Brazilian was our favorite. They bring skewers of meat to your table. The appetizers/salad bar was the best of the four. The steakhouse was good...but I'm from the Midwest so the steak can't compare. It was a little tough. The Mexican restaurant was our least favorite. The food was just not that good. it's not authentic Mexican.
Two great eateries can be found in the mall on property. The taco place, small but tasty tacos with a selection of meat choices. And the Creperie. Delicious crepes made to order.
The buffet food was pretty good compared to others we've had. No complaints, we know what to expect.
It was often a challenge to get change for tipping so the next time, I will bring with me plenty of small bills.
I wanted to mention one bellman that was terrific. His name is Raul. He was the most polite, friendly and happy employee I've come across. It was a pleasure to talk with him.
The beach was clean and always plenty of chairs available no matter what time we went out there. We would lay by the pool in the morning, maybe participate in the water aerobics, and enjoy the lively music. After lunch, we'd move out to the beach. The breeze felt great and it was quieter and more relaxing. As the sun starts to go down and not as hot, it's perfect after you've been baking in the sun by the pool
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico