Iberostar Paraiso Beach
$240
$848
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$327
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$408
$222
$347
$305
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,522 results
All reviewsparaiso beachspecialty restaurantsstar friendsplaya del carmenjapanese restaurantice creamother resortsmain buffettacoslobby bara la cartesquiet areabuffet foodcrepescloser to the beachtaco shoprecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I loved my stay at the Iberostar. The resort was nice and the staff and customer service was beyond any expectation. The Star Friends also did a great job in making sure everyone was having a good time. I would highly recommend anyone traveling to Riviera Maya to stay at the Iberostar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank kmsqd6
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for this recent vacation.

As per all your comments, we are delighted to know that all the staff was beyond all your expectations and that your stay was more than pleasant. All this comments are proof that the service we are offering to our guests is the best we could.

Be sure that we will pass all your comments to all the staff, I’m sure they would be more than happy to read them.

If you visit Riviera Maya again, please we would be more than happy to welcome you back, feel free to contact us at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx we would be glad to assist you prior your vacations.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

First signs of trouble!

we just got back for a 7 day vacation with my whole family. We were had 3 rooms and that we requested to be in building 32 as we heard this was close to the beach and pool area. My brother and his girlfriend go there before me and my husband and parents and when he checked in he asked if all our rooms were in the same building, of course they were not so they had to spend time at check in to fix the problem.

When we arrived me and my husband got into our room we had noticed that the safe was looked so we called to have someone unlock it. An hour later we are still waiting in our room for someone to come unlock the safe. while we were waiting for security to come for the safe I almost broke my neck from the large puddle of water that was leaking from our AC unit. I called down to the front desk again and complained that no one has come for the safe yet and that we have a leaky AC unit. They assured me that security would be up and that they would send a maintenance person up to fix the AC. We have now spent over an hour in our room after traveling all day, not what we wanted to do!

The maintenance person came first and started to work on the AC, we kindly asked him to radio for security and finally they come. We asked if we could leave him so that we could get some dinner considering it is now close to 7:30. When we returned to our room after sweating to death at the open air buffet we found that we now have a HUGE hole in our ceiling and a very large crack from the AC unit to the door and it is still leaking this time even more than before! We have no more towel left because they are all on the floor soaking up all the water that is leaking out. We called down to the front desk and explained our issue and they informed us that they were going to switch our room. We wanted to stay in the same building so that we were close to our family. They did not have a room available in the same building that night so they told us to stay there for the night and they would move us the next day.

We finally got our new room around 1pm the next day and moved our stuff in to find that our mini fridge did not work and we did not have a remote for the T.V. Which happened to be the same issues that my brother and girlfriend had in their room and still have not been fixed. Oh did I mention they moved us to the room right next to my parents! Perfect :)

The Room

The rooms themselves were pretty ok! The beds are VERY hard but the bathroom is nice. They have a large walk in shower that is big enough for 2! I was disgusted by the bedding because I found lots of hair all over the blanket. GROSS!! The 2 double beds were very comfortable, they seemed newer. My bother somehow got a mattress pad on their bed so I would ask for it because we never got one on our bed, but we never did ask for one. Another bad thing about our rooms were that the keys would stop working frequently and we would have to walk all the way to the lobby to get new keys, this became annoying after the 3rd time it happened.

Pool/Beach

The beach area and pool are very nice. We could always find chairs with sun and shade. my only complaint about the pool was that as the day went on you could see stuff like straws, limes, and other misc. things floating in the pool. This is not the resorts fault but the fault of all the people being careless. There were not waitresses to come around and bring your drinks at either the poor or the beach. Be careful of the bottom of the pool, there are places that have tiles that are sticking up or even broken off. My husband cut the bottom of his foot pretty bad while playing water polo over by the volleyball next. First aid did come quickly to help and clean it out. Had we not been in Mexico he would have gotten stitches. This was a bummer because he had to stay out of the water for the rest of the trip, good thing was that we were leaving in 2 days.

