This resort has been well documented on other reviews, but we thought we'd add a few comments after our two week stay from March 17-31, 2012. We are a family of six people with a Grandma, 2 adults and 3 kids, and we had contacted the resort ahead of time for a room request for adjoining rooms and certain beds. All requests were granted, and check in was a breeze. We booked with Westjet Vacations and had a very good transfer from the airport to the hotel (although is was a bit of a wait). The rooms are spacious and well appointed for Mexican all-inclusive rooms (typical 4star quality). Yes they were a walk to the buffet, but the excersice is usually welcome. Also Grandma has mobility issues, so we would call for Golf Cart pickup, which ALWAYS arrived within 5 minutes of a call. We were in the 3400 rooms, which are very close to the pool, and somewhat close to the beach, which was perfect. The Buffets were a bit repetative, but that is to be expected in buffets. We ate a the Mediterrainian, the Brazilian, the Japanese, the Italian and the Steakhouse. The Brazil and Japan were the best, followed by the Steakhouse, Italian then the Med. We had a bad experience with the waiter no counting the dishes right at the Med and only getting 4 of the 6 meals. Oh well, we went to the buffet afterwards and all was good. The table Magician at the Buffet was very entertaining and also does baloon animals for the kids.
We did not see much as far as the show went, the the Illusionist was not bad. The beach at this resort is beautiful and the kids loved playing in the waves. The Red flag just means stay where you can touch the bottom, so we were able to go out and play every day.
I am an early riser, so getting the pool chairs was never an issue, but the good ones tend to book up early, so be aware.
The wildlife around the resort was beautiful and plentiful, such a nice treat to see. We actually noticed people form the Grand Resort coming to visit us for the walks, and the more active pools, rather than their stuffiness.
We also used the Dressel Diving service for the Learn to dive program, and had a wonderful diving experience of the shore of the resort.
Hope that this review helps, and don't take the negative stuff too seriously, it is a beautiful 4 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico