Let me start by saying that I am not one to complain or write bad reviews based off of a couple of mishaps...but my stay at this resort was so bad I feel like I need to share...My boyfriend and I traveled to Mexico and stayed at this resort for a quick, relaxing, and fun getaway. It was anything but thanks to this hotel.
1. The staff at this resort was RUDE! Before we arrived, I emailed them requesting a room AWAY from the theater because we wanted a quiet atmosphere. They responded, only acknowledging my boyfriend, not me. When we arrived, they pretty much ignored me and only made eye contact and spoke to my boyfriend. If I talked or asked a question, my boyfriend was addressed and given a response...it was like I was never there. THIS HAPPENED ALL THE TIME! Anyway, our request was not granted and we were given a room right by the theater. It was so loud our first night, we requested to change rooms. They gave us another room 5 buildings down..at night we realized that this new room WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE OTHER RESORT THEATER!! IT was 3x as loud! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The staff did not care. no apologies, no nothing. RUDE.
2. The food was horrible. I would rather heat up a lean cuisine or hot pocket than eat this food. The drinks were watered down and the staff was rude when serving..no surprise there.
3. If you are traveling with kids..this resort may be good for you. KIDS EVERYWHERE!! It was not ideal for a couple at all. Many times we would witness kids using theirs hands, and re-used utensils to serve themselves food. We quickly lost our appetites.
4. The grounds were pretty..except for all of the NASTY swamp-ponds by the lobby and the restaurants. It was gross and smelled horribly..perfect breeding ground for all of the mosquitos on the property. The walk to the beach was long, but we like to walk and didn't mind. When we checked out with our luggage, we were walking to the lobby and saw an empty golf cart coming...I flagged him down..HE KEPT DRIVING. Maybe it was because I am a woman and my boyfriend didn't flag him down instead.
Overall this place is horrible. I was been to Mexico 3 times this past year and I have NEVER been treated so poorly or experienced such an awful resort. We wanted to maybe try something different...BIG MISTAKE on our part. The only time we had a good vacation was when we LEFT the resort to go do something. I really wish we could get some of our money back, I feel robbed, big time. I will be contacting the main corporate offices of Iberostar to make sure they are informed of our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico