“Great resort”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great resort”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We spend a wonderful week. The resort is amazing, lots of birds, animals and very green. beach is beautiful and good for swimming . Very nice staff and entertainment team. Only problem is an internet connection that is extremely slow. Due to my busy work schedule I had to check my emails daily and it was a challenge.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

3 Thank Oxana221
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your kind review about our services. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful holiday! It is a pleasure to have been given the chance to serve you.

It was encouraging to hear that our grounds, facilities, food and staff service had contributed in making your trip memorable.

We regret the situation with the internet connection, in that matter and thanks to our guests suggestion we would like to inform you that we are working to improve that point this year; we are also planning to provide connection service from the rooms at an extra fee. Thank you for your observation and comments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor, we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

With our very best regards,

Quality manager
Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you want a vacation with absolutely no internet connectivity, this is a place for you. Go for it!

We were a party of over 20 guests attending a friend's wedding and we had a fabulous time at this resort. I am not going to comment on how well they assist in organizing weddings as I played no part in it, but I will comment everything else you want to know about this resort.

Food wise, their buffet is indeed very good! Meat dishes were hot and prepared on the spot; fruit and salad were fresh and delicious; seafood was very good quality as well. Since the buffet was already so good, the a-la-carte restaurants didn't come out as exceptional, but they were good too. Drink wise, since we were a large party so we had many occasions to drink our time away :) They were so many choices and never ran out. I tried coco-loco and it was yummy and had no ideas how many mojitos I had in that week. My friend who visited other resorts was impressed by the variety of drinks that this place offers. Oh one thing, there's club in the resort, drinks there suck!!!

Activities wise, there're so much to do in the resort with so many classes and games, e.g. water-polo, beach vollyball, soccer, catamaran, yoga, latino dances. There was never a dull moment.

Landscape wise, the resort is well maintained and was decorated with so many exotic plants. They even had peacocks roaming around free and it was kinda nice to see when they expanded their tail. The layout of the resort is very long with a small strip on the beach, so anywhere you go you have to walk a long way. On top of that, the front desk was so stupid to scatter our party into different buildings so it was almost impossible to find each other. Seriously, we had a group booking and how did this even happen?!

Room wise, I think this is less impressive compared to the rest of the resort. The furniture and bathroom looked a bit out-dated and there was a smell to it, perhaps because of the humidity. We were on the third floor with garden view. My friend who was getting married got a suite, but honestly, it didn't come across any nicer than our regular guest room. Guess extra monies for a suite is not worth it.

Staff's helpfulness - Front desk is useless, but everyone else in the resort e.g. golf cart driver, restaurant waitstaff, bell boys were all amazing! There're also travel agencies on site to book excursions. Of course they're a bit pricey but very handy if you want pick up right at the lobby. And always negotiate!

Okay, last but not least, the resort made all guests to pay for their internet AND the worst of all is that connectivity is ONLY available at the lobby. Not in your room, not in the restaurants, not on the beach, but at the lobby ONLY. And our connections were dropped numerous times and I don't remember when I had a real connection anymore.

Again, if internet connectivity is the last thing you want in your vacation in Cancun, Iberostar Paraiso Beach is indeed a great place to be.

Room Tip: Either choose your room close to the lobby (where most restaurants are) or the beach, we were given...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annie C
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guests,

First at all we would like to thank you for your recent visit to Iberostar Paraiso Beach and the opportunity you have given us by choosing us for your vacation in Mexico.

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your recent stay in our hotel. It was a great pleasure to read your valuable and encouraging feedback; it is imperative for us to know if we are achieving our goal, which is the complete satisfaction of our clients! And of course to keep improving day by day.

We regret the inconvenience at the check-in on your rooms’ locations, since we cannot guarantee specific room requests because it will depend on availability upon the guests’ arrival, especially during the peak season. Unfortunately it is difficult to place a group of 20 in the same block. Nonetheless we try to give priority and the Front Desk still works on it and does their best to fulfill every possible request.

Regarding internet services thank you for your observation, we are happy to announce that we are planning to provide the services also from the rooms, with an extra fee, this year.

We are delighted to know that besides the internet issue we provided you with an outstanding holiday and are also pleased to hear that you were happy with our delicious food, drinks, services, fauna and our well-maintained grounds.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.

Burr Ridge, Il
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were looking to do some winter traveling so we decided to return to the Iberostar Paraiso beach Hotel.We arrived on Jan.31 st and stayed until Feb. 7th 2013. The hotel was just as nice as we recalled. I like this place. It is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We spent most of our time at the beach, which they keep very clean. Beverages and food is at the beach so you do not have to travel to the buffet for lunch unless you want to. The buffet is not that far from the beach anyway. We would go th the pool @ 4.00pm and they would have tea, coffee and sweets at the ice cream stand as well as some fun activity and contests going on.
The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. Our favorite ala carte restaurants were the French and the Brazillian. Overall we had a nice time and would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms in buildings 30 to 36 are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeofBurrRidge
Dear Repeat Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us again on your last vacations.

All your kind comments in regards to our staff, facilities, the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the quality of our restaurants are greatly appreciated. We will be passing on your feedback to them so that they can feel encouraged and motivated as they are our greatest asset to ensure customer satisfaction.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words and your loyalty. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, please do not hesitate to contact us prior your arrival , it will be a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family and I have gone to Playa del Carmen every summer for as long as I can remember. Last summer we ventured out and decided to try Iberostar Paraiso Beach. It was me (23 y/o), brother (26), his girlfriend (26), mom and dad (56).
Checking in was easy and we they brough drinks over from the lobby bar. We usually get to the resort before our rooms are ready but we put our swimsuits in our carry-on bags so we can get straight to business. Our bags were delivered to our room once it was ready. We had 2 rooms, parents in one, us in the other, right next door to eachother. The rooms were great though, nice, clean, more than enough room for 3 to get ready.
The resort is huge so you need at least a whole day to get aquainted with the area. We remembered where our room was because there was a "V" shaped tree by ours.
The pool is huge, many different areas to enjoy. It starts by a bar and a volleyball pool, then turns in to a pretty waterfall/wave pool area, then connects under a bridge/lazy river area, and then to the pool bar. Fun events by the pool all day long. I was basically forced by the entertainment staff to learn how to salsa dance. Ended up being very fun! Good music by the pool all day. Bring sunscreen it is so strong by the pool. Bring $2 bills to the pool bar to get a better/stronger drink and better service. We always put our towels out in the am on the way to breakfast to get a good spot by the pool and beach, both get full. Don't lose your towel card so that you can switch it out at any time by the love of my life Mauricio (best staff member there).

Lunch buffets open about all day long. The beach bar was pretty awful but it didnt bother me. Make sure you make reservations with your concierge guy (for the a la carte restaurants) plenty a head of time. We waited til the night before and just about everything was booked. We went to the Texas Steakhouse and it was great!
The shows are always great, and have a great bar next to the show. The entertainment director was amazing, I fell inlove with him as well, Arno <3
My brother and girlfriend were boring at night, but I take full advantage of the resort nightlife. I went to the disco, so much fun, every night! Made lots of friends. There were all ages there but out of the people I was looking to party with I seemed to be one of the older young adults (or atleast older female), most were in 18 to college and joked about 23 being "old". Are you serious?! Any way, my dad is always a good sport so I made him go out to the disco with me and then prompted him to leave one I found my new vacation friends. He and I also did karaoke night at the sports bar, which is next to the lobby bar (and has hookah!). Overall, great trip, great resort, great beach/pool, service, nightlife and entertainment. I will definitely be back this summer.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the pool, the closer you are to the beach and less likely to get lost. But if...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kelsey d
Dear guests,

We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach. We also thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers, comments like yours really motivate us to keep giving the best to ensure our guests have the most amazing and fantastic holiday.

The Star Friends staff felt proud and thrilled with your comments, we are happy that you took the salsa lessons and you had a lot of fun. It is fantastic that you also brought your father to the disco to have some fun during the night 

We will definitely share your comments with the people in charge of the different departments, so they can be motivated by your words.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Iberostar Paraiso Beach hopefully in the very near future.

Terrace, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Jan 28-Feb 11/13When we arrived to check in we and the couple we were with were offered an upgrade at no charge to the Iberostar Lindo as well as another couple that arrived at the same time as us. We were quite excited to get to stay in the Lindo as it was more expensive and had a few more extras. Of course we said yes after it was explained to us, which took about 15-20 minutes. Then the employee found out we were staying 14 nights and said no we could not have an upgrade it was only for people staying 7 nights, we said we could stay at the Lindo for 7 nights and at the Paraiso Beach for the other 7, no they said that would not work. We were very upset as the employee wasted our time, and SHOULD HAVE checked how long we were staying before offering us the deal. Then he offered us the Presidential Suite at the Paraiso beach for $200 a week, of course that sounded too good to be true so we verified it and it was $200 per night, but he was trying to pull a fast one. Also I got 2 hours internet and so did my travelling companion and we both were given logout number so we could sign in and out until we used up our minutes. The next time we went to get 2 more hours of internet (on separate occasions) we were told we had to get a full week in order to log on and off. Of course we both questioned that since we had the logout before, but the employees would not budge. We both just got the 200 minutes and had saved our logout and it worked just fine, the employees were again trying to up sell us and straight out LYING to us for a better sale.
In spite of this and a few other incidents, we enjoyed our holiday, but will never stay at an Iberostar again.
We would like to thank Daniel (front desk) who was awesome and tried to diffuse the check in situation, which he had no part in. Also Edwin from the main buffet and he was also our server at the Italian ala carte, he was great too. Housekeeping also kept our rooms nice and clean.
Andrew & Anne
Terrace, BC

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the middle of the resort, that way it is equal walking distance to the lobby ar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AnnneHeather
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay.

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us since it helps us to improve our service and our facilities in order to provide the most amazing vacations for our guests.

Also we would like to express our most sincere apologies for the issues presented in your review and the misunderstanding in the check-in upon your arrival. Your comments has been shared and discussed with the front desk Manager in order to avoid any similar situation in the future. We sincerely regret the inconveniences this might have caused you, since our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our clients and we clearly did not achieve it this time.

We are glad that in spite of the situations mentioned you had a great holiday. For sure we will share your generous comments with Daniel and Edwin. The best reward that staff can have is your compliments.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in a near future and have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Iberostar, if this is the case please do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations Department in advance; we would be more than glad to assist you prior your arrival.

Hillman, Michigan
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading reviews of this resort I was hesitant of what we might find and to my surprise I found Iberostar Beach to be "Excellent" in every way..food..entertainment..hospitality..and Norma in housekeeping went out of her way to make us comfortable..I can not say enough about how well we were treated..how every staff member of the "Beach" went out of there way to make every moment easy and enjoyable...Thank You Edu..Christian..Isa..Eduardo..Norma..Josue..Alex..and everyone we encountered...for going out of your way to make our 30th reunion "wonderful"..can't wait to go back...ps..watch out for the "cat man"...

Room Tip: There are positives and negatives no matter where you stay..if you like to walk you will love it her...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bogett
Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach. It was a pleasure having you with us.

We are delighted to learn that after your decision to choose us, your expectations were satisfied to the fullest.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed each service and facilities, our delicious and varied food, entertainment, friendly and efficient staff and relaxing beach; reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more.

Your kind words and recognition to Edu..Christian..Isa..Eduardo..Norma..Josue..Alex and all our staff are all greatly appreciated by them and it encourages us continue to improve our services and to create lifetime memories.

Once again thank you for visiting us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Best Regards,

Boston
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The resort is huge, the grounds are beautiful, and the staff was amazing. That said, the rooms are average (though beds were comfortable) It appears that only a few have ocean views or even pool views, for the most part they are ALL garden view. The Pool is NOT heated and is a little jarring at first, thankfully we had warm sunny weather our entire trip so it was do-able. The beach is nice though chairs with umbrella's are all claimed by 7:30am so as much as I hate to do it we ran down early and threw a towel on a chair to claim a spot as we have a 2 year old that needed some shade to nap in. The biggest disappointment was the food. The bar at the beach served lunch daily though it was Hot dogs, Hamburgers (and the super flat pre-made patty variety), french fries, rice etc. There are 3 buffets as well though again it was burgers, dogs, fries, overcooked fish and a very random salad bar-ish setup. The specialty restaurants weren't much better in terms of taste. We ate at the Mexican, French, Mediterranean and Japanese restaurants. Mexican was sadly the worst, our waiter was horrible the food was uninspired and there were only 5 choices to choose from...I got the Taco's al Pastor and was brought 4 four-inch tacos on a plate, no rice, beans salad or side of any sort. French was also a let down with a pre-fix menu of items that felt as if they were leftovers from the days buffet. Mediterranean and Japonse were better though nothing I would go back for.

All in all, we had a nice relaxing stay though would not return based on the food. If you aren't food people and are looking for a large resort at a decent price I would say this is a good spot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank Boston188
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

First at all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Beach for your recent stay in Mexico, and for your valuable feedback in regard to your recent stay with us.

We are happy to know that you had a nice relaxing stay and you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and friendly staff members.

Concerning your comments on food, we are very sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations on your last stay. We have many options for our guests: 7 restaurants a la carte, 2 buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a diverse culinary offer to try to satisfy different palates. We have always considered our buffet to be complete and we even have a cooking live spot where our Chefs are always willing to fulfill our guests’ requests when it comes to food preparations from scratch. However this type of feedback helps us in order to improve our service in the areas you mentioned and these were forwarded to our Head Chef.

We truly appreciate all guest feedback as it provides inspiration to our team and allows us to continuously strive to achieve the utmost level in customer satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you back in the near future so we can change your point of view in regard to these issues.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#43 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Quetzal Playacar
Iberostar Quetzal Playacar
#45 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!