We found the food to be very good in all of the nicer restaurants. We ate in all of the restaurants except the Tropical and the Steakhouse. Our favorite was the Japanese restaurant. Because we complained about all of our room problems we were able to get a reservation for every night we were there. Reservations are hard to get we had to eat a lot of our meals at 9 because that was all that was available. The buffet is ok, we only ate there our first night and it was sweltering and unbearable. Breakfast and dinner are in the same place and because of it being open air there are so many birds bothering you during breakfast and trying to get to your food. Never leave your plate unattended!

Resort

The resort itself is huge there are 4 resorts in one. I didn't really mind the walking because of all the eating and drinking I was doing i felt it was canceling each other out;) but it was a lot of walking for my parents who are older. The train is hard to time right and waiting is a waste of time. If you can flag down someone on a golf cart they usually will stop and pick you up. The Del Mar and Paraiso Beach are together and the Lindo and the Grand are separate. so if you are at the Del Mar or Paraiso Beach you can use each others restaurants or bars but you can not use the Lindo or Grands, but the Lindo and Grand can use any ones restaurants or bars.

I know I wrote a book but we had a lot of problems and I would not recommend this resort. There are a lot of very nice resorts that are much better and offer a lot more.

Room Tip: if you want to be close to the pool and beach I recommend buildings higher than 33, however they are far from the lobby and restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jaclynn N
Reviewed June 21, 2012

beautiful hotel and grounds have never seen nicer, Verry friendly staff The pool was huge and nice.

This play is way way to big for a vacation it takes about 15-20 minuts to walk from the breakfast buffet to the beach its a nice walk through a jungle with some nice animals but after a day or 2 you dont want to walk so much your on vacation, So bring comfertable walking shoes, because if you wait for a train that never comes you will loose half your time there waiting.

Me and my wife stayed for 6 nights the buffet food was ehhh and the same every night I dont understand how hard is it to get rice and beans in mexico really, the restaurants were ok but we were only allowed to book 2 for our 6 night stay, the medeteranien resturand we orderd fish witch had not tast at all, the mexican was ok, We heard the japanning restaurant was good but could not get a reservation.

Very cheap liquor no premium drinks at all

Sorry But its 2012 not the 1980's i should not have to walk a half a mile to the lobby to pay for wifi there should be internet connection in every room. I have an internet bussniss that can not be off line yes i am on vacation but only have to use internet a little in the morning and at nite so i had to carry my laptop to the lobby pay for the Wifi there and take it back to my room, gets annoying after a few days.

We wanted to go jet skiing we went to the beach to check it out and were told its $85.00 for a half an hour thats NUTS, We ended up going to playa dela carmen for the day and only paid $50 :) booked an ATV tour there and they took us to some underground cave witch was very beautiful and deff worth $120 for a couple.

This place is nice but not worth the $$$, I would get a hotel at playa dela carmen and eat at the resturants there and prob save $

we stayed at iberostar del mar and were not alloed to use the other resorts so all the pics you see, Look at the one with the yellow sheets and thats the room your are going to get with a small 17" TV the room was very mosty, so much that our pillows were wet and the beds are very hard. We were there with another couple and we went to the resort next door the paraiso to check it out we went to there buffet and were told we cant eat there after we had a plate full of food, Sorry but they should tell you that before, We did not know we left out room made a rleft and it was right there instead we had to walk a mile to find our buffet.

Room Tip: go to punta cana for half the price.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mike495
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear guest

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Your comments and the time you dedicated to let us know a very valuable feedback of your stay at Iberostar. You can be sure of the follow up of your recommendations in order to improve our services and avoid such problems in the future. Guest ´s satisfaction is our main goal. Thanks again for your comments and constructive feedback . We hope you give us the opportunity to host you in a near future and restore your confidence in Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Kind regards,
Quality Manager Iberostar México.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We just spent a week here with our four teenagers aged 14-18 and had a great time. The grounds are beautiful and there are lots of peacocks and mexican raccoons running around. We only had an issue with mosquitoes one night.. and I did see a truck spraying that night. I live in the south so get that they can be an issue so we just sprayed with bug spray that night.
Room was average but clean.. didn't spend much time there so didn't care.
Always found a chair in the shade by the pool or the beach which was great.
Lots to do.. we did archery, yoga, volleyball, rode a mechanical bull did silly water games with the "star friends" activity people. They were all super friendly and really added to the teens fun.. ( believe me that meant a lot because my teens get bored very quickly).
Evening entertainment could be a bit cheesy but we laughed and had fun. Karaoke with the teens was a hoot. The magic show was lots of fun.
Food: buffets were okay.. but had plenty to choose from. I never expect a lot from buffets but I never went hungry. Breakfast had lots of sausage and bacon and eggs for those that want a heavier breakfast.. I stuck to cereal and fruit and was happy. Plenty of coffee served by smiling waiters. No problems there. Lunch .. we kind of stuck to burgers and salad as some of the food looked like it had been sitting in the heat but again we were satisfied. Dinner: The buffet was much better at dinner.. all looked fresh and there was a lot too choose from. Two nights we ate at restaurants.. the Steak place and the Italian place. Very nice decor, great food and great service. Definitely felt like you were at better restaurant.
All in we had a great time and would highly recommend this resort especially if you have kids!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KarenS5321
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for all your amazing comments of your recent visit to our Hotel.
We appreciate you took the time to share your experience and to send all this feedback to us, since it help us to improve all our services that we offer to all our guests.

We will make sure that all this comments are passed to the people in charge of all the departments at the Hotel and be sure all the employees will be glad to know that you recognized all their efforts to make you feel welcome.

We really hope to welcome you back and all your family to our resort in a near future, if this is the case, please feel free to send us an email prior your vacations at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx I’m sure there are plenty things we could do to make this vacations memorable.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Have you ever had an event on a vacation that so negatively overwhelmed you that no matter how good everything else was, your vacation was ruined?

That event for my family was MOSQUITOS.

Yes, the grounds were immaculate. The pool was beautiful (though not terribly clean). The beach was AMAZING; beach sand, the water, everything - great. The food excellent.

However, for my 4yo daughter and wife, they got bit up beyond belief. I'm not kidding, when I tell you my wife counted over 30 bites just on her legs alone. My daughter seemed to have some type of allergic reaction and her bites would swell up to the size of silver dollars. In fact two weeks after our trip, she still has the remnant of a bite on her face that she scratched.

For those of you saying.. you're fault, get bug spray.. well .. we did. The damn insects are relentless. The spray minimally worked. Rather than getting 20 bites in a night, they would get 2-3.

Anyway it is an issue of the "style" of the resort. It is set to be very "tropical". There are wet marshes everywhere, and my only presumption is those marshes have to be breeding grounds for mosquitoes.

Anyway, enough for me. If you are un-phased by mosquitoes like myself and my 7mo infant. You're in the clear. Go visit the resort. Had it not been for these miniature beasts roaming the facility, I would EASILY go back to this resort year-after-year.

Final note, we've been to Punta Cana and Puerto Plata in the DR. No issue of mosquitoes. Both areas are quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank joelnale
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at IBEROSTAR.

We really appreciate that you took the time to send us all your feedback, since our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our clients, this comments help us to improve the services we offer and also to offer a better service.

We regret the fact that you were not complete satisfied with your vacations, we are glad to know that the service, food, facilities, beach and basically all was good enough to satisfy your requirements, it is a shame that mosquitoes did ruin almost all the good memories you have created at our Hotel. Be sure that we will pass all your comments to the people in charge of each department to inform about the situation mentioned.

We really hope we could welcome you again to our resort to rediscover the beauty of our ground and our service. If this is the case, please send us an email at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx prior your stay, I’m sure there is a lot of things we can do for you to make this vacations memorable.

Warm Regards,