“This is the perfect place created for the enjoyment of all the senses!”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Our journey began in 10.11.2011. to 17.11.2011. After a great time organized by the Hit tourism companies from Zagreb - Last minute branches and Austrian Neckermann Raisen, everything went smoothly and without any problems. Check in is going to the welcome drink - margaritas and our heavenly rest and relaxation begins. We chose an object number 38, standard rooms number 20, second floor, as the objects that are recommend, and they are 36 and 37 were occupied (small hint - the rooms are exactly the same distance from the beach and restaurants). Our apartment was perfect, spacious and large with two double beds and sleeper (total for 5 people - and our family has 3 members), spacious bathroom with tub and a large triple mirror (a little help - take a make-up mirror - our teenager 17 years is a bit lacking). Of the included tools we found the ironing board, iron, hair dryer, coffee machine and safe. As we arrived at 9 pm, he found us was dark, but despite that, we walked resort, which is discreetly illuminated with a floor lamp, and the atmosphere is elegant and romantic. The temperature overnight was not falling below 23 degrees Celsius (very warm, very high humidity in the air - maybe someone will pose difficulties - we are not one of them), and during the day between 26-30 degrees Celsius, but the first tour we stayed in memory, the wonderful smells mixed together with lush, low and high vegetation and the scent of food from the restaurant, something wonderful for all the senses. Beds large and comfortable, where we slept like babies. At the reception we have received any instructions about the hotel and service, room service, and how it was already 10:40 pm we ordered pizza, which came in 15 minutes (room service is open from 11 am to 11 pm - bravo for the service!). I managed to raise early at 6 am and I thank God that they were the chairs on the terrace because your knees tremble, I stepped onto the balcony and the wau, yes, this is a heavenly environment. The beautiful colors of plants and facilities, so immaculately maintained, clean roads without a shred leaves or branches (I immediately wondered how this is possible, but I did not wait long for an answer, because people soon emerged from the Iberostar staff who always work, and what was wonderful, not only for this resort than anywhere we moved, it is always present smile and unforgettable greeting - Hola!, help you find any gdje.What a nice feeling and if you refer to a variety of destinations for the trips always You will feel safe and secure. With clean 5 stars for service and hospitality - big gracias for Mexicans. Every day was decorated rooms and a new animal sculptures out of towels - wonderful. A mini bar are supplemented every day with beer, juices and water - bravo . How to describe something that is sure to be felt all the senses, absolutely divine feeling when you move through the beautiful and vast estate. Beautiful and large swimming pools with warm (the time around noon and too hot water), lots of activities by the Star Friends staff who will you entertain from 10 am to 5 pm. I do not want anyone to leave but I want this occasion to send a big thank you to everyone for their efforts and raise the atmosphere through various games and animation (though I would separated our best natured and likeable, our friend Miguel - "Gracias Miguel :) " and received greetings from Andrea). Everywhere you followed a smile and a great atmosphere, great entertainment and food was impeccable. Perhaps you have read the previous comment that the buffet is repetitive, but let's face it people the choice of 30 types of food, 6 types of natural juices and 5 sparkling juices, 2 types of milk, more than 10 kinds of fruit. I know that everyone can find something for yourself and every other day change the meal. Please note that with the regular meals served their specialties, which are exchanged each day, different types of fish and shellfish, various kinds of meat: chicken, turkey, veal (soft as butter), pork, young pork, lamb, and right to look for something more (perhaps wild meat or insects?). Maybe a different and special food you can get in their 5 different restaurants, but we did not wanted to experiment with flavors, no thanks. How can I describe a beach that stretches over 2 km. to the south of the Iberostar kopleksa so famous (some the most beautiful in the world) Maroma beach, warm Caribbean Sea, white sand that is soft as a powder, packed with sun loungers and parasols. Beautiful and enchanting, so of course we are on the Caribbean Sea! Looking for adventure and the trip we decided to rent a car in Playa del Carmen for two days. It was a big hit! In these two days we visited one of the most beautiful places on Earth - the ruins in Tulum, a beautiful place, with the dream view of the beach that will cool you down (recommendation - make sure to take water with you). In the evening we went to divine beaches located south-west of Tulum and a restaurant called La vita es bella, and we ate delicious pizza and drinking great cocktails (my wife loves mojitos cocktails, and I Miami Vice - cocktails are three times stronger than the Iberostar resort - but it is not important because there is no limit in resort, take it as a good intention Iberostar staff). The restaurant is beautiful with excellent service, chairs and sun loungers and parasols. Beach stunningly beautiful and pure, and extends to about 1800 meters long and 10-90 meters wide, with a completely superb views of the sea and the beach. My wife commented that it was her most beautiful beaches in the world (even beautiful than Maroma)! The second day we went to Cancun, which has wonderful hotels, excellent beaches and a lot of different places for shopping. In the afternoon we went to Acumal. Because I love diving, we went there and met wonderful people who work in the dive center, we went to the beach, I dove into the warm sea and saw a beautiful fish, some corals, but what makes Akumal is known, sea turtles, as I soon fell dark and visibility was poor in the sea, I believe it will be more opportunities in the following trips to Mexico. One day we separated for the purchase of the famous Playa del Carmen which is 20 km. of Iberostar. Here you can find everything from souvenirs to large shopping centers with a variety of goods. We were pleasantly surprised after we drank cocktails, we've got a free coupon for the next drink in the nearby buffet - this is a great commercial service in the city. Again you follow everywhere smile and calls on all sides (possibly others to interfere, we are not) to visit their shops and there are many and after seeing the bracelet greet you warmly as guests of the hotel Iberostar - what a nice feeling! Here everything is predestined great service and tourism. The only negative thing about this trip is that you can not stop time and to eventually have to return home. Believe that the popular saying has completely changed when we say in Croatia: The House is nice, but everywhere is even more beautiful - here takes on full meaning. Back home in the winter time (now I understand why this is a favorite destination for Americans and Canadians in particular - that a few times a year come to this wonderful and warm paradise), was very difficult for us, but it warms us thought: Of course I'll be back! Finally, I would like to thank all the people who have embellished this trip, the hotel Iberostar staff, staff from the Hit turizam, then the Austrian Neckermmenu Raisen and the entire animation team Star friends. Hola Mexico!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NenadSan

