“Awesome vacation at the iberstar beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, Ontario , Canada
“Awesome vacation at the iberstar beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My first vacation to the may riviera was a fabulous experience. The hotel was great! The room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. There was lots of wildlife to see as well. The food was good and I would recommend booking some of the a la carte dinners. We went to the steak, Japanese and Mediterranean restaurants. They were all good and we enjoyed our experience. We golfed and enjoyed the spa facilities which are extra $. The people and service was awesome. Very friendly people! Our only complaint would be that we couldn't get a corona beer. We heard some hotels you can get it but others you can't. Overall, our holiday was great and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank papaleo1
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

On behalf of the Management team we would like to thank you for choosing our Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to share you amazing comments with us; it is great to know that you found our facilities and the service of our Staff outstanding.

Your feedback motivates us to keep on the same track and reinforces our commitment to offer quality services and unforgettable memories. We shared your feedback with the people in charge of every department to inform them about the great service provided by our staff.

We would be honored to welcome you back in the near future, if this is the case do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Arvada, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

You get what you pay for at this resort. From what I've heard, the Pariaso Beach is the cheapest of all Iberostar Hotels. I was not impressed with the peacocks and their feces all around the grounds of the hotel. The pool was wonderful, the buffet -ok, the mexican and japenese restaurants were superb. The only negative feedback about the japanese restaurant is the fact that they don't let you choose your food, but rather tell you what they're making and hope you like it. You receive a menu, but don't bother reading it. This defeats the purpose of having a menu in my opinion.

The best part of the whole vacation, was our visits with Didier Sanchez. He helped us get our missing luggage from Frontier, he organized our excursion, and he coordinated our night out in downtown Playa del Carmen. Didier was a blessing. He was very courteous, prompt, and efficient in everything! He promised he'd do his best to help us retrieve our luggage, and sure enough it arrived the next day. Didier is remarkable, competent and very helpful employee. Thank you Didier for making our trip great!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your vacation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us since it provides important information regarding our services and facilities.

We are glad that you enjoyed the pool and also that you visited the Mexican and Japanese restaurants and they were superb. This is a great motivation for the Staff. The Japanese restaurant has a menu you can choose from, however, if you choose the Teppanyaki they cook at the table and the guests that order the same meal are served directly from the table. We apologize about not giving you full information on this to avoid confusions. We will pass this on to our personnel.

We hope that you give us the chance to welcome you back the next time you visit the Riviera Maya, it would be our pleasure to assist you.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not one to complain or write bad reviews based off of a couple of mishaps...but my stay at this resort was so bad I feel like I need to share...My boyfriend and I traveled to Mexico and stayed at this resort for a quick, relaxing, and fun getaway. It was anything but thanks to this hotel.

1. The staff at this resort was RUDE! Before we arrived, I emailed them requesting a room AWAY from the theater because we wanted a quiet atmosphere. They responded, only acknowledging my boyfriend, not me. When we arrived, they pretty much ignored me and only made eye contact and spoke to my boyfriend. If I talked or asked a question, my boyfriend was addressed and given a response...it was like I was never there. THIS HAPPENED ALL THE TIME! Anyway, our request was not granted and we were given a room right by the theater. It was so loud our first night, we requested to change rooms. They gave us another room 5 buildings down..at night we realized that this new room WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE OTHER RESORT THEATER!! IT was 3x as loud! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The staff did not care. no apologies, no nothing. RUDE.

2. The food was horrible. I would rather heat up a lean cuisine or hot pocket than eat this food. The drinks were watered down and the staff was rude when serving..no surprise there.

3. If you are traveling with kids..this resort may be good for you. KIDS EVERYWHERE!! It was not ideal for a couple at all. Many times we would witness kids using theirs hands, and re-used utensils to serve themselves food. We quickly lost our appetites.

4. The grounds were pretty..except for all of the NASTY swamp-ponds by the lobby and the restaurants. It was gross and smelled horribly..perfect breeding ground for all of the mosquitos on the property. The walk to the beach was long, but we like to walk and didn't mind. When we checked out with our luggage, we were walking to the lobby and saw an empty golf cart coming...I flagged him down..HE KEPT DRIVING. Maybe it was because I am a woman and my boyfriend didn't flag him down instead.

Overall this place is horrible. I was been to Mexico 3 times this past year and I have NEVER been treated so poorly or experienced such an awful resort. We wanted to maybe try something different...BIG MISTAKE on our part. The only time we had a good vacation was when we LEFT the resort to go do something. I really wish we could get some of our money back, I feel robbed, big time. I will be contacting the main corporate offices of Iberostar to make sure they are informed of our experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Stephanie R
Dear Stephanie R,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience.

We regret to know that your recent experience was not up to your expectations.

We are sorry we could not grant your room request. Even though our Front Desk Manager does his best to accommodate our guests’ petitions, we cannot guarantee any room request at the time of the booking, since they depend on the availability we have upon your arrival.

We regret to know that the email received from our Hotel was not addressed to both of you. Be sure that we will forward your comments to the Front Desk and the Concierge departments to take more precautions to avoid offending our guests. However we would like to clarify that this was never intentional and we usually address our correspondence to the name on the email address. We would like to add that Iberostar has an equal proportion of males and females in its workforce, likewise it receives a proportional number of guests of different genders and no distinctions whatsoever are made. All of our guests are important to us.

As per the children at the Hotel, Iberostar Paraiso Beach is indeed a family-oriented hotel; however, we have certain areas that can be used by guests searching for a quiet time. Regarding our buffets, thank you for that feedback, which has been passed on to our restaurant staff to avoid situations such as the one described.

We are glad that you liked our grounds. We are located in a natural protected area, and as a Green Globe certified hotel we conserve the vegetation and look after the wild life. The pounds work as home for different species here at the hotel and they are cleaned regularly.

If you ever choose Riviera Maya for your vacation again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our Iberostar.

Commerce, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a great trip, We love Iberostar - this was our 3rd time to visit Iberostar resorts but first time at this location. Lots of restaurants, we especially enjoyed the Mediterranean restaurant. the staff was so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for the third time for your vacations.

It is fantastic to know that you have given Iberostar the chance to offer you our service and our facilities on different occasions. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us since it provides important information regarding our services and facilities.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the Mediterranean restaurant food and that this was your favourite!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future; we hope you choose Mayan Riviera and of course Iberostar Paraiso Beach again for your next stay.

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family of 5 spent 6 nights at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach/Del Mar. The staff was outstanding! It is a tropical paradise and the property is stunning. Peacocks, pheasants, swans, and little anteaters are all over the property, but just add to the tropical feel and beauty. The food and drinks were satisfactory, although I must say that the Italian ala carte restaurant was our best meal. There was nightly entertainment that was very enjoyable and with food available 24/7, families with college age kids will be satisfied!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. We are more than happy to know that the service, the Staff and the facilities were just great and you had an incredible time with us.

We are happy you were satisfied with our culinary offer, which we try to improve and adapt to our guests’ tastes day after day.

The Staff is always committed to delivering the best service and to make sure our guests feel even better than being at home! It is our pleasure to know that we are on the right track to offer wonderful memories to our guests.

If you choose to visit Mayan Riviera in the near future, it would be our honor to welcome you back into our facilities to enjoy again a fantastic time with our Staff.

Quality manager
Canton (Atlanta), GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo previously, this obviously was a step down for us (we came with a group so didn't want to upgrade from where the rest were staying). All in all it was an enjoyable stay and lived up to it's level. As many others have stated, it is a lot of walking and the trolleys don't run often enough IMO. Normally I enjoy walking, but when you're dressed up and in heels going to dinner it would have been nice to arrive not already sweating. My only other complaint would be the Coatis (racoon-like animals) getting on and around the tables in the buffet while you're trying to eat, but that is partly due to the jerks who feed them despite all of the signs clearly stressing that you NOT feed them. Some people are just going to do what they want to do regardless of others.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3400 building which was midway between beach and lobby, so good location for us. R...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CJfromGA
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your recent stay.

We are glad to know that you have visited Iberostar Lindo before and this time you gave us the chance to welcome you to our Hotel; it is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with your group.

Regarding internal transportation, certainly we are a big hotel, so in order to accomplish our guests’ needs we have 3 trolleys running continuously which provide transfer along the hotel from the beach to rooms or main lobby, however, the time lapse between each of them will depend on the number of stops and occupancy we have. We take your feedback into consideration and have passed it on to Management.

If you choose Riviera Maya as your next destination, we would be more than glad to welcome you again to our Hotel or any of our sister resorts. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance should you have any request.

colleyville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have been to the beach many many times and this was the worst.
Good-room was clean, beach beautiful
Not so Good-walk was terrible especially with an older person, they said take the golf cart trolley--BUT they never came around. We told the manager Luis many many times and he just looked at us. HORRIBLE
--food--most is frozen out of a bag--specialty restaurants were the best yet when we arrived they were full!! Had to wait and wait for openings
--They have VERY few workers. We were there for 5 days and had one girl ask us for a drink by the pool. No one is cleaning up, no one is on the beach for drinks, 1 bartender at each bar most of the time working their tail off. Trolley drivers napping or not on the trolley
--resort is old and shows it
--standing water with trash in it and stinky in places
--mosquitos everywhere especially near the standing water
--air conditioning in our room (which we called on 3 times) ran but didn't get cold EVER but yet because the motor was running they thought it was working
--The set up is odd and requires walking to and from alot
--pool--clean it!!
--animals every where--peacocks are wonderful but the Coati's are alittle much when they are literally everywhere
--breakfast--no one EVER got us coffee or a drink in the main breakfast area
or even bothered to ask us anything
--again the workers need help and need to smile--I would have tipped well if anyone had been around to find that out!!
--AGAIN--there are much better places--LOOK ELSEWHERE

I had never stayed in an Iberostar and will not do it again
It's like they really don't care!!

Room Tip: Rooms are a long walk--DON"T GO
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank dawnrcox2
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Clients,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation.

We appreciate you took the time to share your comments with us since it provides important information for our improvement and to ensure all our guests enjoy their vacation.

We are sorry you feel our resort is too large. In order to accomplish our guests’ needs we have 3 trolleys running continuously which provide transfer along the hotel from the beach to rooms or main lobby, of course the time lapse between each of them will depend on the number of stops and occupancy we have. We also provide Bell Boys service in case of any especial need or request. Just by phoning Front Desk or Public Relations you can make an appointment.

Regarding the service at bars and restaurants, we apologize about the situations you are mentioning. We have passed your comments on to our Food & Beverage Department so that they can take corrective actions so our clients do not feel unattended.

Regarding our buffet food, our Executive Chef constantly makes efforts to offer the best quality and variety to our guests. We will send him your feedback so that he can take it into consideration. Regarding restaurant reservations, we recommend making reservations in advance or as soon as you arrive so that you can dine at the times of your convenience.

We hope you give us the chance in the near future to welcome you back and offer you the service of excellence you deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,479 reviews
Occidental at  Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destinatio...
#68 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,414 reviews
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
#93 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,915 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!