“great resort”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The grounds are very large, but it was easy to walk around or wait for the shuttle (golf carts) if you didn't feel like walking. Everyone was very friendly and we had great service while we were there. It rained nearly everyday which was disappointing but obviously not the resort's fault. Our room was nice and clean though the bed was a little hard for my liking. Our minibar was refreshed everyday. The pool area was huge with lots of available seats. The beach area was great too with lots of chairs/umbrellas plus a bar and snack area right on the beach. The food was great with lots of options. You will need to make reservations for the restaurants, but that wasn't a problem for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
3  Thank jackiej456
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your opinion of your stay at Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

We appreciate your sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

We are glad that you feel your vacation was incredible; we will communicate it to our Staff and the people in charge of every department that contributed to making your vacation special.

We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Paraiso Beach

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Iberostar Pariso del Mar for work and it was a great experience - the food was better than expected, for an all inclusive hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly - they spoke great English too, which was a big help. The beaches are gorgeous and the pool was well kept. I would definitely come back for a relaxing trip with my family.

Room Tip: The 2000 building is closest to the lobby and the 1100 building is closest to the beach. FYI. The 14...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Friends,

First of all we would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your vacation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments and feedback. Please know that the management and staff at Iberostar Resorts are committed to providing an ambience which satisfies the needs of our diverse clientele and it is so gratifying to learn that you lived an amazing experience; it cheers us up and drives us to keep improving ourselves.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future; we would be looking forward for your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a great week at Paraiso Beach. Some highlights:

Daughters age 7 and 12 loved the kids club. Liliana and Fernanda were great friends with the girls and made them want to go back every day.

Didn't do as many adult activites but the staff worked just as hard as the ladies in kids club, and we had fun with what we did.

Brazilian Steakhouse was outstanding food and service, and all food except the dinner buffet was good. Other highlights were the Mexican and Japanese Restaurants, and the Taco Place.

Theatre shows were entertaining, and the Las Vegas and Magic shows were our favorites. We had fun at the Disco, too!

Room was comfortable and clean. No problems with the A/C as reported by others.

Pool was very nice, but gets very dirty in the afternoon from spilled drinks and who knows what else. Mostly found chairs somewhere around the pool at any time of the day. Best spots however had towels before we woke up.

Got some golf cart rides but we also had some bad experiences where folks said they wouldn't give us a ride. Not sure if we should have been waving tips in the air when they stopped. Got the feeling by the end of the week that tips might have helped.

Bars weren't crowded and drinks were good.

Only big problem was the marina. We scheduled a catamaran four consecutive days and they never took me for a lesson. First too windy, then to wavy, then not windy enough (this is really what they said!). After that they told me it wasn't necessary to book the time every morning, but the next day they were booked solid all day. We wound up going scuba diving which was expensive but lots of fun. Seemed they were "working us" to scuba dive all week. Guess it worked for them, but it was a big disappointment for us. We hadn't taken a catamaran out since our honeymoon and wanted the experience again, and for our kids.

I think that covers all the big stuff. For some of the discounts we have seen, this was an amazing week and the entertainment staff was the best we've seen (and a highlight of our vacation). The kids at one point said it was better than the Disney Cruise, and it was certainly one of our best vacations yet!

Room Tip: We got Building #35, 3rd Floor and it was great.
1  Thank Karen R
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management and the Staff at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, we would like to thank you for our recent stay.

Thank you for the invaluable feedback you have shared with us and fellow travelers with respect to your recent experience here.

We feel honored to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel; we have forwarded your comments to the Staff and the people in charge of every department to keep them motivated to offer the same amazing service to all our clients.

Regarding sailing, for the nautical company safety comes first, and it is important to have the right weather conditions to ensure this. Little wind can be terrible uncomfortable for you if once inside the sea the wind drops completely and the catamaran does not move or worse, it is pushed by waves (which could knock over the catamaran). We are sorry you were disappointed about this; in any case your comments will be forwarded to the nautical company.

We hope to welcome you back in our Hotel in your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I used trip advisor to find this place and it was what everyone had said. Parasio Beach is a compound of 4 Iberostar hotels with a golf course and shopping plaza. "Beach" and Del Mar" share the pool area and restaurants. the lobby, restaurants, opens spaces are all very nice. the food is very good; we ate at the Japanese and Brazillian.. both very good. The buffets were ok, no complaints. They made tasty drinks and had some mid level shelf brands.
The plaza had a cool little bar. a taco shop, crepe shop, burger joint and disco (late night). you must have a taco and a burger.. both tasty.
The golf course is great.. we played twilight for $89 with club rental.. but be warned the $40 club rentals are junk... they want $65 for the good clubs
The one thing to remember about this place... be prepared to walk... they have carts that come around, but there's a lot of walking but nice walks

Room Tip: building 3600 is in the middle
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fred T

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your recent stay and also for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you. It was also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much. We regret to know that the clubs were not as you expected, we have already forwarded your comments to the Golf Manager to take in consideration.

We hope that you will not hesitate to visit with us again in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back from Mexico about a week ago, and were staying here for 2 weeks and I thought I should give this place a review.

Hotel: It was very well kept and maintained. Staff worked endlessly keeping the pools, floors, and everywhere else spotless. I've read a few comments and complaints in regards to the distance from the rooms to the beach, etc., and honestly, it's not that bad. If it was minus 30 degrees, then I'll understand, but complaining about walking 10-15 mins to the beach or pool in plus 30? I think the walk is a good way to burn off those food and drinks. The cleaning lady came to our room everyday, and I thought she did a pretty good job. At times she would forget to bring extra towels, or toilet paper so we'll just call for some. There is room service, so you can call for it between a certain period of time, and they'll bring it right to you.
Our room was situated in the 4000s and were between 2 theatres. Sometimes music and instruments would be blaring from there all day long, making it difficult to rest, which was kind of annoying. The A/C in the room was a bit of a problem, because sometimes it would get so cold (and we're from Canada so that should say something), that I had to ask for another blanket. The A/C is centrally controlled, so you can't adjust it yourself so you have to call a number and get someone to adjust it. However, they usually say no because they want to keep everything the same. Also, there were tiny bugs that kept coming out from nowhere, so I'm not too sure if that should be raised as a concern..

Staff: The staff overall were very polite and respectful, especially the waiters. The thing that really got to us was that so many people did not tip! I understand that it's a resort and everything is all-inclusive, but that should actually make hotel guests want to tip more as these staff are literally working for nothing.

On another note, the concierge and people at reception were useless. We wanted to try different restaurants and go to different clubs outside the resort, but nobody at the resort knew where to go, and refused to find out more information for us. I actually searched up the numbers beforehand, and they would not call the restaurants and make reservations for us. They told us we had to use the payphone that was around the corner and call them. First of all, it's ridiculous that we had to pay to call locally, and second of all, the payphones weren't even working! Finally, we had to walk to the sister hotel, Del Mar, and someone there helped us call and made reservations for us. We had to go through the same frustrations with the manager, receptionists and concierge (they shouldn't be called that) whenever we wanted to inquire about taxis, clubs, events, or anything outside the resort. Some of them would look at us as if they didn't understand, even though my boyfriend spoke Spanish to them. We finally gave up and decided to just head to Playa del Carmen and find the places ourselves.

Food: Overall, the food at the buffet was good. You can't expect supreme quality with buffet food, so I was actually impressed with some of the offerings that they had. There was a breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and dinner buffet. I found a lot of the items to be really salty and greasy, but there are also plenty of fruits and veggies. The desserts were really, really good, so my boyfriend and I loaded up on them. There are snack bars on the beach, and another restaurant near the pool, so just explore the place when you get there. Oh, and make a point to try out the taco place and icecream/creperie shop at the shopping plaza nearby (it's all-inclusive as well). We went to a couple of the restaurants where you had to make reservations at the front desk. We tried the Mediterranean (food was really salty, buffet was kind of bland), Japanese (you'll like it if you like teppanyaki style, but I like more of the sashimi and sushi rolls, so it was okay for me), Brazilian (this was really good. There were different cuts of meat, and all them were very good) and French (the place looked nice, but the food not so much. Food was cold when it should have been warm and the food tasted kind of rubbery).

Entertainment: My boyfriend and I left the resort a lot, so we didn't have as much time experiencing the entertainment here. However, the night shows at the theatre are really good. They had this Mayan show on Friday, and it was surprisingly good. There are a lot of beach activities (zumba, yoga, archery, soccer, volleyball,etc) during the day, so be sure to check up on that if you're planning on staying on the resort a lot.

Beach and pool: The beach was really nice, with a lot of lounge chairs and cabanas. I thought the beach was kept very clean, considering the amount of people that were there. Pools were also clean and nice looking. There's a pool bar, and also a nearby icecream bar.

So all in all, we would definitely return back to this resort, I just hope their receptionists and concierge will be more helpful and knowledgeable. Hopefully this long review helped some of you!

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach are much quieter. Rooms near the restaurants are near the theatres, so noise ca...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank jmliu2

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the direction of Iberostar Paraiso Beach, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor how your vacations went at our Complex.

We appreciate you took the time to share your comments with us since it provides us important information for our improvement. We are glad to know that your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed the beauty of our grounds and the service from our Staff.

We regret to know that you had some issues with collecting information of different restaurants or clubs outside the Hotel and also the lack of assistance to make any reservation outside the Hotel possible. We have forwarded your comments to the management and the Public Relations office to take the necessary measures and avoid these incidents.

We have forwarded your feedback regarding the Buffets and specialty restaurants to the Chef and his Staff, they work hard every day to meet guests’ expectations and offer amazing service and food quality always, and they will take your comments into account for their improvement.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again our warm hospitality; the Staff would look forward to your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the best time. I had been working very hard this summer and NEEDED a vacation. We wanted an all-inclusive and was scared but hopeful. This place demolished every reservation I had. My children, husband, sister and brother went this August 18 through 25, 2013. The entrance and lobby greeted us with splendor. The food was good and plentiful. The entertainment staff was on point. Edu, Monse, Yeya and the rest of the crew kept the excitement going all day long. I loved when I broke my finger, that Edu came to check on me. Book your restaurants early because they are hard to get into. Surprisingly, the Mexican restaurant was the worst for us. Go figure. The staff and bartenders were so accommodating. We tried to get to Freddy's area at the buffet each night for dinner and Marciano's area in the morning. They remembers your drinks and what you like and don't like. The men loved the bartender Roger. He was so accommodating and helpful. My children's room had some issues, but the staff was very accommodating and came promptly to fix or replace the problems. They never got the shower fixed, but I think the hotel may have needed to do more extensive work and need them to be out of the room. We were all together and wanted to stay that way. My family takes one big vacation a year and we usually don't return to the same place because there are so many new places to see. However, we are working on our return visit here. Maybe even next year. Definitely the year after.

3  Thank Latasha S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first trip as a family for myself, my Mom, my brother his girlfriend and his 3 teenaged children. Overall for us as a family it was great everyone came back to Canada alive! The resort was beautiful full of amazing animals including flamingos parrots swans and these cute coati's that just wondered around the resort. The food was great! My 13 year old nephew realized he LOVES lobster.

Checking in was a hassle as they did not have rooms for us so we had to upgrade to get what we wanted, to be in the same building.

The employees were very nice and went out of their way for you.

The pool was fantastic and the beach had a lot going on with a bbq beach volleyball and an awesome bar. It was a little too crowded though.

The rooms were huge with very comfortable beds, my only complaint was the shower was built for someone 5 feet tall lol There was even room service which is great at the end of the night.

I have been to many resorts and this is quite nice but in my travels have learned I prefer a smaller resort which this is not. We had rooms that was in the second to last building by the pool GREAT. Everything else was at the other end of the resort. We could also use 3 other resorts but geez it would have taken an hour to get to them it seemed.

All in all we had a great time and would recommend this resort as long as you are ready for some long walks.

1  Thank Tla123

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Iberostar Paraiso Beach Management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation.

We appreciate you decided to stay at our Hotel for your vacations and we are pleased that your stay was great. We have congratulated our Staff and the people in charge of every department that collaborated to deliver happiness and an unforgettable experience.

We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed a great time at the Resort with all your family even that you prefer smaller Resorts. We have shared your comments to the Front Desk manager to inform them your feedback from the check in.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#46 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
#71 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!