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Even though this resort is showing its age, its interesting layout and luxuriant landscaping are wonderful. This made the walking to the various locations very pleasant as we always had something beautiful to admire on the way. All of the public spaces (even the beach washroom) are very clean and well maintained.
There are LOTS of coatie on the resort which can be a nuisance, especially when people started feeding them at the beach snack bar. The beach is well groomed…hardly any cigarette butts in the sand which is quite an achievement for the maintenance team. It is quite obvious that this resort definitely has top-notch personnel working in every department.
Our clean accomodations are due for a makeover, but were quite acceptable. The air conditioning was repaired rapidly. We only had a phone on the last day, so we could not have ordered room service if we wanted to.
They offered a nice variety of food in the main dining rooms. The à la carte restaurants were also good in general. Their white wine was alright and most of the drinks served at the bars were mixed properly. We found their food and drinks to be superior to other 4 star resorts that we stayed at.
I recommend this resort for its good value for money and for its wide range of activities that can appeal to various age groups

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lpansieri
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Visited this hotel last year and had a great time. Our group had 19 to 23 yr olds and they had an amazing time. The galazy disco in the hotel is awesome and the entire resort is very safe. There is alot to do for the younger crowd and the parents and older memebers of the group loved it as well. The activities are non sttop and if you just want to relax and take in the sun - thats possible too. The ocean is great ( some waves and seaweed - but it's the ocean). The food and service was great - Overall an amazing vacation - wisdh we could find the same thing in a new area we haven't seen..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JUG123
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Let me start by saying we (wife and I, 40ish, + daughter, 10) traveled to the Iberostar Paraiso Beach from Friday 11/4 to Saturday 11/12. We have been to other all-inclusive resorts over the past 7 years in the Bahamas (adults only), DR, Jamaica and now Mexico. I think this was definitely the best money for value of the four, but I must admit we got a really good deal on Orbitz.

Using the Tripadvisor categories, I'll give you a rundown:

Service: Excellent. At every other resort, most people were very nice but a handful who were either not happy in their jobs or just having a bad day or just had not overly friendly personalities could be found. Not the case here. Every single person was friendly, helpful, engaging, joked around, answered your question or got it answered. It started before we got there when we emailed (as you should) our room preferences. Ishmael, either THE front desk manager or A front desk manager, got right back to us and confirmed he was able to fill our request. From our arrival to departure everyone we dealt with, front desk, concierge, housekeeping, spa, restaurants was excellent. Ishmael called us once and the concierge called us three times during our trip to make sure everything was perfect. Housekeeping answered every one of our requests, more pillows, mattress pad (the beds are very firm), mini bar selections, etc. Top notch all around.

Value: I already mentioned we got a great deal. Because we took advantage of a "kids free" offer, our price was great, but it would have been a good value at a higher price as well.

Sleep Quality: King size bed, which we requested, and a convertible couch for our daughter. Bed was a little firm for us, but with the pad it was perfect.

Cleanliness: Very clean and there were always staff members keeping up on empty cups by pool, groundskeepers doing early morning trimming, etc.

Location: I've been to Cancun before and I think this is better because the hotel zone in Cancun is very crowded and busy. This location (multiple Iberostar resorts - Beach, Del Mar, Lindo) is perfect because it is between Cancun and Playa del Carmen so you have access to Playa del Carmen for shopping but it is closer to the airport for arrival and departure.

Rooms: We had a standard room, second floor, building 35, facing pool. If you see pictures of the waterfall, that's at one end of the pool opposite the beach end, our room looked out towards that area. Rooms are a very good size and standard room would be considered a mini-suite or junior suite at other resorts. I think upgrading here to junior suite gets you a jacuzzi tub in room, but you would have to check. We had a very large (6 foot long) walk in shower in regular / good size bathroom. Balcony is set with two chairs and a table, but there is room to maneuver otherwise as well.

Food: Every meal was very good and some were great. I'd say the buffets were a little better at the other all-inclusive locations I mentioned but it was good here as well. We ate at the Steak House, Mexican (2), Mediterranean and Japanese / hibachi restaurants. Mediterranean and Japanese were very well done and food was excellent. Steak House and Mexican were both very good.

Little things I thought were nice about resort:

Pool had waitress service as well as pool / swim up bars which previous locations did not (waitress service).

Property has lobby shops (2 or 3) but also has a whole shopping area of about 20 shops on the property which also included a crepe / ice cream shop and a taco stand which were included as well.

Mexican restaurant had a tequila cart which they offered as an after dinner drink option.

Both Mexican and Mediterranean had dishes served "flambe" with excellent presentation right at your table.

A day pass was only $50 for our friends to come to our resort instead of $100 to go to theirs (Riu).

Tipping is not expected, but certainly welcomed and I suggest bringing a supply of singles to give to people who serve you, clean you room, etc.

That's all I can think of but overall it was excellent. Beautiful pool area and beach, lots of activities every day around pool and beach, and again, every single person had a smile and a nice thing to say.

Feel free to email me with questions.

Room Tip: Buildings 35 and lower are adjacent to the pool and beach areas. The lower you go, the farther from...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank Adam B
Reviewed November 6, 2011

12 of us went to this location in February. We had an amazing time. The food at the buffets was decent. The Japanese a la carte was excellent. I had salmon and steak at the Steak Restaurant that was awesome. The mojitos were made perfectly. It was rather crowded, but we never had a hard time finding chairs at the beach. Our rooms were clean and beds comfortable. This property is quite large and there was always a golf cart pulling up at the right time to drive us around. We visited the disco nightly. The DJ would not accommodate many of our song requests. The disco is huge and we loved it! I have very few complaints as they were great to us and our large group!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank MELISSA K
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Howdy fellow travelers,
First I must say this hotel is great. Overall I suggest you try it and will most likely love it. But, as everywhere, some things were a disappointment.

We were 11 people.
Great things:
Hotel ground is almost perfect, lots of maintenance personnel, always clean, beautiful vegetation. Hotel lobby and rooms are marble everywhere. Always super service at the reception, staff always smiling and friendly. Don't be cheap and give a few pesos here and there as these people are working hard and often supporting their families living in the jungle with no access to beacon 24/7 as I did, bless my heart. Internet is wireless in the lobby, I guess fast for Mexican standards.
Room: Good overall, I would say great but as often in these places, the mattress was rock hard and not good at all for me who is used to memory foam mattress. Room is all marble and stuff. Huge shower. Some small issues with the plumbing but nothing to lose sleep over. Room was always kept very clean by the maid, maybe 20 pesos each morning helped, who knows. I was thorough is my search for bed bugs but I didn't fin any. A/C was working great. lowest temperature was 21 degrees Celsius but who would want anything cooler anyway when its 30 degrees + humidity outside. Mini-Bar was refilled everyday with pop, beer and water. We asked for extra water and BOOM, there it is a few hours later. Room building is very nice by the way.
POOL & BEACH:
Pool was also great, huge bar in the water, few people, great service. Entertainment and music available but never disturbing if you don't sit close to it. There was few children and were not bothered by these little goblins. Plenty of chairs and palapas. Of course during busy seasons you might want to come chose and reserve your spot early but it is against hotel policy as I reminded my girlfriend, you guessed it I was ignored and it's fine because it's not like I never broke any rules before!!!!! :)
Beach was great, fine white sand with crystal blue water. Again lots of chairs and stuff, staff always available with random games and special food like giant paella. Beach bar is OK at best, I tried a few times for rhum and cola was always flat, had to throw the drinks in the garbish. Also the Snack bar at the beach was OK but I quickly got tired of eating the same burger, hot dogs, nachos, wings and ribs. Burgers and hot dogs bread are so big it is not pleasant. They could save money and make people happier by making smaller bread. I suggest you add jalapenos and BBQ sauce and nacho cheese on your burger. But whatever you do, do not add these little sneaky bell pepper like Habanero, hot as hell even to my standard. We often went for lunch at the buffet next to the beach, not quite big but OK. As anywhere else, after 6 days I had a hard time finding something that looked attractive to my eye.
WHAT TO AVOID:
Whatever you do or however drunk you are, do not, I REPEAT, do not order food from room service. I gave them 2 chances and and other people too and it was a nightmare. Pizza was disgusting and didn't taste at all like the one at the buffet, which was acceptable. Then following day I was thinking let's order again as yesterday was obviously an error. I ordered the crab wrap (with mayonnaise on the menu). I received this tiny things that looked from outer space, fake crab, all dried materials with no sauces whatsoever. I took a bit just to say I had tried it but threw it out. AWFUL.
Don't have coke at the beach it is always flat. Drink something else.
AVOID at any cost the Italian and steakhouse restaurant. Eating one hand and keeping the other for tomorrow as we say in french would have been more enjoyable than eating these unpleasant and gross looking plate.

Remember you will do some walking but it's not nearly as bad as some complainers would say here. I say from beach to lobby at regular pace, 6-7 minutes tops, which help you move a little and activate digestion. Those who don't like walking should definitively go since walking is good for you. In any case, it helped me forget about the beacon I had every morning. What can I do, I love beacon.
Also, there is a apparatus on wheel (also known as golf cart) that you can ask for transportation if you had too much beacon.

And that, my trip advisor friend, complete my review

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank Mister_Simple_Truth
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I read a lot of reviews before going on this vacation and was so very appreciative for the feedback. This was all I had hoped for it to be and we can't wait to go back. My husband and I booked thru cheapcarribean.com, which was easy and we found great value in what we wanted for a vacation. The people are so very nice, food was great, nightly entertainment was fun and the resort was very clean and safe. We loved the ambience with the swan and flamingoes, parrots and other animals about the resort. They had a couple cats wandering around and an animal that must be in the raccoon family. But we are animal lovers so that was an added perk for us. The pool was beautiful and the beach was fabulous. We are beach people so we found ourselves there a lot. The restaurants were delicious. The Japanese and Brazilian were our favorites. The Mediterranean was good. We got the surf and turf and it was just ok. The buffet was a treat everyday, we thought. We hope to check out Iberostar Cozumel next. You can't go wrong with Iberostar, in our minds.

Room Tip: We were in a room that was in a building in the middle of the resort. We really liked that because...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
#46 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
#71 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!