“Loved it”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved this place!!!! We had a really nice vacation. The beach was beautiful.The only thing I didn't like was the service at the Brazilian restaurant. The servers were really rude. But the rest of the trip was amazing.

1  Thank Ana M
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management team of Iberostar Paraiso Beach, we would like to thank you for your recent stay.

We are glad to know that your vacation was lovely and you had a nice time at our Resort. Your feedback is truly important to us, since it helps us improve our services and facilities.

We have already forwarded your comments to the people in charge of every department to inform them your feedback and nice comments. Be sure that the comments of the Brazilian restaurant will be taken into consideration by our Food & Beverage Manager and take the necessary corrective actions with the staff. We apologize about that.

We really hope you give us the opportunity again to provide you with another amazing stay. We would be looking forward to that.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Iberostar resort and had a great time. The service is excellent, beach was nice, and pool had busy and quiet areas. Be prepared to walk a lot, the resort is very big. The food was accessible from each end of the resort with many places to stop for lunch or snacks.

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your stay.

We are more than glad to know that your recent experience was incredible and you enjoyed your time at our Resort. It is our pleasure to read that you highlighted the service, the great areas and that the food was always accessible at the different locations inside the resort.

It would be great if you chose us again for your next vacation, we would be looking forward for your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our 7th trip to Mexico. We generally travel in 5-star hotel. The Paraiso was not the worst we've ever been to but it was far from the best. Everything is average. The food, the pool, the room were ok. The service was very poor. We had to call at least 3 or 4 times for everything. It was the first time and the the last time we go to this resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation.

We appreciate your sending us your feedback since it provides important information and the best tool for our improvement.

We regret to know that our Hotel did not reach your expectations and that you found our services and facilities average. We have already forwarded your comments to the people in charge of every department to inform them about your feedback, with the intention of working on our improvement.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy the amazing paradisiacal environment that the Riviera Maya has to offer.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My first vacation to the may riviera was a fabulous experience. The hotel was great! The room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. There was lots of wildlife to see as well. The food was good and I would recommend booking some of the a la carte dinners. We went to the steak, Japanese and Mediterranean restaurants. They were all good and we enjoyed our experience. We golfed and enjoyed the spa facilities which are extra $. The people and service was awesome. Very friendly people! Our only complaint would be that we couldn't get a corona beer. We heard some hotels you can get it but others you can't. Overall, our holiday was great and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank papaleo1
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Management team we would like to thank you for choosing our Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to share you amazing comments with us; it is great to know that you found our facilities and the service of our Staff outstanding.

Your feedback motivates us to keep on the same track and reinforces our commitment to offer quality services and unforgettable memories. We shared your feedback with the people in charge of every department to inform them about the great service provided by our staff.

We would be honored to welcome you back in the near future, if this is the case do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

You get what you pay for at this resort. From what I've heard, the Pariaso Beach is the cheapest of all Iberostar Hotels. I was not impressed with the peacocks and their feces all around the grounds of the hotel. The pool was wonderful, the buffet -ok, the mexican and japenese restaurants were superb. The only negative feedback about the japanese restaurant is the fact that they don't let you choose your food, but rather tell you what they're making and hope you like it. You receive a menu, but don't bother reading it. This defeats the purpose of having a menu in my opinion.

The best part of the whole vacation, was our visits with Didier Sanchez. He helped us get our missing luggage from Frontier, he organized our excursion, and he coordinated our night out in downtown Playa del Carmen. Didier was a blessing. He was very courteous, prompt, and efficient in everything! He promised he'd do his best to help us retrieve our luggage, and sure enough it arrived the next day. Didier is remarkable, competent and very helpful employee. Thank you Didier for making our trip great!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your vacation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us since it provides important information regarding our services and facilities.

We are glad that you enjoyed the pool and also that you visited the Mexican and Japanese restaurants and they were superb. This is a great motivation for the Staff. The Japanese restaurant has a menu you can choose from, however, if you choose the Teppanyaki they cook at the table and the guests that order the same meal are served directly from the table. We apologize about not giving you full information on this to avoid confusions. We will pass this on to our personnel.

We hope that you give us the chance to welcome you back the next time you visit the Riviera Maya, it would be our pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not one to complain or write bad reviews based off of a couple of mishaps...but my stay at this resort was so bad I feel like I need to share...My boyfriend and I traveled to Mexico and stayed at this resort for a quick, relaxing, and fun getaway. It was anything but thanks to this hotel.

1. The staff at this resort was RUDE! Before we arrived, I emailed them requesting a room AWAY from the theater because we wanted a quiet atmosphere. They responded, only acknowledging my boyfriend, not me. When we arrived, they pretty much ignored me and only made eye contact and spoke to my boyfriend. If I talked or asked a question, my boyfriend was addressed and given a response...it was like I was never there. THIS HAPPENED ALL THE TIME! Anyway, our request was not granted and we were given a room right by the theater. It was so loud our first night, we requested to change rooms. They gave us another room 5 buildings down..at night we realized that this new room WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE OTHER RESORT THEATER!! IT was 3x as loud! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The staff did not care. no apologies, no nothing. RUDE.

2. The food was horrible. I would rather heat up a lean cuisine or hot pocket than eat this food. The drinks were watered down and the staff was rude when serving..no surprise there.

3. If you are traveling with kids..this resort may be good for you. KIDS EVERYWHERE!! It was not ideal for a couple at all. Many times we would witness kids using theirs hands, and re-used utensils to serve themselves food. We quickly lost our appetites.

4. The grounds were pretty..except for all of the NASTY swamp-ponds by the lobby and the restaurants. It was gross and smelled horribly..perfect breeding ground for all of the mosquitos on the property. The walk to the beach was long, but we like to walk and didn't mind. When we checked out with our luggage, we were walking to the lobby and saw an empty golf cart coming...I flagged him down..HE KEPT DRIVING. Maybe it was because I am a woman and my boyfriend didn't flag him down instead.

Overall this place is horrible. I was been to Mexico 3 times this past year and I have NEVER been treated so poorly or experienced such an awful resort. We wanted to maybe try something different...BIG MISTAKE on our part. The only time we had a good vacation was when we LEFT the resort to go do something. I really wish we could get some of our money back, I feel robbed, big time. I will be contacting the main corporate offices of Iberostar to make sure they are informed of our experience.

7  Thank Stephanie R

Dear Stephanie R,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience.

We regret to know that your recent experience was not up to your expectations.

We are sorry we could not grant your room request. Even though our Front Desk Manager does his best to accommodate our guests’ petitions, we cannot guarantee any room request at the time of the booking, since they depend on the availability we have upon your arrival.

We regret to know that the email received from our Hotel was not addressed to both of you. Be sure that we will forward your comments to the Front Desk and the Concierge departments to take more precautions to avoid offending our guests. However we would like to clarify that this was never intentional and we usually address our correspondence to the name on the email address. We would like to add that Iberostar has an equal proportion of males and females in its workforce, likewise it receives a proportional number of guests of different genders and no distinctions whatsoever are made. All of our guests are important to us.

As per the children at the Hotel, Iberostar Paraiso Beach is indeed a family-oriented hotel; however, we have certain areas that can be used by guests searching for a quiet time. Regarding our buffets, thank you for that feedback, which has been passed on to our restaurant staff to avoid situations such as the one described.

We are glad that you liked our grounds. We are located in a natural protected area, and as a Green Globe certified hotel we conserve the vegetation and look after the wild life. The pounds work as home for different species here at the hotel and they are cleaned regularly.

If you ever choose Riviera Maya for your vacation again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our Iberostar.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a great trip, We love Iberostar - this was our 3rd time to visit Iberostar resorts but first time at this location. Lots of restaurants, we especially enjoyed the Mediterranean restaurant. the staff was so helpful and friendly.

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for the third time for your vacations.

It is fantastic to know that you have given Iberostar the chance to offer you our service and our facilities on different occasions. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us since it provides important information regarding our services and facilities.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the Mediterranean restaurant food and that this was your favourite!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future; we hope you choose Mayan Riviera and of course Iberostar Paraiso Beach again for your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#50 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
#71 of 214 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!